two emotions

Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2010 12:22:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I disagree with th following theory.

All emotions are really derived from two core emotions. Those two core emotions of which all other emotions trickle down from are fear and love.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2010 12:33:26 PM
I agree with that. Most will probably reject it on the basis of a romantic definition of love. Fear, well that is the root emotion of most, if not, all negative emotions.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2010 12:37:14 PM
At 2/18/2010 12:33:26 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I agree with that. Most will probably reject it on the basis of a romantic definition of love. Fear, well that is the root emotion of most, if not, all negative emotions.

Hate can be seperate from fear
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2010 12:52:02 PM
Hmm...I think the obvious flaw is that there are emotions that cannot be clearly attributed to either fear or love. Boredom? Frustration?

Plus, if all emotions are linked together, all the way back to fear and love, why say they are are derived from those particular two? You could start from any emotion and claim that they all trace back to that one somehow. It seems arbitrary.