What was the wisest descion of your life and

dichotomyslave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 2:29:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
....What was the outcome?

The wisest decision in my life was going back to college. It was a very long haul, difficult, and exhausting, but the outcome was that I am doing what I love, I feel I am a contribution to society, I help those who can't help themselves, and each day I am able to see someone a lot worse off than I am so I am daily humbled by my fellow man and it further deepens my commitment to "Be the change we wish to see in the world" Ghandi. I feel like I am the richest person in the world sometimes.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 4:59:05 PM
The wisest decision of my life was to get rid of all my worthless drug user friends and get new ones who didn't use drugs and had real lives, jobs and futures.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
dichotomyslave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 8:31:24 PM
At 5/16/2014 4:59:05 PM, sadolite wrote:
The wisest decision of my life was to get rid of all my worthless drug user friends and get new ones who didn't use drugs and had real lives, jobs and futures.

Very wise decision!
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 8:58:55 PM
Coming to DDO, and I'm not kidding. Not only has DDO made me substantiate my viewpoints, it has changed so many of them that I former belief structure is almost completely alien to me. On top of that, it has encouraged me to learn more about and debate well topics that I had originally either disliked or lacked debating skill in, such as philosophy and science. I credit DDO with being the spark (although not for the actual material) for the majority of what I've learned in the last two years simply because of the inspiration it creates to substantiate viewpoints, which leads to curiosity about further subjects and a diversification of understanding and views.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 9:02:47 PM
At 5/16/2014 8:58:55 PM, Subutai wrote:
Coming to DDO, and I'm not kidding. Not only has DDO made me substantiate my viewpoints, it has changed so many of them that I former belief structure is almost completely alien to me. On top of that, it has encouraged me to learn more about and debate well topics that I had originally either disliked or lacked debating skill in, such as philosophy and science. I credit DDO with being the spark (although not for the actual material) for the majority of what I've learned in the last two years simply because of the inspiration it creates to substantiate viewpoints, which leads to curiosity about further subjects and a diversification of understanding and views.

I actually have to largely agree with this myself also. Although I never abandoned my central view points, they have been largely strengthened and I have grown more intellectually in my one year here then I did in basically my entire life prior to joining to DDO.

Just look at the first debate I ever did: http://www.debate.org...

I laugh so hard at just how bad I was at debating then. I really can't believe how much I have improved intellectually and in debating ever since then.
Nolite Timere
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 9:07:43 PM
At 5/16/2014 9:02:47 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 5/16/2014 8:58:55 PM, Subutai wrote:

I actually have to largely agree with this myself also. Although I never abandoned my central view points, they have been largely strengthened and I have grown more intellectually in my one year here then I did in basically my entire life prior to joining to DDO.

Just look at the first debate I ever did: http://www.debate.org...

I laugh so hard at just how bad I was at debating then. I really can't believe how much I have improved intellectually and in debating ever since then.

I'm not sure why my belief structure basically did a 180 over the course of a year, but I either chalk it up to my personality or my inherent anti-government ideas to begin with. And that's not as bad as my performance on some of my early debates.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 9:36:57 PM
At 5/16/2014 9:25:37 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Eating healthy.

1204971294 benefits including better sex life.

Considering all of your many adventures I was expecting a much more exciting answer from you.
Nolite Timere
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 1:39:44 AM
At 5/16/2014 2:29:07 PM, dichotomyslave wrote:
....What was the outcome?

The wisest decision in my life was going back to college. It was a very long haul, difficult, and exhausting, but the outcome was that I am doing what I love, I feel I am a contribution to society, I help those who can't help themselves, and each day I am able to see someone a lot worse off than I am so I am daily humbled by my fellow man and it further deepens my commitment to "Be the change we wish to see in the world" Ghandi. I feel like I am the richest person in the world sometimes.

When I decided to get my EMT certification. I had wanted to do it awhile, but my brother already was a firefighter/EMT and it felt kinda like copying him. Deciding that I didn't give a damn about whether I was copying him was probably the wisest decision I've made--it's led me to where I am, which is a Paramedic who's super happily married. I'm not sure I would have made the subsequent decisions I made which led me to where I am now if I hadn't. Also, technically, I'd outrank him on medical scenes if we were in the same state.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!