Jump to topic:

I need a favor...

Itsallovernow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 12:39:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't have a cell phone and I don't want to bother my friends with texts from this site. That being said, would someone mind giving me their phone number through messaging me directly so I can input the number on "confirm your identity"? It's easier for all when we have the same interest as opposed to me asking my friends to do something for me for a seemingly random site. I know this is a lot to ask, but please and, hopefully, thank you.
Itsallovernow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 12:43:24 PM
At 2/9/2010 12:41:19 PM, theLwerd wrote:
I already used my cell phone. Plus it's been broken since August. Sarrrry.

Ah, it's alright bud. I appreciate the gesture though!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 1:11:54 PM
posting to achieve epic victory
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 1:13:14 PM
http://img690.imageshack.us...

Here we go.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 1:17:27 PM
Also get in line. :P
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 2:32:44 PM
At 2/9/2010 12:39:53 PM, Itsallovernow wrote:
I don't have a cell phone and I don't want to bother my friends with texts from this site. That being said, would someone mind giving me their phone number through messaging me directly so I can input the number on "confirm your identity"? It's easier for all when we have the same interest as opposed to me asking my friends to do something for me for a seemingly random site. I know this is a lot to ask, but please and, hopefully, thank you.

You have friends with phone numbers that work on this site. The Canadians and Europeans do not. Therefore, they get priority in the phone number decision.

Besides, it's only one text message.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 2:33:42 PM
At 2/9/2010 1:24:07 PM, feverish wrote:
Wow, what a great idea. If someone wants to do this for me too then I would be very grateful.

I'm considering getting a number for you, but I'm unsure how the moderator feels about this.
I'd prefer that the moderator just allow Canadians and Europeans to confirm their identity.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 2:41:33 PM
At 2/9/2010 2:36:19 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Uuum, ya..I would also greatly appreciate this. :)

You're in America. Get your own cell phone.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 2:46:05 PM
At 2/9/2010 2:41:33 PM, wjmelements wrote:

My evil mum won't let me :(
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 2:59:30 PM
At 2/9/2010 2:32:44 PM, wjmelements wrote:

You have friends with phone numbers that work on this site. The Canadians and Europeans do not.

I don't have friends either. :P
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 3:04:58 PM
At 2/9/2010 2:46:05 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 2/9/2010 2:41:33 PM, wjmelements wrote:

My evil mum won't let me :(

I didn't have a phone to confirm my account for the first 7 months I was on this site, either.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 3:22:41 PM
At 2/9/2010 2:33:42 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 2/9/2010 1:24:07 PM, feverish wrote:
Wow, what a great idea. If someone wants to do this for me too then I would be very grateful.

I'm considering getting a number for you, but I'm unsure how the moderator feels about this.
I'd prefer that the moderator just allow Canadians and Europeans to confirm their identity.

Yeah, I'd prefer that too, at least when we've participated in a certain number of debates or something. Guys like panda and egglestone have been here longer than me too.

It would be great if you'd do that for me mate but I understand you being cautious. If it is any extra motivator then I promise to make an effort to review and provide fair decisions on the debates of anyone who gets me a number lol.

btw I'm pretty sure Canadians don't have this cell phone issue. Volkov certainly votes.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2010 5:36:56 PM
At 2/9/2010 1:13:14 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
http://img690.imageshack.us...

Here we go.

LMAOO

I skimmed through the thread so I don't know if this has already been said but Canadians don't need numbers. Mine worked. I'd love to help someone out but this is the only number I've ever had and I've grown attached to it. If I do end up changing it I'll let someone know.
mds1303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 2:41:50 AM

I don't get a few things if someone doens't mind explaining please. What does confirming your account actually do? And can you only use a phone number one time? If you can use one multiple times then I don't mind letting somone use mine.