Jump to topic:

Summer Solstice

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 2:22:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
For those in the northern hemisphere the day with the longest amount of day light is soon to be upon us.

If you have not previously celebrated summer solstice you are probably are not from the northern reaches of the world where it is greatly appreciated, especially when 6 months prior it was mostly dark. Now is the time to put this on your calendar as an official celebration and give a cheer.

It is on Saturday this year so I am going to:

1. Grab a good beer, go in my back yard with the dogs and as the sun sets give thanks to all my friends, family, and DDO'ers.

How will you celebrate?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 4:37:09 PM
At 6/17/2014 2:22:52 PM, slo1 wrote:
For those in the northern hemisphere the day with the longest amount of day light is soon to be upon us.

If you have not previously celebrated summer solstice you are probably are not from the northern reaches of the world where it is greatly appreciated, especially when 6 months prior it was mostly dark. Now is the time to put this on your calendar as an official celebration and give a cheer.

1. Grab a good beer, go in my back yard with the dogs and as the sun sets give thanks to all my friends, family, and DDO'ers.

How will you celebrate?

I like celebrating with Beer also. Since this is summer solstice as I've been told. I think I'll have even more beer than I planned to already.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 5:39:59 PM
At 6/17/2014 2:22:52 PM, slo1 wrote:

How will you celebrate?

The beach shall be mine.