Just Got Contact Lenses ...

PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 9:41:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
They're pissing me off.

I mean, when I wear them, it's nice to be able to see the world without glasses, but when I try to put them in, it's such a pain. It takes quite a few tries to do it, but at least I can eventually get them in. It's also very frustrating when I accidentally drop them or something and I don't know if it's inside out. How can you tell? I've seen all these ways to tell, but whenever I look at my contact lenses, I can't see a difference at all. I don't see a flare from my contact lenses (it always looks like a bowl to me), and I don't really get the "taco method", either.

My main problem, however, is with taking them out.

I've seen quite a few methods for doing it, but it takes SO long for me to do it, and I always get frustrated and my eyes a little irritated from trying so much (I'm using the sliding & pinching method to get them off). I'm afraid if I keep doing this to my eyes everyday that it'll hurt them, but I'm not sure.

Has anyone else encountered these problems, or knows of any tips or techniques that'll help me? Maybe there's something I've yet to hear about.
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 1:50:58 AM
At 7/15/2014 9:41:36 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
They're pissing me off.

I mean, when I wear them, it's nice to be able to see the world without glasses, but when I try to put them in, it's such a pain. It takes quite a few tries to do it, but at least I can eventually get them in. It's also very frustrating when I accidentally drop them or something and I don't know if it's inside out. How can you tell? I've seen all these ways to tell, but whenever I look at my contact lenses, I can't see a difference at all. I don't see a flare from my contact lenses (it always looks like a bowl to me), and I don't really get the "taco method", either.

My main problem, however, is with taking them out.

I've seen quite a few methods for doing it, but it takes SO long for me to do it, and I always get frustrated and my eyes a little irritated from trying so much (I'm using the sliding & pinching method to get them off). I'm afraid if I keep doing this to my eyes everyday that it'll hurt them, but I'm not sure.

Has anyone else encountered these problems, or knows of any tips or techniques that'll help me? Maybe there's something I've yet to hear about.

if your contacts are inside out they wont look like a bowl, they will be mishapen, youll be able to tell as soon as its in, because when you blink itll feel like your blinking on a hair in your eye. youll get used to putting them in and taking them out in due time, my advice is on your free time just put them in and take them out repeatedly, be sure to allways wash your hands so no dirt or smudges get in the contacts. dont fall asleep with them on, if you get dust in your eye, or something painfull take them out.

if you need anymore help, ill be happy to help you
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 10:03:23 PM
When my boyfriend got his contacts, his eye dr advised him to fill a small bowl with contact solution and stick his (obviously open) eye in it if he ever couldn't get his contact out. If necessary, you could always try that.