Jump to topic:

Wolff's Vote Forum

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2014 10:05:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm getting sick of PM'ing people when a debate needs voting. I think I'll just put debates here, and see if anyone takes the bait.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2014 12:49:54 PM
Voted in most of these.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 3:00:32 PM
At 6/19/2014 3:16:10 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

I voted in several of yours. Please vote in mine. http://www.debate.org...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 1:21:56 PM
Stop. Please, just stop. There is an unvoted debates forum for a reason. And please, for the sake of us all, just PM someone if you need a vote. I know Whiteflame and Phantom have been trying to get some votes in.
Nolite Timere
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 1:28:10 PM
At 7/3/2014 1:21:56 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Stop. Please, just stop. There is an unvoted debates forum for a reason. And please, for the sake of us all, just PM someone if you need a vote. I know Whiteflame and Phantom have been trying to get some votes in.

First of all, this complaint is entirely irrelavant. A number of people have told me they voted on my debates through this forum, and the reason I created this, is because it is substantially preferable to the no votes forum. Most of these debates had votes, which makes it ineligible for the unvoted debates forum. If people wish to cast a vote through here, then it's fine. The mods are surely well aware of the existence of this forum, and frankly, I don't believe in PM'ing people to vote on debates. Unfortunately, I do anyways just so people will cast a vote. That is just how it is.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 9:36:09 PM
At 7/3/2014 1:28:10 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/3/2014 1:21:56 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

First of all, this complaint is entirely irrelavant.

I don't see how, there are several ways to get a vote on your debate, and making a forum dedicated to posting your unvoted debates has got to be one of the worst. It adds no intellectual discussion and clutters the forums. The unvoted debate forum exists exactly so people won't clutter up the forums asking people to vote on their debates. If everyone made a forum to advertise their debates then the forums would go to Hell, but people don't do that because they don't want the forums to be cluttered and they use the unvoted debates forum. What makes you think you are so special that you think you can make your own personal "vote on my debate" forum?
Nolite Timere
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 9:38:23 PM
At 7/3/2014 9:36:09 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
We will agree to disagree. As long as people keep voting, I will keep posting my debates here. Your only contention has been "Why don't we all get a vote forum? Why are you special?". Maybe I'm not. Everyone can make a vote forum for all I care. This only works as long as everyone's not doing it, and I'm the only one willing to do it. So I benefit. Kind of like capitalism. Everyone can do what you do, but only one comes off with the dough.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 9:41:14 PM
At 7/3/2014 9:38:23 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/3/2014 9:36:09 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
We will agree to disagree. As long as people keep voting, I will keep posting my debates here.

This isn't a matter of agree or disagree. I am telling you that this forum is poor conduct and should be removed. Bladerunner has already promised no debate will go without a vote, so shoot him or Whiteflame a PM if your debates need any votes.

Your only contention has been "Why don't we all get a vote forum? Why are you special?". Maybe I'm not. Everyone can make a vote forum for all I care.

I'm sure everyone would love to have their own vote forum, but we don't make them so that forums will have intellectual topics and because the unvoted debates forum exists exactly for such a matter.
Nolite Timere
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 9:42:42 PM
At 7/3/2014 9:41:14 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
The mod knows about it. The mod can delete it. It's bad conduct to police the Miscellaneous section. And it's false about blade. Already seen several tied debates.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 9:43:57 PM
At 7/3/2014 9:42:42 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/3/2014 9:41:14 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
The mod knows about it. The mod can delete it. It's bad conduct to police the Miscellaneous section. And it's false about blade. Already seen several tied debates.

Actually I decided I don't really care since this is at least in the misc forum.
Nolite Timere