Jump to topic:

Drawing stength from rage

alkir2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 9:15:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I wonder if it is normal to draw strength and power from rage and anger? I, personally, become really stronger, when someone enrages me. Is it OK? Or does it bring me nearer to the "Dark Side", as in Star Wars? =)
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 10:50:37 AM
At 6/17/2014 9:15:35 AM, alkir2 wrote:
I wonder if it is normal to draw strength and power from rage and anger? I, personally, become really stronger, when someone enrages me. Is it OK? Or does it bring me nearer to the "Dark Side", as in Star Wars? =)

I've always thought that it's better to be in a state of calmness or happiness. Whenever I get angry, I don't enjoy the feeling and it leaves me in a bad state.

Passion is good. It gives motivation. Negative emotions, not so much.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 11:13:28 AM

Not entirely certain I am sure what you mean.

Usually if I am angry, I have increased adrenaline. Physically I am sure I am stronger.
For motivation it can be useful. Usually though when I use anger as a motivation I am trying to do something to make me not angry. When I am upset I like to exercise and then usually my anger subsides and I feel very relaxed.

On a mental level, I am quite confident I am much weaker when I am angry. My attention span and patience are pretty much non existent.
alkir2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 11:44:40 PM
Aha... Good, that's what I thought, you would say... Physically stronger, mentally weaker...
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 7:46:28 PM

Your rage will weaken you over time and yes, you will go to the dark side..Don't do it, it's very dangerous for you. I'm so serious right now, don't do it. Choose Love and God and happiness, but never resort to anger and rage because they will pollute you.