Jump to topic:

Ask a Grammar Schools Student

CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 1:20:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Obviously not an issue in the U.S, but in the U.K there's been some debate about firstly whether to keep grammar schools, whether to keep them as exclusive, whether to allow poorer students and the usual progressive talk.

Considering most outsiders don't actually know a lot about what a grammar school is actually like, people assume they are effectively free private schools or posh public schools. Well, being a grammar school student, I can answer all confusion people have about the issue, and reveal what a grammar school is actually like, if you are interested.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 6:17:36 PM
In America, grammar or elementary school is kindergarten through the 5th grade public or private. So I guess I don't have any questions.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 6:55:15 AM
At 5/5/2014 2:04:09 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Are you all Nazi's?

More like the Nazi Youth. But basically, yeah.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 3:14:18 PM
At 5/4/2014 1:20:58 PM, CJKAllstar wrote:
Obviously not an issue in the U.S, but in the U.K there's been some debate about firstly whether to keep grammar schools, whether to keep them as exclusive, whether to allow poorer students and the usual progressive talk.

Considering most outsiders don't actually know a lot about what a grammar school is actually like, people assume they are effectively free private schools or posh public schools. Well, being a grammar school student, I can answer all confusion people have about the issue, and reveal what a grammar school is actually like, if you are interested.

How does one get into a free posh public school?
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 8:17:33 PM

Did you intentionally put that grammar mistake in the title of the thread?
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 9:25:41 PM

A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...