Jump to topic:

"Survivor: Cagayan" Thread

MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 12:54:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If any of you nerds out there watch this show, let's talk turkey about the top 8.

Who's your favorite?
Who do you think will win?
How dare they vote off Cliff Robinson?

All these questions and more go in this thread.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:09:11 PM
At 4/18/2014 12:54:14 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
If any of you nerds out there watch this show, let's talk turkey about the top 8.

Who's your favorite?
Who do you think will win?
How dare they vote off Cliff Robinson?

All these questions and more go in this thread.

I don't watch the show, but that cheerleader is pretty hot. Then again, I lower my standards day after day.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:16:09 PM
At 4/18/2014 1:09:46 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
None the less, its the most fake piece of television in air

Actually, it's one of the most realistic, if not the most realistic reality show on air. There was someone who got third place on Survivor from South Dakota who I talked to, and she talked about just how little the crew interferes with the contestant's situation. The only thing in the game that's not up to the contestants is the rules.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:19:22 PM
At 4/18/2014 1:16:09 PM, MassiveDump wrote:

Actually, it's one of the most realistic, if not the most realistic reality show on air. There was someone who got third place on Survivor from South Dakota who I talked to, and she talked about just how little the crew interferes with the contestant's situation. The only thing in the game that's not up to the contestants is the rules.

Phff, probably had to sign a contract or what not. No one in real life would invoke that much drama. My problems with the show even if it were true......

1) No strategy or deception. Just a changing popularity contest.

2) You can win the contests removing all need for strategy.

3) TO MUCH DRAMA
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:30:00 PM
At 4/18/2014 1:19:22 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/18/2014 1:16:09 PM, MassiveDump wrote:

Phff, probably had to sign a contract or what not.

Yep. You gotta hate those "don't have private conversations or we'll magically find out and sue you" clauses.

No one in real life would invoke that much drama.

What? You've never been to high school? Survivor is practically that, except with a million dollars at stake.

My problems with the show even if it were true......

1) No strategy or deception. Just a changing popularity contest.

I could kill you for that xD There's so much strategy and blind-siding involved that it's practically an 18-way chess game on an island.

2) You can win the contests removing all need for strategy.

You'd think so, but even if you win challenge after challenge (first of all, super unlikely), as soon as you lose a challenge, the competitors won't hesitate to vote you off to make sure you don't beat them again.

3) TO MUCH DRAMA

There's drama, but it's mild drama, and it's a really enjoyable social experiment worth watching.

Shows like "Big Brother" and (God forbid this one ever comes back) "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here" really pile on the drama, but you don't really get that from Survivor. It's just 18 people with very little food and comfort, and it's going to some of their heads, but they all take it differently. The genuine social is aspect is actually what makes the show so exciting.