Jump to topic:

Catch Me Up on the Drama

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 2:54:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
A couple of weeks ago after trudging through the knee deep mounds of sh!t that now litter the DDO wasteland I had a break down and repeatedly slammed my head against a concrete wall hoping the subsequent head damage would erase all memory of what DDO has become. Instead it made me want to start a Let' Play channel on Youtube.

Anyways, I guess I'm back and have seen some vague whispers of dr ama involving Airmax, jifpop, banning, debates and other such stuff. I hope its not more roving mounds of sh!t so someone fill me in...

NAOOOO.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 3:05:08 PM
At 5/23/2014 2:54:53 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
A couple of weeks ago after trudging through the knee deep mounds of sh!t that now litter the DDO wasteland I had a break down and repeatedly slammed my head against a concrete wall hoping the subsequent head damage would erase all memory of what DDO has become. Instead it made me want to start a Let' Play channel on Youtube.

Anyways, I guess I'm back and have seen some vague whispers of dr ama involving Airmax, jifpop, banning, debates and other such stuff. I hope its not more roving mounds of sh!t so someone fill me in...

NAOOOO.

I'll be happy to answer any questions via PM.
Tsar of DDO
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 7:08:37 PM

NAOOOO.

Jifpop09 came back as Csareo and immediately began berating airmax and got involved in flame wars with YYW and KhaosMage. About an hour later, after being talked to by PotBelliedGeek, he announced that he conceded that he was being a jerk and wanted to start over with a clean slate. He still committed a couple of infractions after that but there were no further flame wars after that.

Meanwhile, Mikal was engaged in a debate with some random noob over whether or not Jifpop09's initial banning was justified. This random noob put up quite the fight with some great arguments concerning the ToS and the concept of "just". His arguments were SO good, in fact, that it got bluesteel and whiteflame to vote against Mikal for the first time that I can remember. However, as it turns out, this random noob was not a random noob at all, but a second account of the prominent debater zmikecuber (well, that's what we think, at least, based on his use of formal logic within his arguments).

Oh, and also, wrichcirw started some thread about whether or not that whole debate should be counted as a personal attack or not.

Dats all I can think of...
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 8:18:40 PM
Who's Jifpop09?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 8:24:33 PM
Nothing has changed in the drama department on DDO. All the same complaints all the same whining just different faces doing it every couple of years.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 11:40:00 PM
At 5/23/2014 7:08:37 PM, Romanii wrote:

NAOOOO.

Jifpop09 came back as Csareo and immediately began berating airmax and got involved in flame wars with YYW and KhaosMage. About an hour later, after being talked to by PotBelliedGeek, he announced that he conceded that he was being a jerk and wanted to start over with a clean slate. He still committed a couple of infractions after that but there were no further flame wars after that.

Meanwhile, Mikal was engaged in a debate with some random noob over whether or not Jifpop09's initial banning was justified. This random noob put up quite the fight with some great arguments concerning the ToS and the concept of "just". His arguments were SO good, in fact, that it got bluesteel and whiteflame to vote against Mikal for the first time that I can remember. However, as it turns out, this random noob was not a random noob at all, but a second account of the prominent debater zmikecuber (well, that's what we think, at least, based on his use of formal logic within his arguments).

Oh, and also, wrichcirw started some thread about whether or not that whole debate should be counted as a personal attack or not.

Thanks for the rundown bonobro.
tbhidc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 12:56:16 PM
At 5/23/2014 11:40:00 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

NAOOOO.

You have to check out the truth about the DDO elite in Romanii's thread called "We lost a good member today" in the debate.org forum section.

Your mind will be blown, my friend.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 3:02:36 PM

NAOOOO.

I got accused of multi accounting by jifpop which airmax confirmed as false after a brief IP check

Jifpop broke the tos and harassed me over and over and probably is in the process of being banned again.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 3:09:46 PM
At 5/24/2014 12:56:16 PM, tbhidc wrote:

NAOOOO.

You have to check out the truth about the DDO elite in Romanii's thread called "We lost a good member today" in the debate.org forum section.

Your mind will be blown, my friend.

No thanks...
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2014 10:56:28 PM

NAOOOO.

Dude you're gone, why do you even care?
Nolite Timere