Romanii's List of DDO Pet Peeves!

Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 12:30:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Yes, I'm copying dtaylor971...

1) When people reply to my forum posts just to say "lol", "-_-", "O_o", "XD", or something along those lines

2) When noobs start debates and don't make it clear whether first round is for acceptance or for actual arguments (and then get mad when you pick the wrong one)

3) Noobs who but "I believe X" or "Do you believe X ?" as their resolution headings

4) Resolution snipers

5) When people talk about how much DDO is dying, even though at any given point in time, you can easily find 10 ongoing/recently finished high-quality debates just by browsing a few prominent member profiles

6) When members who haven't been online for months are still junking up the leaderboards

7) When I beat a pretty good debater and get about 20 elo points for it

8) When someone votes, leaves a 2 sentence RFD, and it doesn't get deleted because they technically followed voting guide lines

9) Looking over my lost debates and knowing that I should have won some of them

10) When I revise a post twice before posting and notice a spelling/grammar error after looking at the now-posted post.

more to come if I think of any...
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 12:52:51 PM
At 6/7/2014 12:30:32 PM, Romanii wrote:

1) When people reply to my forum posts just to say "lol", "-_-", "O_o", "XD", or something along those lines

2) When noobs start debates and don't make it clear whether first round is for acceptance or for actual arguments (and then get mad when you pick the wrong one)

3) Noobs who but "I believe X" or "Do you believe X ?" as their resolution headings

4) Resolution snipers

5) When people talk about how much DDO is dying, even though at any given point in time, you can easily find 10 ongoing/recently finished high-quality debates just by browsing a few prominent member profiles

6) When members who haven't been online for months are still junking up the leaderboards

8) When someone votes, leaves a 2 sentence RFD, and it doesn't get deleted because they technically followed voting guide lines

10) When I revise a post twice before posting and notice a spelling/grammar error after looking at the now-posted post.

Lol -_-
Ajab
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 2:33:11 PM

4) Resolution snipers

poop:
#StandWithBossy
#Addison/Blade-of-Truth: I slapped a girl on the arse once with a piece of uncooked chicken, things got weird.
You threw it away, right? -Ajab
Oh lord did you eat it?
...maybe!
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 4:13:40 PM
At 6/7/2014 2:39:18 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
Is this like your diary of debates, except instead of debates, you post things you hate?

Lol I probably should have just posted this there...
Crescendo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 4:23:50 PM

4) Resolution snipers

DDO ES DUMED!!!!!!!!!!!! nac
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
Fanath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 4:38:21 PM

4) Resolution snipers

Lol
Dude... Stop...
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 7:18:57 PM
At 6/7/2014 4:13:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/7/2014 2:39:18 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
Is this like your diary of debates, except instead of debates, you post things you hate?

Lol I probably should have just posted this there...

Nah, theyre different topics, kinda, so it doesn't matter lol
I may or may not be a cat
Zeroskye
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 7:38:02 PM
When your opponent waits it out and has the website forfeit for him/her, instead of just posting an argument that states they concede.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 7:45:52 PM

"lol", "-_-", "O_o", "XD", or something along those lines

P

lol... Yup, that is bad...

XD

4) Resolution snipers
*cough* hmm... who're we talking about here??? ... *cough*

*nods*

I don't see the problem here.

ELO is ELO... It's not a great judge of the greatness of a debater all the time.

It's not the length that counts though... Someone could cum up what they want to say about a debate in a few words.

You're romanii... We ALL know you should win almost all. :P

Yup. Sometimes I just leave it there for people to laugh, like above.

How about when someone *cough* Kc- *cough* knows they're gonna lose so they conveniently can't finish the debate, that you put so much time into, and ask people not to vote...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 8:20:43 PM
You should think of this place for what it is "An entertainment site" in the end, none of this matters. Trust me on this. But I understand pet peeve's also, They bug me too.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 8:28:41 PM
At 6/7/2014 7:38:02 PM, Zeroskye wrote:
When your opponent waits it out and has the website forfeit for him/her, instead of just posting an argument that states they concede.

Lol, who cares? You're going to win anyway. Don't be so impatient.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 7:49:45 AM

lol

-_-

-_-

4) Resolution snipers

lol

Ok, I'm with you on this completely. I get tired of hearing about DDO's death, and how bad things are now, blah blah blah... it's pointless to even say it, and even if it is a problem, no one who makes those threads ever offers a solution. They just want to whine, and it gets old fast.

Or, how about when noobs, the ignorant and younger members only look at ELO for skill, and a growing percentage of members on the leaderboard only have high ELOs for junk/troll debates? That get's frustrating.

Meh.

Sometimes a two sentence RFD is sufficient. Just because the RFD is short doesn't mean that the judge didn't know what they were doing. Though, in many cases, there are bad RFD's both short and long. Even one of the best debaters on this site, who frequently leaves long RFDs, is consistently one of the worst judges I have ever seen -both on DDO and IRL. The point is that the picture is more complicated than what you think it is.

Yup.

I don't edit, really, anything I post on DDO. I just don't care enough...
Tsar of DDO
MysticEgg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2014 12:38:14 PM

4) Resolution snipers

Those last three points make my blood boil... 'Tis true! I completely agree, of course.
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2014 4:05:16 PM

lol! XD

haha lol

interesting...
4) Resolution snipers

haha

wow lol

eeyup...

that's a shame

wow

touche, touche

wow lolz...that's a shame
Equestrian election

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2014 4:29:33 PM
At 6/19/2014 4:27:09 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

You set yourself up ...

Yes, yes I did -.-
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 2:08:24 AM

4) Resolution snipers

11) IAAA.

Fixed the list for you :)