Jump to topic:

What should I do?!

Cin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 12:36:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ok, what should I do if the party I'm going to tomorrow night gets busted? D; There will be underage people there, and I'm pretty sure everyone is gonna be drinking or something of the sort. I can't miss out on this opportunity! The senior grad after party is the party of the year!
So if they come do I run?
What if I'm not drinking, will I still get fined?
What if I do drink?
Ahh!!
Food is life, brah
http://www.debate.org...
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 12:47:20 AM
If the "party of the year" is just people losing their sh!t and getting arrested, then I feel like one would be better off not going.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 1:24:14 AM
At 5/31/2014 12:36:15 AM, Cin wrote:
Ok, what should I do if the party I'm going to tomorrow night gets busted? D; There will be underage people there, and I'm pretty sure everyone is gonna be drinking or something of the sort. I can't miss out on this opportunity! The senior grad after party is the party of the year!
What if I do drink?
Ahh!!

Just stay calm if the cops arrive. They'll chase runners, not people casually walking away or staying put because they think you might belong there.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 1:27:54 AM
At 5/31/2014 12:47:20 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
If the "party of the year" is just people losing their sh!t and getting arrested, then I feel like one would be better off not going.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 1:39:27 AM
At 5/31/2014 1:27:54 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 5/31/2014 12:47:20 AM, MassiveDump wrote:

Thirding this.

(And MassiveDump said it, so it must be true).
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 1:45:24 AM
I mean, heck, spending your time on DDO with a bunch of trolls and naives, discussing whether or not Australia actually exists (you're not exactly helping your credibility, MassiveDump), is so much better than partying with seniors.

Err, I'm not really helping my case, am I?

Anyway, my advice is to stay away, but since that's probably unlikely at this point, I'd say this: don't give into peer pressure. I think it's bad enough to feel as though you "have" to attend, but it's even worse to think that you "have" to drink in order to fit in. If for some reason you take it a step further and do drink -- and I really hope you don't, but it's not my place to tell you what you can and can't do -- the best advice I could offer is to make sure you know your limits. That pretty much means avoid any and every drinking game imaginable.

But how to react if police arrive and you were drinking? Darn, I don't have an answer to that because I've never been there since I don't drink lol. I hope it never gets that point.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
NiamC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 4:05:02 AM
What if I do drink?
Ahh!!

Remember kids, what do you do if someone offers you drugs? You say, "is that all!"
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 4:36:26 AM

Going to a house party means you are willing to accept the risk of getting busted.

No one will call the cops on you if you aren't noisy and wake the neighbors up at night. If you no for certain that you will, tell the host of the party to go around the neighborhood personally and explaining to the neighbors that he will be having a party and that he is sorry if they're noisy. If he's polite, the neighbors won't call the cops on you and you won't get busted.

If you have a good chance of getting away, run. If you don't, just be calm. It's not a big deal. They just take you in, and let you out. The biggest problem with this is your parents. But if they know that you are at a house party with alcohol and they're ok with it, you're fine.

I don't think so. But you should drink. There's no point to a party if you don't drink.

What if I do drink?

Then you drink :P

I take it you're new at this. Have you ever drunk alcohol before? If so, you should know your limits. If you throw up, you've exceeded your limits, so don't throw up. You should have like a "sixth sense" as to when you've had enough.

There will probably be other drugs there too. The only drug I'd approve of is marijuana. In fact, if you are given the option of either alcohol or weed, choose weed. It's "healthier" and you don't throw up. DON'T TAKE LSD. I don't think you are prepared for that because you will freak out.

Just have fun!

We don't have many house parties here in Thailand, but when we do, that's how it is. Mostly, when we want to socialize with each other, we go to bars, pubs, or clubs. If you're a foreigner, they don't care if you are under-aged. In fact, they can't even tell.

And if we get busted by the police at a bar or something, we have like this loving community where the people who are of age will stay and make sure the one's not of age get away safely.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 4:41:03 AM
What if I do drink?
Ahh!!

Oh! I almost forgot! Idk if you have these in America (I assumed you do because of movies I watched and because we do too), but prescription drugs like Xanax or Valium are okay, though I don't see why you would want to take them. Xanax makes you kind of high, but you get really sleepy and you fall asleep. Valium is good for taking with alcohol because it triples the effects.

Good luck! Have fun! Stay safe!
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 4:41:17 AM
At 5/31/2014 1:45:24 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:

Anyway, my advice is to stay away, but since that's probably unlikely at this point, I'd say this: don't give into peer pressure. I think it's bad enough to feel as though you "have" to attend, but it's even worse to think that you "have" to drink in order to fit in.

I don't think it's a peer pressure thing for her. I think she just wants to go out of curiosity and excitement, because from stories she's heard, people have lots of fun at these events.
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 4:42:01 AM
At 5/31/2014 4:36:26 AM, Defro wrote:

Going to a house party means you are willing to accept the risk of getting busted.
I would not risk getting in trouble with the law at the age of 14.

No one will call the cops on you if you aren't noisy and wake the neighbors up at night. If you no for certain that you will, tell the host of the party to go around the neighborhood personally and explaining to the neighbors that he will be having a party and that he is sorry if they're noisy. If he's polite, the neighbors won't call the cops on you and you won't get busted.

If you have a good chance of getting away, run. If you don't, just be calm. It's not a big deal. They just take you in, and let you out. The biggest problem with this is your parents. But if they know that you are at a house party with alcohol and they're ok with it, you're fine.
Don't run. Don't go to party. Become a Krit.

I don't think so. But you should drink. There's no point to a party if you don't drink.
NO you SHOULDN'T DRINK. Alcohol tastes like those fluid medicines that you have when you're a lil kid, with harmful effects. Arghhh!

What if I do drink?

Don't drink.

I take it you're new at this. Have you ever drunk alcohol before? If so, you should know your limits. If you throw up, you've exceeded your limits, so don't throw up. You should have like a "sixth sense" as to when you've had enough.

There will probably be other drugs there too. The only drug I'd approve of is marijuana. In fact, if you are given the option of either alcohol or weed, choose weed. It's "healthier" and you don't throw up. DON'T TAKE LSD. I don't think you are prepared for that because you will freak out.
Don't take drugs.

Just have fun!

We don't have many house parties here in Thailand, but when we do, that's how it is. Mostly, when we want to socialize with each other, we go to bars, pubs, or clubs. If you're a foreigner, they don't care if you are under-aged. In fact, they can't even tell.

And if we get busted by the police at a bar or something, we have like this loving community where the people who are of age will stay and make sure the one's not of age get away safely.

I have a way of self regulating myself. Getting in jail in Thailand is hell. The way of regulating myself from getting busted; arm yourself with loads of books.

No Drugs, Alcohol, or anything edgy for me. Forever. Hopefully.

#SayNoToDrugsAndAlcoholAndEdgyThings
#LongestHashtagsEvar
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 4:45:02 AM
At 5/31/2014 4:42:01 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

I have a way of self regulating myself. Getting in jail in Thailand is hell. The way of regulating myself from getting busted; arm yourself with loads of books.

Really? I thought the kids in Bangkok were worse than the kids in Chiang Mai :P

You won't get in jail for underaged drinking. They let you out immediately after a fine (or a bribe). And if you are a foreigner (blonde hair blue eyes), they can't even tell if you're underaged or not.
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 4:46:14 AM
At 5/31/2014 4:45:02 AM, Defro wrote:

You won't get in jail for underaged drinking. They let you out immediately after a fine (or a bribe). And if you are a foreigner (blonde hair blue eyes), they can't even tell if you're underaged or not.

The thing just got personal! Look at me, and look at you. Then re-write that statement.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 4:49:45 AM
At 5/31/2014 4:46:14 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

The thing just got personal! Look at me, and look at you. Then re-write that statement.

Ok ok I'm sorry!

But I'm just saying, going out is pretty fun! And the risk of getting in trouble isn't even big! I have several friends in Bangkok who go out and party. Some of them don't even drink! They just go to socialize or to take care of their drunk friends!
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 4:53:24 AM
At 5/31/2014 4:49:45 AM, Defro wrote:

Ok ok I'm sorry!

But I'm just saying, going out is pretty fun! And the risk of getting in trouble isn't even big! I have several friends in Bangkok who go out and party. Some of them don't even drink! They just go to socialize or to take care of their drunk friends!

LOL no need to be. We are one nation. Not 77 cities.

BTW I am highly-anti social. I'm "weird" Many ppl here love going out on parties, trolling, getting in trouble with the law (well close enuff) and drink. There's prom today. I'm missing it and researching, like a real kool kid.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 4:58:51 AM
At 5/31/2014 4:53:24 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

Ok ok I'm sorry!

BTW I am highly-anti social. I'm "weird" Many ppl here love going out on parties, trolling, getting in trouble with the law (well close enuff) and drink. There's prom today. I'm missing it and researching, like a real kool kid.

lol prom sucks anyway
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 5:00:55 AM
At 5/31/2014 4:58:51 AM, Defro wrote:

Ok ok I'm sorry!

lol prom sucks anyway
Parties suck too.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 5:07:48 AM
At 5/31/2014 5:00:55 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

Ok ok I'm sorry!

lol prom sucks anyway
Parties suck too.

They do. Which is why you get intoxicated or high. Then it's awesome!
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 5:16:18 AM
At 5/31/2014 5:07:48 AM, Defro wrote:
At 5/31/2014 5:00:55 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

Ok ok I'm sorry!

lol prom sucks anyway
Parties suck too.

They do. Which is why you get intoxicated or high. Then it's awesome!

Wait, so I should go to get drunk or high? Nvr
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:33:30 AM
What if I do drink?
Ahh!!

Well, since you are 100, what can happen to you?

But, I was under the impression that you are 14 or 16, which begs the question: why are you going to a senior grad party?
Are they your friends?
If not, why go? Because it is the party. Who cares? Chances are, most won't remember most of the night, and house parties are dumb, and rife with danger.

I'd rather go to smaller, more intimate parties, where I know (or want to know) the people in attendance then some house party with strangers.
My work here is, finally, done.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:48:56 AM
What if I do drink?
Ahh!!
Don't go. Stay here on DDO or read a book...

I would. I've only been to one "big" party with alcohol. I didn't drink but some of my friends did. This guy approached us and tried to get us to dance (if "dancing" wad what could be used to describe what he was doing before and intended to do). I scared the poor guy away. No one approached me for the rest of the night besides my really close friends,XD
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
tbhidc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 12:11:01 PM
What if I do drink?

It depends on what alcohol they're serving. If they got some Elijah Craig whiskey, don't turn that down.

But if they're drinking watery bud lite beer, then don't drink. That's an abuse of one's drinking faculties.

Ahh!!
tbhidc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 12:12:18 PM
On a serious note, if I knew there was a good chance of the party getting busted, I probably wouldn't go, or if I did, I wouldn't drink.

Not because I think underage drinking (in moderation of course) is wrong... just because I wouldn't risk getting caught. It's not worth it.

Maybe a better idea is just to have a quiet party with a few friends, watch a movie, maybe drink a little bit.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 2:46:35 PM
At 5/31/2014 10:33:30 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
What if I do drink?
Ahh!!

Well, since you are 100, what can happen to you?

But, I was under the impression that you are 14 or 16, which begs the question: why are you going to a senior grad party?
Are they your friends?
If not, why go? Because it is the party. Who cares? Chances are, most won't remember most of the night, and house parties are dumb, and rife with danger.

I'd rather go to smaller, more intimate parties, where I know (or want to know) the people in attendance then some house party with strangers.

Ok, THIS is the third thing we agree on.

This needs to stop happening man.
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 5:46:45 PM

And just so you have all the answers...

No.

No.
What if I do drink?

Then natural selection, I guess.
Ahh!!
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 9:48:57 PM
What if I do drink?
Ahh!!

If you must, or really want to go to the party, don't drink, especially since your underage. I won't say that taking drugs is always a bad thing, but you will be doing something illegal, with the only payoff being a short term high that has inevitable long term consequences. That is the major problem with drug addicts - myopia.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2014 12:00:53 PM
At 5/31/2014 12:12:18 PM, tbhidc wrote:

Not because I think underage drinking (in moderation of course) is wrong...

We need to debate that! XD
Crescendo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2014 12:29:46 PM
At 5/31/2014 4:36:26 AM, Defro wrote:

There've been drunk people who choked to death on their own vomit.

What if I do drink?

Just have fun!

My View of the World:

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):