Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 6:45:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Players and their roles:

1. Nags
You are Nags, the College Student.
You are Christian and therefore Mafia. Like every god fearing conservative American, you own a gun, though you possess no particular skill with it.
Pick a major at any time. The sooner the better. No going back on it. Any academic major you care for. I will not advise you on what results from this, but generally people learn something from a major, though it takes a while.

(He chose: Criminal Justice. Died before it could come to any use.)

(Died when assassinating Leafrod, by Leafrod's hand, chose to turn his side to the door he was attempting to enter. Was hidden from the news.)

2. You are The Sterotypical Randian Ubermensch. wjmelements
Your random number gave you the most important role in the game, Mr. Howard Danneskjold. You are a townie. You and you alone know without having to deduce that good people are an extreme minority and if evil didn't squabble among itself you'd all be screwed (that is to say, there are multiple mafias and very few townies). I don't recommend telling anyone of this.

You own lots and lots of guns, and can probably make other varieties of weapons if you deem it necessary. It's no problem at all for you to kill someone and partially investigate someone else once per night. If you identify someone with important skills, you might be able to forgo a killing in favor of getting them to selfishly convert to libertarianism, but even though you'll take precautions, this risks getting caught if you try it on someone without such skills-- especially if they are an intelligent college student. (that is, power roles other than "College student" are vulnerable to you recruiting them if you're willing to take the risk instead of just killing). You may have some ability to fight back if targeted occasionally, but you aren't wholly invincible and if you are lynched you are going to die no matter how hard you fight.

(Not shown to him: Private interactions with the Scientist that cause sufficient information exchange result in being able to put the Scientist's robot to use with a number of suggestions from the moderator. Being targeted by Depressed Slut is an automatic recruit of said slut. Achieving both of these in one game is a double victory. Neither achieved).

(Blown up with a molotov that ournames threw and trapped with a swerve between their two cars, igniting the tanks among other things, after an incredibly stupid role reveal).

3. Jblake
You are Morel, the College Student
You are a centrist (entirely by random number mind you) and therefore mafia.

You seem a bit unusual to your opinianated classmates, though the narrator doesn't now what that means for you.
Pick a major at any time. The sooner the better. No going back on it. Any academic major you care for. I will not advise you on what results from this, but generally people learn something from a major, though it takes a while.
(Note: Centrist college student lacks immunity of other college students to recruiting).

(Recruited by WJMelements to the town).

(Run over in town square by Feverish after having his jaw blown out).

4. Clockwork
You are the Scientist
You are a Robert Robertson, a townie. You have lots of scientific knowledge, and you wish you knew someone who had some idea how to use it. You enjoy adventure novels in which the protagonist cannot make himself publicly known. You have a little messenger robot and you idly daydream that if you ever identify someone like the protagonists from your novels you'll use the messenger to make yourself and your scientific knowledge known for their use. But be careful. If you identify a dunce they'll probably smash the robot in fear, and if you identify someone with ill intentions who knows what they'll do? If any evil faction recruits you you automatically commit suicide, so try not to get recruited by them.

(In other words, can choose to initiate such interactions as mentioned under WJM easily).

(Chloroformed, tied up, unsuccessfully interrogated, and killed at will by Cody Franklin His camera setup publicized the kill).

5. KRFournier
You are Emily
You have left wing ideals, and are therefore mafia. You are possessed of no particular skills, at least as far as the narrator knows.

(Unsuccessfully recruited by Mafia of God, chose NOT to pretend to be recruited, which I thought was f***ing stupid)

(Killed unrelatedly by Wjmelements.)

6. Philosophical
You are Lily Taggins, the Depressed Slut.
You are a centrist and therefore mafia. You should have no particular problem occupying the time of one person per night by going to their house and using your not inconsiderable skills in their boudouir. It's up to you whether you choose to try to charge for the encounters. Depends whether you want money. It's also up to you whether you try to spice things up with a menage a 3 or a sequence, but each has various dangers that I cannot enumerate, so it's not advisable unless you're desperate.

(lynched by rope).

7. WonderWoman
You are Dominique Francon, the Godfather.
You are a centrist, and you kinda sorta maybeish run the mafia. You are immune to investigation, and you get to pick which one of your goons is sent to kill the mafia's target. The choice of target is democratic though.

You really really friggin hate your parents for naming you after an Objectivist protagonist btw.

(was lynched )

8. theLwerd
You are Jane, the Progressive College Student
You subscribe to left wing ideals and are therefore mafia. Pick a major at any time. The sooner the better. No going back on it. Any academic major you care for. I will not advise you on what results from this, but generally people learn something from a major, though it takes a while.

(Unsuccessfully recruited by Wjmelements. He seemed to figure this out despite her attempts to pass it off. No idea how he did).

(Survived the game)

9. Rezzealaux
You are Jake

You subscribe to left wing ideals and are therefore mafia. You are pretty vanilla, no particular skills. At least as far as the narrator knows.

(double victory, due to succeeding in, ahem, obtaining the object of a sudden affection)

(Survived the game)

10. Vi_Veri
You are Latifah
You subscribe to left wing ideals and are therefore mafia. You are possessed of no particular skills, at least as far as the narrator knows.

(Upon further interrogation about her character she found out she owned what was it, a salon?)

(survived the game)

11. Leafrod
You are Cheryl, the College Student
You are a townie, yay liberty.

("Unsuccesfully" recruited by Wjmelements but only because he was a townie.)
(killed by Lwerd)

12. Alex_hanson911
You are Shafeel
You are a centrist and therefore mafia. You have no particular skills, at least as far as the narrator knows.

(shot by Jblake while sent on a joint nightkill with Jblake)

13. Puck
You are Will Plaid, the Usurper.
You are a centrist. You don't really care about the ideals, you just wanna be in charge, but either way, you're mafia. If the godfather should die before you, you win with said mafia and take his place so long as you live. If not, you lose.

(Shot through a window that was located under his dresser, wierd window. Wjmelements I think).

14. mongeese
You are Ted
You are a centrist and therefore mafia. You have no particular skills, at least as far as the narrator knows.

(shot by Lwerd in the square, hidden for a short time due to a lack of people there other than Lwerd and Vi).

15. ournamestoolong
You are Loyats
You are a centrist and therefore mafia. You have no particular abilities, at least as far as the narrator knows.

(Blown to bits by his own
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 6:46:04 PM
molotov trapped between his car and wjm's)

16. GhostWriter
You are James, the Godfather.
You are a liberal and therefore mafia. You are immune to investigation and direct the mafia's target, though which mafia member pulls the trigger is democratically decided.
(one of those replaced by BQP)

(run over by I can't remember)

17. BELLUMQUODPACIS
You are Sousuke, the Survivor.
You lack alignment, for the moment anyway. You could probably fight reasonably well, every other night or so, if you had a cause, but no one has managed to convince you to have one yet. You seek to live without the responsibility of consciousness. Can you? Your victory condition is to be alive at the end of the game, at the moment anyway.

(Felt the wrath of mah lightning for being a b****)

18. SportsGuru
You are O'Kennedy, the Suicide Bomber
Roughly what it says on the tin. Any time, day or night, you can grab your nearest explosive, by pm if it's at night or by post if it's in the day (the explosion will be bigger at night as it lacks a need to conceal the explosives), strap it up, target someone, and blow yourself up. There may be collateral damage.

You are a Christian and therefore mafia. Like every god-fearing conservative american, you own a gun.

(used fire to get the grenades off his belt, unknown to him melting most of them into locking into place).

(last one killed, in town square via gun-- Lwerd's or Vi's)

19. feverish
You are Braman

(Shot in hospital by Lwerd and/or Vi after incapacitation in square)

20. crackofdawn_jr
You are Jeremy, the Firey Preacher.
You are a Christian and therefore mafia. Once every other night or so (it's healthy to get some sleep in a demanding profession) you can go to someone's house and preach to them. This should probably recruit them to your cause.

Careful, stay out of sexual temptation, because any scandals for you would be career ending.

Like every god-fearing conservative American, you own a gun.

(Killed with blows to the head I think by Vi and Rezz)

21. ToastOfDestiny
You are Gon Orcure, the annoying pacifist.
You are a centrist, and therefore MAFIA. You can choose to make rounds at someone's house, around once a night or so is probably safest. You practice holistic medicine, so I'm sure they'll appreciate it if you should happen to find someone in trouble. Your ethics, or whatever sad semblance of them you have, prevent you from being used to kill anyone by your mafia.

(died in hospital protecting Feverish, by way of a blunt object swung so well it shattered the back of his skull and shoved a bone spike through his brain).

22. Mongoose
You are Eddie Willers.
You are a townie who is supposedly competent, but I have no idea at what.
(killed by Feverish)

23. pcmbrown
You are Rosey Red, the Expropriator.
You subscribe to left wing ideals, and are therefore mafia. You can target almost anyone with a power and steal it up to once per night. They will be imprisoned (silenced and unable to do anything other than let you use their role) as long as you have it. You'd best have a plan for disposing of them afterward though, because the cell only has room for one and they know exactly what you did to them and who did it to them if they survive after you put someone else in it. A nationalization will be announced in the media each day phase after a night in which you use your power.

(Did not even vaguely attempt to use role I was afraid would be imba).

(Was shot by I-am-a-Panda who was trying to assassinate WJM, while himself en route to assassinate WJM.)

24. I-Am-A-Panda
You are Yogi

( I believe Feverish shot him)

25. Chrysippus

You are Mikhael Morton, the Propagandist.

You subscribe to left wing ideals and are therefore mafia.

You can target any other mafia each night to solidify their idealism and prevent any encroachments upon it.

(records are very lacking as to who shot chrysippus, anyone remember?)

Initial setup summary (just copypastaed what I outlined after rolling the dice, not all the nuances were in place yet) (also opening messages to mafia):

townies

Libertarian Ubermensch: Wjmelements Can kill one player per night, limitedly investigate one per night and attempt to recruit one mafia with power role (risks identification within 2 nights if guesses wrong), knows town is minority and there are multiple mafias, has resistance to up to 5 nightkills and has 20% chance of responding to nightkill with killing.
Mostly Apolitical Scientist: Clockwork. Can signal status to hero if identifies hero, knows there is a hero but nothing more, will double hero's killing power upon doing so or risk notification if messages wrongly
Eddie Willers: Mongoose
College Student: Leafrod

Left 7 players:
Hello, and welcome. I would have just called y'all the dirty stinkin liberals, but wth, random numbers made this mafia nearly 30 percent lesbian.

Ghostwriter is your godfather. Each night phase you decide which one of you is assassin by majority vote. The nightly mafia kill isn't a lot of effort, but there are other risks.

The kill target is decided by Ghostwriter's fiat unless she relinquishes this.

Enjoy trying to get tax rates to 110%!

Morton : Chrysippus Can target any leftist to eliminate their chances of recruitability for the night
Rosey: Pcmbrown Can steal power of almost anyone, such person will know it is stolen and by whom and shall be silent until someone else is stolen. A nationalization will be announced in the story.
Lwerd: College Student
Rezzeleaux
Ghostwriter: Godfather
Vi_veri
KrFournier

Center 10:

You silly fools, all huddled together, following one anothers words, each trying to be more moderate than the other, trying to live without the responsbility of consciousness.

Good luck. Your nightly target is decided democratically. Your godfather Wonderwoman decides who will be your assassin each night. It's not a difficult task but it has its dangers. Your guns are collectively owned. Somehow.

Lily: Philosophical Roleblocker, is only a centrist until she falls in love with one of her customers.
Annoying pacifist:Toast of Destiny Doctor.
Usurper: Puck.
Wonderwoman- Godfather
Feverish
Jblake- College Student
I-Am-A-Panda
Mongeese
Ournamestoolong
Alex_Hanson911

Right 4:

Don't you just hate abortions and fun and atheists? Yes. You do. Now go hump a bible, er, kill your enemies.

Cody is your godfather, he decides nightly your kill target and who does the assassinating. This is not high on effort but it does have its dangers.

You all own guns, and bibles. In fact, lots of both.

Suicide bomberSportsguru: Can blow up someone, may have collateral damage.
Firey preacher Crackofdawnjr.: Can recruit once every other night, will be roleblocked permanently and publicly exposed if roleblocked
Nags- College Student
Cody_Franklin- Godfather

Bellumquodpacis: Survivor
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 6:46:13 PM
Any questions?
bringoutyourdead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 7:20:06 PM
Incoming Sh*tstorm of questions

1. Name of Nags Character

2. How long did it take for Nags to "learn" his skill?

3. Did he learn it immediately?

4. How much money did he start with?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 7:33:51 PM
At 2/14/2010 7:00:47 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
You didn't talk about my role like you did everyone else's...... :'(

Oh right. Sorry, I was going off a list, and you hadn't signed when I wrote the list I was going off of.
26: Cody_franklin
You are Leon, the Godfather
You are Christian and therefore Mafia. You are immune to investigation. You also direct both the mafia's target and which mafia does the shooting each night.

Like all God-fearing conservative Americans, you possess a gun, though you possess no particular skill with it (none of your compatriots does either on the one hand-- on the other hand, it doesn't take too much particular skill to carry out the standard mafia shooting).

(Lynched I believe second day phase after clockwork's robot revealed his deeds).

1. Name of Nags Character
"er wait, your characters name is Tilly. Mixed up there for a sec sorry."

2. How long did it take for Nags to "learn" his skill?
He never lived to find out. He never learned it.

4. How much money did he start with?
Since he never bothered to buy anything or check his wallet, I never bothered to decide

6. Why was Nag's death hidden from the news
The newspeople weren't in Leafrod's bathtub.

7. Why did he lose the fight? Was it a gun battle? etc.
He was knocking on Leafrod's door and announcing himself (wierd strategy for an assassination),and he suddenly turned around to look for another entrance just as Leaf opened the door. Shot to back or side or something.

8. What day Phase did Nags Die?
I'm kinda guessing here, but night phase 3?
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 7:50:18 PM
4 townies, and that many mafia? How can every mafia have as many or more people that the townies? We had no chance.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 7:53:47 PM
I blew the hell out of Nags (not in that way) and then put him in my bathtub.

Anyway, with four town members we didn't have a chance, especially because wjmelements' role was just not very believable. Also he went about his dealings with me in a crazily odd manner.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 7:53:59 PM
At 2/14/2010 7:50:18 PM, mongoose wrote:
4 townies, and that many mafia? How can every mafia have as many or more people that the townies? We had no chance.

Read wjm's role.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 8:09:32 PM
This is so victory I cannot even begin to tell. I had the two people I was surest about innocence in one message. They also happened to be the ONLY real townies. This is the beginning part of the message.

1315 51618 2512 »
Between Ragnar_Rahl, mongoose, LeafRod and You
Friday, December 04, 2009 @ 9:25:10 PM
Posted by:
Ragnar_Rahl
Ragnar_Rahl
20-year old male in Seattle, Washington, United States.
Debates: 135
Wins: 60.47%
Percentile: 99th
Ideology: Libertarian
Party: Undecided
Online: Right Now
Ragnar_Rahl

Have fun with your little threesome.
Friday, December 04, 2009 @ 9:26:52 PM
Posted by:
wjmelements
wjmelements
16-year old male in Spring, Texas, United States.
Debates: 98
Wins: 76.84%
wjmelements

We are the phone masons group. We are a group of confrimed, unarmed citizens.

Our goal is to unite the opposition to the 2 to 4 mafias out to get us.
Friday, December 04, 2009 @ 9:29:38 PM
Posted by:
wjmelements
wjmelements
wjmelements

Armed, not unarmed.

First, roles.
I am the ubermensch, Howard Danneskjold. I can investigate the background of one player per night. I can also recruit or kill another player.
NP1: Investigate Puck: Suspicious campaign contributions. Recruit JBlake: Successful.
NP2: Investigate WW: Nothing found. Kill Puck: Successful.
Friday, December 04, 2009 @ 9:33:16 PM
Posted by:
wjmelements
wjmelements
wjmelements

Our member list so far:
1. wjmelements-Ubermensch
2. LeafRod
3. mongoose

Our to-recruit list so far:
1. JBlake
2. theLwerd
We will recruit others, but we will not engage in recruitment until we establish a recruitment protocol.

Our hit list so far:
Add anyone that seems suspicious. Names are removed upon role claiming.
1. Wonderwoman
2. Vi_Veri
3. mongeese
4. GhostWriter
5. Chysippus
6. feverish
7. crackofdawn_jr
I want to kill at least 2 today. We'll kill 4 tomorrow. All kills will be hidden, secret. All bodies must be properly disposed of.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 8:11:45 PM
At 2/14/2010 8:09:32 PM, wjmelements wrote:
They also happened to be the ONLY real townies.

Correction: Clockwork was a townie too.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 8:25:35 PM
Question: After I came up Libertarian, why didn't everyone kill theLwerd? I had said that my attempt to recruit her had failed, and the revealing of my allegiance sealed that I had been telling the truth.

Question: Leafod, who all were you sniping at?

Question: Lwerd and Vi, what all happened in the "hospital" episode? Did yall kill them while they were weak like you should have?

Question: Lwerd, what was that claim about on DP3 about your having talked to someone and heard something fishy?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 8:41:09 PM
At 2/14/2010 7:50:18 PM, mongoose wrote:

What Puck said.

You doucher, give me credit—I killed Panda.
Come to think of it that makes much more sense.

Anyway, with four town members we didn't have a chance, especially because wjmelements' role was just not very believable.
It wasn't supposed to be believable. Claiming it was a terrible idea.

Question: After I came up Libertarian, why didn't everyone kill theLwerd? I had said that my attempt to recruit her had failed, and the revealing of my allegiance sealed that I had been telling the truth.
Because you were telling the truth about being an overpowered townie-- and THEY WERE MOSTLY MAFIA?

You don't walk into a Pro-Ana group and claim to be a fast food salesman with mind control.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 8:57:08 PM
Victors: The Maddow Mafia:

Chrysippus, pcmbrown, theLwerd, Rezzealaux*, GhostWriter**, Vi_Veri, KRFournier

*Double victory

**Replaced by BellumQuodPacis later in the game, so I guess he gets the win too?
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2010 12:14:05 AM
I never actually sniped anyone, partially due to the fact that it was just a huge pain in this game. I also had ridiculously bad RNG luck as it seems I kept having to shoot people 50 times before they'd die or even get hit. At the end when I found wjmelements's and ournamestoolong's bodies I was looking for wjmelements anyway, so if we found each other we would have had a much better chance, I think. Unfortunately he died first.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2010 11:47:19 AM
I didn't kill panda, he was on my team.

I did kill Chryssipus, as well as JBlake (TRAITOR!) and Mongoose and I KOd Cody in the town square, leading to his lynch.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2010 12:27:30 PM
At 2/14/2010 8:25:35 PM, wjmelements wrote:

... because I'm the bomb at this game. Lol really though, this game was not like other mafia games where you could just "lynch" someone anyway. If they had tried to lynch me, I would have just run away or killed them. Remember I had a whole mafia team who could help me get away with this, so really, it doesn't matter. I'd say a huge majority of kills came NOT from lynches. They were hard to implement. Also, wjm, nobody cared because they were all mafia too of some kind.

Question: Leafod, who all were you sniping at?

Question: Lwerd and Vi, what all happened in the "hospital" episode? Did yall kill them while they were weak like you should have?

I don't think it was me in the hospital with Vi - I think it was Rezz. I can't be sure. I was at the hospital in the beginning of the game (following Toast I think?) but I don't remember. I know at one point I had an opportunity to shoot someone there but I didn't, because I didn't know who it was... Or something.

Question: Lwerd, what was that claim about on DP3 about your having talked to someone and heard something fishy?

Bellum was the first person to PM me and started saying all kinds of weird stuff (about him being the vigilante). I didn't believe a word of it. I may have been referring to his PM, or, most likely I just made all of that up. I'm pretty sure it was the latter.
President of DDO
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2010 1:37:15 PM
At 2/14/2010 8:57:08 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Victors: The Maddow Mafia:

Chrysippus, pcmbrown, theLwerd, Rezzealaux*, GhostWriter**, Vi_Veri, KRFournier

*Double victory

**Replaced by BellumQuodPacis later in the game, so I guess he gets the win too?

YIPEE!!!
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2010 6:26:20 PM
At 2/15/2010 6:22:13 PM, LeafRod wrote:
Wait, why did Rezzealaux get a double victory?

(double victory, due to succeeding in, ahem, obtaining the object of a sudden affection)