Jump to topic:

I'm curious...

eliurns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 3:34:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
do Americans really doubt the existence of Australia? And if so, how many people do you think are of that opinion?
Unfortunately I'm not living in the US, though it's my dream to immigrate there, so I can't experience for myself. Tell me about what your notion on this.
Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany!
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 7:08:31 PM
At 6/11/2014 3:34:41 PM, eliurns wrote:
do Americans really doubt the existence of Australia? And if so, how many people do you think are of that opinion?
Unfortunately I'm not living in the US, though it's my dream to immigrate there, so I can't experience for myself. Tell me about what your notion on this.

What's Australia? Is that like Atlantis?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 7:27:17 PM
do Americans really doubt the existence of Australia?

Only a handful of Americans doubt the existence of Australia. It just happens that those people hang out here on DDO. Personally, I've yet to see any valid evidence of Australia's existence.

And if so, how many people do you think are of that opinion?

Out of the total American population? Probably around 15%, and those people are either highly intelligent or ridiculously retarded.

Germany is beautiful. I spent my summer there when I was 16, and would love to visit again someday. I have some family there and absolutely loved the scenery while driving across the country. There are equally beautiful areas in America, and plenty of opportunity once you have, at-least, a college degree. I wouldn't decide to make the move official until you've spent some time exploring America - perhaps on a travel visa. If you happen to find a place where you believe there is opportunity for you, I would say go for it!

You're welcome, greetings from sunny South Florida :)
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 7:30:41 PM

I've personally met people from Australia... I'm American and believe Australia exists. So not all Americans doubt it's existence. But that's absurd for Americans to question of Australia that's like asking if Americans exist. ... -_- very ignorant if I may be so bluntly inclined to say...
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 7:32:46 PM

Lol...it's just a joke. Everyone in their right mind believes in Australia's existence...however, some people just debate about it because they find it amusing, NOT because they genuinely believe Australia doesn't exist.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 7:35:48 PM
At 6/11/2014 7:32:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Lol...it's just a joke. Everyone in their right mind believes in Australia's existence...however, some people just debate about it because they find it amusing, NOT because they genuinely believe Australia doesn't exist.

Your a heretic. Committing blasphemy to the Lutheran church. We have convened, and have decided to excommunicate you for going against our teachings.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 7:37:06 PM
At 6/11/2014 7:35:48 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

Your a heretic. Committing blasphemy to the Lutheran church. We have convened, and have decided to excommunicate you for going against our teachings.

As it happens I'm Catholic, so...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 7:53:09 PM
At 6/11/2014 7:37:06 PM, bsh1 wrote:

As it happens, I am not a part of the Lutheran denomination, nor is it organized.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 7:55:14 PM
At 6/11/2014 7:53:09 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/11/2014 7:37:06 PM, bsh1 wrote:

As it happens, I am not a part of the Lutheran denomination, nor is it organized.

They have lose, optional confederations and conferences, but no significan organization. Yet, it's still fair to call them the Lutheran Church, since "church" implies the community of Lutherans.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 8:06:53 PM
At 6/11/2014 7:27:17 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Only a handful of Americans doubt the existence of Australia. It just happens that those people hang out here on DDO. Personally, I've yet to see any valid evidence of Australia's existence.
It's a blank space on the map that mapmakers thought was kind of empty, and didnt want to make it feel left out, so they created this imaginary piece of land called "Australia" to allow the maps to be more even and less empty ^_^

Out of the total American population? Probably around 15%, and those people are either highly intelligent or ridiculously retarded.
Triple that statistic, an it would be more accurate.... Not so much ridiculously retarded as highly delusional, however, i am of the first group of people, of course ;P

Germany is beautiful. I spent my summer there when I was 16, and would love to visit again someday. I have some family there and absolutely loved the scenery while driving across the country. There are equally beautiful areas in America, and plenty of opportunity once you have, at-least, a college degree. I wouldn't decide to make the move official until you've spent some time exploring America - perhaps on a travel visa. If you happen to find a place where you believe there is opportunity for you, I would say go for it!

Why is it that everyone lives somewhere beautiful except me???? -_-
I may or may not be a cat
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 8:31:24 PM
At 6/11/2014 8:06:53 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

I live in Maryland...it's nice, but...humid. It's also currently raining and on tornado watch.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 8:38:09 PM

I'm inclined to think my debate with Mikal is what sparked this Australia skepticism, so I think it's best if I respond to this.

I think it's a bit of a generalization to say that "Americans" doubt the existence of Australia. Heck, many Americans believe in the literal existence of angels.

Here's the argument for Australia. I warn you that this is a probing epistemological case:

P1: If I haven't seen it, it's possible that it doesn't exist.
P2: I haven't seen it.
C1: It's possible that it doesn't exist.
P3: If I haven't seen Australia, it's possible that it doesn't exist.
P4: I haven't seen Australia.
C2: It's possible that it doesn't exist.

There, disproved, mate. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go wrestle an alligator.
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 8:39:17 PM
At 6/11/2014 8:31:24 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I live in Maryland...it's nice, but...humid. It's also currently raining and on tornado watch.

Lol i know the feeling, mississippi is always hot and humid and mud and stuff everywhere... It was all sunshine and ice cream and death hot a few days ago, and now it won't stop storming where i live lol i literally could barely get out of bed yesterday cuz the rain was making me so sleepy....
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 8:42:15 PM
At 6/11/2014 8:39:17 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

Lol i know the feeling, mississippi is always hot and humid and mud and stuff everywhere... It was all sunshine and ice cream and death hot a few days ago, and now it won't stop storming where i live lol i literally could barely get out of bed yesterday cuz the rain was making me so sleepy....

You live in Mississippi? You have my sympathies...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 8:45:12 PM
At 6/11/2014 8:42:15 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Ikr.... So many racist and sexist and overly opinionated people an bible thumpers and discriminators and PEOPLE I WOULD LIKE TO USE CHAINSAWS AND BLENDERS ON!!!!!!!!

If this were mafia, i would definitely be a suicide bomber, just to save the rest of America from its pain and torment. Since its not, i guess slapping myself with a wet noodle will have to suffice....
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 8:46:37 PM
At 6/11/2014 8:45:12 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

Ikr.... So many racist and sexist and overly opinionated people an bible thumpers and discriminators and PEOPLE I WOULD LIKE TO USE CHAINSAWS AND BLENDERS ON!!!!!!!!

Well, they DO have a right to life, even if we vehemently disagree with their opinions. Even the worst bigot doesn't deserve death simply because they're bigots.

If this were mafia, i would definitely be a suicide bomber, just to save the rest of America from its pain and torment. Since its not, i guess slapping myself with a wet noodle will have to suffice....

Lol...This had so much win in it.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 8:49:08 PM
At 6/11/2014 8:46:37 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Well, they DO have a right to life, even if we vehemently disagree with their opinions. Even the worst bigot doesn't deserve death simply because they're bigots.
Who mentioned anything about death? Ohhh... *creepy smile* i would *definitely* leave them alive to feel the pain ;)

Lol...This had so much win in it.
^_^ your suggestion ;P
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 8:59:25 PM
At 6/11/2014 8:49:08 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

Who mentioned anything about death? Ohhh... *creepy smile* i would *definitely* leave them alive to feel the pain ;)

Angel, sadism is not a virtue.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 8:59:46 PM
At 6/11/2014 8:59:25 PM, bsh1 wrote:

@Angel - you should totally sig that.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 9:01:53 PM

Lol you forget which angel you're speaking to ;P
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 9:02:24 PM
At 6/11/2014 9:01:53 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

Angel of DEATH. Why let them live then?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 9:04:44 PM
At 6/11/2014 9:02:24 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Lol hmmm... Maybe I'll kill them off after I've gotten abs from laughing at their pain :D
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 9:06:11 PM
At 6/11/2014 9:04:44 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

Lol hmmm... Maybe I'll kill them off after I've gotten abs from laughing at their pain :D

That's mah babe
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 9:08:08 PM
At 6/11/2014 9:06:11 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

That's mah babe

Wanna join? We'll both get like, 58-packs by the time we're done with the entire population of Mississippi lol XD
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 9:08:49 PM
At 6/11/2014 9:08:08 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

That's mah babe

Wanna join? We'll both get like, 58-packs by the time we're done with the entire population of Mississippi lol XD

Of coke or sprite?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 9:10:18 PM
At 6/11/2014 9:08:49 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/11/2014 9:08:08 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

That's mah babe

Of coke or sprite?

Of abs.... And then we can get whatever to shrink down to normal human bodies if you want ;P
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 9:23:13 PM

My mind hurts...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 9:32:35 PM
At 6/11/2014 7:27:17 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

It's a blank space on the map that mapmakers thought was kind of empty, and didnt want to make it feel left out, so they created this imaginary piece of land called "Australia" to allow the maps to be more even and less empty ^_^

Triple that statistic, an it would be more accurate.... Not so much ridiculously retarded as highly delusional, however, i am of the first group of people, of course ;P

Have you noticed how maps are flat, but the illuminati, is trying to get you to believe, the Earth is round.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 9:45:04 PM

Have yet to see any evidence and I firmly believe in Russell's teapot.

What the hell is that and what evidence do you have for it?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 10:02:35 PM

Lol...it's just a joke.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...