Jump to topic:

Was it mean toward Palin?

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 6:14:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Palin is playing the role of a noble protector to try and, as the woman is the second video said, get more votes. I personally have had no real interaction with people with Down Syndrome, but it seems they can live normal lives.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 11:50:16 AM
I understand how she feels in this position,but why all this outrage? Is she surprised by this, when much worse things are happening every day around the world? She should get over it. She always tries to gain attention by "standing up" against jokes or cartoon movies.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 11:51:01 AM
At 2/20/2010 11:50:16 AM, Mirza wrote:
I understand how she feels in this position, *but why all this outrage? Is she surprised by this, when much worse things are happening every day around the world? She should get over it. She always tries to gain attention by "standing up" against jokes or cartoon movies.

*Forgot space.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 11:57:50 AM
I understand how she feels in this position,but why all this outrage? Is she surprised by this, when much worse things are happening every day around the world? She should get over it. She always tries to gain attention by "standing up" against jokes or cartoon movies.

Well, she was speficially targeted. I have no issues when people joke around about retarded people, but if someone makes comments about my brother directly I'll kick their f*cking *ss.

same thing applies with other jokes. Some people joke about men, some about women. You say something about my wife directly, expect a fight. As I'm sure with most husbands for their wifes.

There is a difference when something is a joke, meant to be funny and not harmful (even though it may offend some people) and taking a joke that is targeting a single individual.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 12:04:15 PM
Maybe it was mean, maybe it wasn't. I don't care. I doubt she actually cares. I mean, this woman is full of hypocrisy. Remember the "f*cking retards" gaffe, when she got puffed up over Eric Holder saying that, yet does a complete about face when Rush Limbaugh does the same? I have serious doubts about this woman's sincerity in regards to any issue.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 12:05:03 PM
At 2/20/2010 11:57:50 AM, OreEle wrote:

Well, she was speficially targeted. I have no issues when people joke around about retarded people, but if someone makes comments about my brother directly I'll kick their f*cking *ss.

same thing applies with other jokes. Some people joke about men, some about women. You say something about my wife directly, expect a fight. As I'm sure with most husbands for their wifes.

There is a difference when something is a joke, meant to be funny and not harmful (even though it may offend some people) and taking a joke that is targeting a single individual.
In a democratic society you cannot expect people to act the way you feel is right. I agree that she is being specifically targeted sometimes, but there are also jokes specifically targeted at other politicians. It's just her who keeps highlighting this in the media so it seems like she is the victim of all victims here.

And where was Bill O'Reilly to agree with a Muslim when he spoke against the cartoons that insulted not one family or one person, but 1.57 billion people? Sarah Palain has already stood up against worthless humor, so why all this nonsense once more? She accused David Letterman of uttering pedophile jokes, now this 10-15 seconds clip. I would've thought that she would just get over it after the case with Letterman. In my opinion it's just going to get worse every time she stands up against this.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 12:07:14 PM
At 2/20/2010 12:05:03 PM, Mirza wrote:
Sarah *Palain has already stood up against worthless humor, so why all this nonsense once more? She accused David Letterman of uttering pedophile jokes, now this 10-15 seconds clip. I would've thought that she would just get over it after the case with Letterman. In my opinion it's just going to get worse every time she stands up against this.
*Palin

I almost spelled Paladin there. And I totally agree with the post above mine.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 12:07:33 PM
Sarah *Palain has already stood up against worthless humor, so why all this nonsense once more? She accused David Letterman of uttering pedophile jokes, now this 10-15 seconds clip. I would've thought that she would just get over it after the case with Letterman. In my opinion it's just going to get worse every time she stands up against this.
*Palin

I almost spelled Paladin there. And I totally agree with the post above mine.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 12:16:22 PM

In a democratic society you cannot expect people to act the way you feel is right. I agree that she is being specifically targeted sometimes, but there are also jokes specifically targeted at other politicians. It's just her who keeps highlighting this in the media so it seems like she is the victim of all victims here.

And where was Bill O'Reilly to agree with a Muslim when he spoke against the cartoons that insulted not one family or one person, but 1.57 billion people? Sarah Palain has already stood up against worthless humor, so why all this nonsense once more? She accused David Letterman of uttering pedophile jokes, now this 10-15 seconds clip. I would've thought that she would just get over it after the case with Letterman. In my opinion it's just going to get worse every time she stands up against this.

Being offended and being targeted are two different things. I have no issues with jokes that offended people (so long, of course that it isn't a blatently racist, sexist, or other discriminatory thing) but when they target a specific individual, that is something different.

While I agree that Sara is in a public role that she choose to put herself in, her daughter did not.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 12:20:19 PM
At 2/20/2010 12:16:22 PM, OreEle wrote:

Being offended and being targeted are two different things. I have no issues with jokes that offended people (so long, of course that it isn't a blatently racist, sexist, or other discriminatory thing) but when they target a specific individual, that is something different.

While I agree that Sara is in a public role that she choose to put herself in, her daughter did not.
It's Palin who always mentions her daughter in these cases. "My daughter did the right thing..." - Why not for once keep her daughter out of this? It is herself who keeps getting her daughter in the spotlight. Then the jokers take over.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 1:27:55 PM
It is pretty ridiculous.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."