Jump to topic:

At WAR with Yahoo

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 4:46:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
After having my Yahoo Answers account suspended 24 times, my entire Yahoo Account has now been revoked.

This means war!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 7:48:17 PM
I have been suspended before and they closed my account. was a bit sad but luckily it was my spam account. I would make joke questions about eating my dog or something.
kfc
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:50:39 AM
At 2/12/2010 7:48:17 PM, Koopin wrote:
I have been suspended before and they closed my account. was a bit sad but luckily it was my spam account. I would make joke questions about eating my dog or something.

I don't see why this stuff is "fun" or "funny."

The more I hear from guys, the more I affirm my sexuality.
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:52:41 AM
At 2/12/2010 4:46:00 PM, FREEDO wrote:
After having my Yahoo Answers account suspended 24 times, my entire Yahoo Account has now been revoked.

This means war!

What do you keep doing that gets you suspended?
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
True2GaGa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:53:48 AM
At 2/13/2010 9:52:41 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:

This means war!

Stupid Sh*t
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 7:48:17 PM
At 2/13/2010 9:50:39 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 2/12/2010 7:48:17 PM, Koopin wrote:

I don't see why this stuff is "fun" or "funny."

The more I hear from guys, the more I affirm my sexuality.

It depends on who is doing the reading. Some people would laugh and add me as fan. But then some people like you say "that's not funny, your going to hell, blah blah blah blah ..."
kfc
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 8:28:05 PM

This means war!

I was fueling a movement to counter yahoo answers senseless regulations. Basically, free-speech.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 8:33:32 PM
At 2/13/2010 8:28:05 PM, FREEDO wrote:

This means war!

I was fueling a movement to counter yahoo answers senseless regulations. Basically, free-speech.

Free speech only applies on your property. Property Rights > Free Speech.
The Rothbardian (anarchocapitalist) opinion on free speech is that there are no ethical issues when we leave the decisions of free speech to the owners of the space in which the speech is contained.
For example, the owner of a movie theatre has the right to regulate his theatre against prank shouts of "fire". Someone who decides to shout "fire" despite this has clearly interfered with the theatre owner's property rights.
In the same way, website owners have the right to regulate their usage.

If you want to be anarchocapitalist, you have to actually understand it.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:00:12 PM
At 2/13/2010 8:33:32 PM, wjmelements wrote:

This means war!

The Rothbardian (anarchocapitalist) opinion on free speech is that there are no ethical issues when we leave the decisions of free speech to the owners of the space in which the speech is contained.
For example, the owner of a movie theatre has the right to regulate his theatre against prank shouts of "fire". Someone who decides to shout "fire" despite this has clearly interfered with the theatre owner's property rights.

wjm, I already know all that, I think I understand Anarchy better than most Anarchists. I Have said this all before. I don't want to enforce free-speech on yahoo answers, I obviously realize yahoo's right to their property but I also want to reveal to them that the rules are pointless and do them absolutely no good, in fact if anything, it does them harm by making the users hate them. It is simply a war of ideas.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:05:44 PM
At 2/13/2010 9:00:12 PM, FREEDO wrote:
wjm, I already know all that, I think I understand Anarchy better than most Anarchists.

First. HAHAHA OH WOW.

Second. Therefore you're going to violate the property owner's terms in order to "peaceably convince them to change"?

Not cool. Send them a Yahoo exec a mail with your hotmail account if you want a "War of ideas."
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:09:56 PM
wjm, I already know all that, I think I understand Anarchy better than most Anarchists. I Have said this all before. I don't want to enforce free-speech on yahoo answers, I obviously realize yahoo's right to their property but I also want to reveal to them that the rules are pointless and do them absolutely no good, in fact if anything, it does them harm by making the users hate them. It is simply a war of ideas.

Yahoo is a fictional entity erected by those calling themselves the state and thus owns no legitimate property.

Otherwise I agree with you completely. I have had similar experiences on yugioh forums. Why do they not understand that they would be better off without Konami? Why do they not rise up and form their own community?
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:11:49 PM
At 2/13/2010 9:09:56 PM, Reasoning wrote:

Yahoo is a fictional entity erected by those calling themselves the state
I believe you heart wikipedia, so:

"Founder(s) Jerry Yang
David Filo"
(on yahoo article)
I don't think either of those call themselves "the state."
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:11:50 PM

Yahoo is a fictional entity erected by those calling themselves the state and thus owns no legitimate property.

Otherwise I agree with you completely. I have had similar experiences on yugioh forums. Why do they not understand that they would be better off without Konami? Why do they not rise up and form their own community?

It's called 4chan.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:12:36 PM

Ehh, what? Yahoo is a private company.

LOL! Maybe because people like order.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:13:48 PM
At 2/13/2010 9:11:49 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

"Founder(s) Jerry Yang
David Filo"
(on yahoo article)

"Yahoo! Inc. is an American public corporation" - Wikipedia[1]

"A corporation is an institution that is granted a charter recognizing it as a separate legal entity having its own privileges, and liabilities distinct from those of its members." - Wikipedia[2]

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...!
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org...
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
bringoutyourdead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:15:19 PM

This means war!

Protip: The internet is not a private company.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:15:21 PM
At 2/13/2010 9:13:48 PM, Reasoning wrote:

"Founder(s) Jerry Yang
David Filo"
(on yahoo article)

"A corporation is an institution that is granted a charter recognizing it as a separate legal entity having its own privileges, and liabilities distinct from those of its members." - Wikipedia[2]

It's a publicly owned company, as in people can own stocks and securities in the company. Do you seriously not understand what a public company is?
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:17:04 PM
At 2/13/2010 9:15:19 PM, bringoutyourdead wrote:

This means war!

Protip: The internet is not a private company.

No, actually websites, which make up the internet, are stored on private computers.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:20:23 PM

"Founder(s) Jerry Yang
David Filo"
(on yahoo article)

You like wikis but you evidently don't know how to use them. Click the public and you'll see this:
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah, and so is a marriage. Simply because the state requires that you seek permission to register a marriage in order to act in the manner the contract specifies, does this mean that marriages are illegitimate and any property jointly owned by a married couple can be freely seized?

If not, then why the same for a stockholder? You've said before you don't oppose joint stock companies, just special government rules. Well, joint stock without those rules is essentially not permitted-- or at the very least, taxed at heavy rate. Not a lawyer. But you propose to make the stockholders lose all their property simply because they were a target of a government policy that takes part of its control from them?
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:20:58 PM
At 2/13/2010 9:15:21 PM, Nags wrote:

It's a publicly owned company, as in people can own stocks and securities in the company. Do you seriously not understand what a public company is?

It is a fictional legal entity granted privileges by the government.

"Corporations are creatures of the State, created by it and having two privileges that protect them from market pressures. First, corporate liability for damages to others is automatically limited by fiat; and second, responsibility is shifted away from individuals to a fictional entity. Each of the Cadre assumes full responsibility for his or her actions, though liabilities may be insured." – Merce Rampart, "Chairman of the Revolutionary Agorist Cadre" in Schulman's Alongside Night
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:23:58 PM
At 2/13/2010 9:20:58 PM, Reasoning wrote:
"Corporations are creatures of the State, created by it and having two privileges that protect them from market pressures. First, corporate liability for damages to others is automatically limited by fiat; and second, responsibility is shifted away from individuals to a fictional entity. Each of the Cadre assumes full responsibility for his or her actions, though liabilities may be insured." – Merce Rampart, "Chairman of the Revolutionary Agorist Cadre" in Schulman's Alongside Night

You realize you just quoted a fictional character, right? And you apparently do not realize what that fictional character just said is flat out wrong.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:26:44 PM
At 2/13/2010 9:23:58 PM, Nags wrote:
At 2/13/2010 9:20:58 PM, Reasoning wrote:

You realize you just quoted a fictional character, right? And you apparently do not realize what that fictional character just said is flat out wrong.

Of course. Are we not allowed to quote fictional characters? I have quoted Fancisco's money speech from Atlas Shrugged on other online forums.

Explain how it is wrong.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:31:37 PM
At 2/13/2010 9:26:44 PM, Reasoning wrote:
Of course. Are we not allowed to quote fictional characters? I have quoted Fancisco's money speech from Atlas Shrugged on other online forums.

Protip: Fictional characters tend to not tell the truth.

Explain how it is wrong.

Demanding negative proof? = Fallacy.

Corporations are creatures of the State, created by it

Corporations are not created by the state. Companies obtain a charter from the state that distinguishes it from other entities.

and having two privileges that protect them from market pressures. First, corporate liability for damages to others is automatically limited by fiat

This, makes no sense, at all.

and second, responsibility is shifted away from individuals to a fictional entity. Each of the Cadre assumes full responsibility for his or her actions, though liabilities may be insured.

More nonsense. Absolute crap.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:49:14 PM
While if you are going to quote I am quite happy that you quote d'Anconia, you really ought to try to turn down the quote dial quite a ways.
bringoutyourdead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 10:20:38 PM
At 2/13/2010 9:17:04 PM, FREEDO wrote:
No, actually websites, which make up the internet, are stored on private computers.

Their storage isn't indicative of their public/private status. If its a website, its public. If its a private network/darknet, its private.