Jump to topic:

Lazy vs. non-ambitious.

heisnotrisen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 10:45:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Would you consider a disparity between the two? Not necessarily the definition but the practicality of the two. For example: An individual who exercises everyday, participates in triathlons, maintains his/her automobile and living quarters sufficiently, and excels at his/her work competently. However, the individual works at the local dollar store. The individual never attended a further education after high school, nor did they attend a trade or vocational program. The individual has also been exposed to a multitude of opportunities pertaining to a superiorly waged job and refused.

My question is: Can you be lazy yet simultaneously ambitious, or conversely, be non-ambitious yet not lazy?
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 12:21:52 PM
If ambition means desire than yes. Laziness is the acting upon of non-ambition, and ambition is the desire to excel.

You can be both ambitious and lazy however they are contradictory. Usually laziness is coupled with lack of motivation, but if you have ambition that means you have the desire and motivation.
Nolite Timere
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 3:57:54 PM
At 7/17/2014 10:45:51 PM, heisnotrisen wrote:
My answer from my understanding would be yes.

Well, the situation you provided was where someone was ambitious in one area and not ambitious in a completely different area.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 9:09:50 PM
At 7/17/2014 10:45:06 PM, heisnotrisen wrote:
My question is: Can you be lazy yet simultaneously ambitious, or conversely, be non-ambitious yet not lazy?
Laziness is the lack of an inner catalyst that leads you toward your ambitions. You cannot lack ambition and be lazy, because laziness is an interfering factor between ambition and work.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2014 10:59:16 PM
At 7/18/2014 12:21:52 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
If ambition means desire than yes. Laziness is the acting upon of non-ambition, and ambition is the desire to excel.

You can be both ambitious and lazy however they are contradictory. Usually laziness is coupled with lack of motivation, but if you have ambition that means you have the desire and motivation.
Nolite Timere