Jump to topic:

Cell PHones

wonderwoman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2010 4:24:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
So, my lover so graciously spilt her water glass all over my phone and I was wondering where I could find a cheap verizon phone that is equal to or better than the Lg Voyager (which is what i had)
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2010 4:26:50 PM
You're talking LG Voy, which isn't that cheap.... how cheap is cheap for you?
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
wonderwoman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2010 8:35:57 PM
At 2/10/2010 4:26:50 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:

To belle no upgrade tell June

To vi um the voy is only like what 200 dollars? I can spare anywheres between 100-300 Id imagine
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2010 8:40:23 PM
At 2/10/2010 8:35:57 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
At 2/10/2010 4:26:50 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:

To belle no upgrade tell June

To vi um the voy is only like what 200 dollars? I can spare anywheres between 100-300 Id imagine

Just so you know, the price that phones are listed for is not their retail value. Even "free" phones (free with a new 2 year contract) are about 150 - 250 retail.

best thing to do.

1) turn off phone and do not even try to turn it on. stick it in a bag of rice (uncooked of cource) for at least 2 days.

2) check to see if there is any coverage for liquid damage, even if it is just out of warrenty (which is usually much cheaper then retail value).

3) now start to look for a new phone.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 11:56:45 AM
Only $200? Well, when you factor in exchange rates and the fact you have a job it's not bad.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 12:43:52 PM
wonderwoman, I'm assuming you don't have phone insurance. I'd say take it to the people at Verizon and tell them you don't know what happened to it. Water damage is obvious to see, but sometimes an employee is willing to overlook it (hehe) or just not notice it and they'll give you a refurbished phone for free on the spot. The best thing to do though is go into the store and see what your options are... just don't admit that you spilled water on your phone (even if they know it's true). If they make you buy a new phone, I'd say check out the enV2 or env3. I have an enV2 and it's awesome. The enV3 is basically the same exact thing with like a very minor keyboard tweak. The camera is good and it's like the Voyager only smaller. Plus the enV2 isn't touch screen but the 3 might be. Either way, it's cheaper than the Voyager but still a great phone imo.
President of DDO