Jabba the Hut, yes from star wars!

Logic5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:01:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Yes, everybody knows him!

He's clearly very weak, and he wouldn't be able to survive long in the wild. He's slow fat, and I doubt he can really walk!

Why was this character designed this way? To emphatize his enormous power and influence, to plant into our minds that he was a really powerful character.

One has to have a lot of power to be able to survive and thrive with such weak phyisque.

Anyway, this is all interesting, but how come I can't find this online? I probably didn't come up with this, this is basic psychology! How come I can't find anyone explaining this on the whole internet if star wars is enormously famous.

This is just a simple thing I can't google, but I have tons of them, much more abstract about feelings, about how I feel about this type of brutalist architecture...

But this is a down to earth example, so help me out!
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 2:38:41 AM
At 4/21/2014 6:01:36 PM, Logic5 wrote:

This is an absolute claim. Until you can prove the validity of this statement... I view it as inaccurate and is thus invalid.

He's clearly very weak, and he wouldn't be able to survive long in the wild. He's slow fat, and I doubt he can really walk!

I concur with these observations and hypothesis. In order to complete this vast experiment we will need to acquire a live Jabba the Hut and test this walking theory with means that are acceptable to modern standards of the scientific method.

Why was this character designed this way? To emphatize his enormous power and influence, to plant into our minds that he was a really powerful character.

We would only know by understanding the cause of the writer, and other decision makers of that film. Your assumptions are interesting considering he wasn't all that powerful in hindsight.

One has to have a lot of power to be able to survive and thrive with such weak phyisque.

Assumptions... again. Idk why I'm even doing this. I should be sleeping. I have a final exam in 5 hrs. Good Lord.

Anyway, this is all interesting, but how come I can't find this online? I probably didn't come up with this, this is basic psychology! How come I can't find anyone explaining this on the whole internet if star wars is enormously famous.

There are most likely case studies on character traits and personalities hidden throughout Star wars fan culture. You can find it if you look hard enough, although is it equally likely that no-one cared enough about Jabba the Hut to devote a case study on him. Expand on psychology point please.

This is just a simple thing I can't google, but I have tons of them, much more abstract about feelings, about how I feel about this type of brutalist architecture...

Lies. You have no feelings. I know this because you are merely a reflection of myself, in this great matrix of nothingness. I have no feelings, therefore, you have no feelings - my reflection. Remember, you do not bend the spoon - because there is no spoon to begin with. Once you realize this, you will bend the spoon. (Apparently)

I hope I've helped. Although in truth, I was only helping myself... to the giant chocolate chip cookie that is known as Life. For an un-examined life is not a life worth living. (Personal quote I made up one day while watching ants) Don't you agree?
Long live Jabba the Hut, psychology, and brutalist architecture...
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 2:43:08 AM
At 4/22/2014 2:38:41 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:01:36 PM, Logic5 wrote:

This is an absolute claim. Until you can prove the validity of this statement... I view it as inaccurate and is thus invalid.

I concur with these observations and hypothesis. In order to complete this vast experiment we will need to acquire a live Jabba the Hut and test this walking theory with means that are acceptable to modern standards of the scientific method.

We would only know by understanding the cause of the writer, and other decision makers of that film. Your assumptions are interesting considering he wasn't all that powerful in hindsight.

Assumptions... again. Idk why I'm even doing this. I should be sleeping. I have a final exam in 5 hrs. Good Lord.

There are most likely case studies on character traits and personalities hidden throughout Star wars fan culture. You can find it if you look hard enough, although is it equally likely that no-one cared enough about Jabba the Hut to devote a case study on him. Expand on psychology point please.

Lies. You have no feelings. I know this because you are merely a reflection of myself, in this great matrix of nothingness. I have no feelings, therefore, you have no feelings - my reflection. Remember, you do not bend the spoon - because there is no spoon to begin with. Once you realize this, you will bend the spoon. (Apparently)

You don't bend the spoon. It is your mind that bends.

I hope I've helped. Although in truth, I was only helping myself... to the giant chocolate chip cookie that is known as Life. For an un-examined life is not a life worth living. (Personal quote I made up one day while watching ants) Don't you agree?
Long live Jabba the Hut, psychology, and brutalist architecture...
Logic5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 10:34:02 AM
I'm glad you were honest, you were in fact only helping yourself. I hope your exam went well. I assume the nihilist rambling was a joke, because if you, like me, like to do these honest and logic analysis, even if they're not productive, then you should be more than aware that you make no sense yourself towards the end.

It's all fun and games, but your overly logic approach to my question made no sense, just like it makes no sense for you to start picking on my grammar, which you didn't.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 12:06:09 PM
At 4/22/2014 10:34:02 AM, Logic5 wrote:
I'm glad you were honest, you were in fact only helping yourself. I hope your exam went well. I assume the nihilist rambling was a joke, because if you, like me, like to do these honest and logic analysis, even if they're not productive, then you should be more than aware that you make no sense yourself towards the end.

It's all fun and games, but your overly logic approach to my question made no sense, just like it makes no sense for you to start picking on my grammar, which you didn't.

Haha yea the exam went pretty well. I'm feeling confident about the grade I'll receive. The nihilist ramblings were a half-joke. It was like half truth, half troll (the latter being corrected identified as the 2nd half of the rambling). I'm more Buddhist than nihilist if I'd have to choose one path over another for my own outlook, that's where the 'nothingness' and 'reflection' stuff came into play. Definitely divulged into nonsensical rambling towards the end though.

And I think your grammar is great... it's always a breathe of fresh air when someone practices proper grammar (or at-least uses the check your spelling option) when posting.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...