Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Making "the lunge"

brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 7:31:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
On one hand, if you delay, you might miss your chance altogether and give the young lady you are with the impression that you are either not interested in her as a woman or, worse still, that you are an uphill-gardener and you are not interested in women at all.

On the other hand, if you are too keen and you make "the lunge" too early you might give her the impression that you are some sort of frothing sex-pest that just treats girls as sex objects and so put her off you for ever.

It's a tough call, isn't it?

What are your experiences?

Do you have any advice for men going on first dates with girls?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 7:33:00 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/19/2010 7:31:31 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

What are your experiences?

Man, I always lunge too early or too late with abysmal results.


Do you have any advice for men going on first dates with girls?

Yes. Keep them interested throughout the date. Don't attempt to be chivalrous, just come as fun.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 7:50:19 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/19/2010 7:33:00 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Yes. Keep them interested throughout the date. Don't attempt to be chivalrous, just come as fun.
I don't know if that's the best advice, unless you're dating a teenager.

I'd say plan to let the first one go, and don't push the second much. But hey, you can always change plans if all signs say "go".
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
trustalgoreandriveahybrid
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 7:59:52 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/19/2010 7:31:31 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
What are your experiences?
Never been rejected.

Do you have any advice for men going on first dates with girls?

Advice: You can usually tell when a girl wants to kiss you. Best way to make sure though is mainly just to turn towards her and look directly into her eyes and tilt your head slightly to your right when facing her. If she smiles, repeats the action and maintains eye contact you're good to go. If she looks straight ahead well then don't lunge and no big feelings of ackwardness. If she starts talking respond to her and slow down volume and the rate at which your talking. If says WHY ARE YOU TALKING LIKE THAT or says WHAT DID YOU SAY in a loud tone probably wouldn't lunge. If she basically says nothing you're good to go.
trustalgoreandriveahybrid
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 8:03:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/19/2010 7:31:31 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Do you have any advice for men going on first dates with girls?

Teenager Advice:
Also first date = dinner + ice skating + an activity.

Avoid the movie theatre like the plague unless she suggests it. If she suggests it and is really pushing for it after you eat, probably a good sign she wants to makeout the whole time. If you're just looking to get some here's what you do.

If you're looking for a relationship do something fun like ice skating instead of the movies.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 8:17:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/19/2010 8:03:11 AM, trustalgoreandriveahybrid wrote:
At 2/19/2010 7:31:31 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Do you have any advice for men going on first dates with girls?

Teenager Advice:
Also first date = dinner + ice skating + an activity.


Doesn't ice skating count as an activity?

And what if A) There's no local ice skating or B) You suck at Ice skating
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
curious18
Posts: 98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 10:33:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/19/2010 8:17:24 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/19/2010 8:03:11 AM, trustalgoreandriveahybrid wrote:
At 2/19/2010 7:31:31 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Do you have any advice for men going on first dates with girls?

Teenager Advice:
Also first date = dinner + ice skating + an activity.


Doesn't ice skating count as an activity?

And what if A) There's no local ice skating or B) You suck at Ice skating

Then you use your imagination and find another activity to do that you both can do together. Ice Skating, roller blading, maybe even putt putt golf. But not bowling or gocarts (unless it is part of a larger date thing). Oh, and if you do putt putt, don't keep score, just go for fun, not competition.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 10:35:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/19/2010 10:33:10 AM, curious18 wrote:

Then you use your imagination and find another activity to do that you both can do together. Ice Skating, roller blading, maybe even putt putt golf. But not bowling or gocarts (unless it is part of a larger date thing). Oh, and if you do putt putt, don't keep score, just go for fun, not competition.

"putt putt golf" *See's OP is female* Oh.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 10:39:12 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/19/2010 8:03:11 AM, trustalgoreandriveahybrid wrote:

Avoid the movie theatre like the plague unless she suggests it.

YES! I had a terrible experience at the movies with a shy boy when I was 15. I wasn't going to be the hoe and start sucking face with him out of nowhere, but he was too much of a pussycat to do anything so we just sat there awkwardly 'watching' a TERRIBLE movie and the whole experience made me uncomfortable. We never went out again.
President of DDO
curious18
Posts: 98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 10:41:12 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/19/2010 10:35:47 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/19/2010 10:33:10 AM, curious18 wrote:

Then you use your imagination and find another activity to do that you both can do together. Ice Skating, roller blading, maybe even putt putt golf. But not bowling or gocarts (unless it is part of a larger date thing). Oh, and if you do putt putt, don't keep score, just go for fun, not competition.

"putt putt golf" *See's OP is female* Oh.

Hey, putt putt is fun, especailly if you need "help with your swing." ;)
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 10:42:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/19/2010 10:41:12 AM, curious18 wrote:
At 2/19/2010 10:35:47 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/19/2010 10:33:10 AM, curious18 wrote:

Then you use your imagination and find another activity to do that you both can do together. Ice Skating, roller blading, maybe even putt putt golf. But not bowling or gocarts (unless it is part of a larger date thing). Oh, and if you do putt putt, don't keep score, just go for fun, not competition.

"putt putt golf" *See's OP is female* Oh.

Hey, putt putt is fun, especailly if you need "help with your swing." ;)

Putt putt gold doesn't exist
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 10:48:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/19/2010 8:17:24 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/19/2010 8:03:11 AM, trustalgoreandriveahybrid wrote:
At 2/19/2010 7:31:31 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Do you have any advice for men going on first dates with girls?

Teenager Advice:
Also first date = dinner + ice skating + an activity.


Doesn't ice skating count as an activity?

And what if A) There's no local ice skating or B) You suck at Ice skating

+Sucking at Ice skating is good, now you have a topic to laugh and talk about. As she said, it's not competitive.

After you have a real thing to talk about, conversation follows just like if you're talking to a female friend.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
curious18
Posts: 98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 10:57:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/19/2010 10:42:04 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/19/2010 10:41:12 AM, curious18 wrote:
At 2/19/2010 10:35:47 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/19/2010 10:33:10 AM, curious18 wrote:

Then you use your imagination and find another activity to do that you both can do together. Ice Skating, roller blading, maybe even putt putt golf. But not bowling or gocarts (unless it is part of a larger date thing). Oh, and if you do putt putt, don't keep score, just go for fun, not competition.

"putt putt golf" *See's OP is female* Oh.

Hey, putt putt is fun, especailly if you need "help with your swing." ;)

Putt putt gold doesn't exist

I said putt putt golf, not gold.

and it does exist, I thank you very much.

http://www.putt-puttgolf.com...
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 10:59:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/19/2010 10:57:33 AM, curious18 wrote:
At 2/19/2010 10:42:04 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/19/2010 10:41:12 AM, curious18 wrote:
At 2/19/2010 10:35:47 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/19/2010 10:33:10 AM, curious18 wrote:

Then you use your imagination and find another activity to do that you both can do together. Ice Skating, roller blading, maybe even putt putt golf. But not bowling or gocarts (unless it is part of a larger date thing). Oh, and if you do putt putt, don't keep score, just go for fun, not competition.

"putt putt golf" *See's OP is female* Oh.

Hey, putt putt is fun, especailly if you need "help with your swing." ;)

Putt putt gold doesn't exist

I said putt putt golf, not gold.

and it does exist, I thank you very much.

http://www.putt-puttgolf.com...

That's for under-10's. Adults use pitch and putt.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
curious18
Posts: 98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 11:10:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/19/2010 10:59:33 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/19/2010 10:57:33 AM, curious18 wrote:
At 2/19/2010 10:42:04 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/19/2010 10:41:12 AM, curious18 wrote:
At 2/19/2010 10:35:47 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/19/2010 10:33:10 AM, curious18 wrote:

Then you use your imagination and find another activity to do that you both can do together. Ice Skating, roller blading, maybe even putt putt golf. But not bowling or gocarts (unless it is part of a larger date thing). Oh, and if you do putt putt, don't keep score, just go for fun, not competition.

"putt putt golf" *See's OP is female* Oh.

Hey, putt putt is fun, especailly if you need "help with your swing." ;)

Putt putt gold doesn't exist

I said putt putt golf, not gold.

and it does exist, I thank you very much.

http://www.putt-puttgolf.com...

That's for under-10's. Adults use pitch and putt.

Never heard of pitch and putt. And what do you pitch? There's no pitching in golf or putt putt.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 11:37:34 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/19/2010 11:10:08 AM, curious18 wrote:

Never heard of pitch and putt. And what do you pitch? There's no pitching in golf or putt putt.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Pitch and putt has an international body. Go figure.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DontBeRacist
Posts: 584
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 12:29:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/19/2010 7:31:31 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
What are your experiences?
Best first date experience. I was talking to this girl for a while and we decided to go out for dinner and the like. It started out at Applebees and it was full of laughter, conversation and great food. We then went out for a walk in a park nearby with stars in plain sight and not a person around. It was full blown romance. It started getting late so I suggested that I take her home. On the way to her house it started raining which made for even more of a "foggy" night. We get to her house and as we are walking to the door she takes a tumble on a patch of slippery grass.. broken leg. Total buzzkill. We went on to date but then broke up right after her leg was better. I think I'm bad luck.

Do you have any advice for men going on first dates with girls?
Be polite, it does not matter how you think you look opening a door or telling her she looks beautiful, it will help in the long run. And try to bring up topics that both you and her have in common, don't try to tell story after story to impress her. To me it's not about what you have done before, it's about what you're doing while we're on the date. I'm sure the same applies for females.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 12:40:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I go with my instincts now. Some of the times it fails but most of the time it works.

I changed to that strategy because, basically, I had tons of people after high school graduation tell me "such and such girls liked you and was wondering why you never asked them out?" Besides the reaction of "WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME THIS BACK IN SCHOOL?!" I was always too indecisive to figure out when to go for it.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 12:42:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/19/2010 12:29:20 PM, DontBeRacist wrote:
Do you have any advice for men going on first dates with girls?
Be polite, it does not matter how you think you look opening a door or telling her she looks beautiful, it will help in the long run. And try to bring up topics that both you and her have in common, don't try to tell story after story to impress her. To me it's not about what you have done before, it's about what you're doing while we're on the date. I'm sure the same applies for females.

Werd.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!