Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

New Forums with Freedom of Speech

collegekitchen3
Posts: 78
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 7:41:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Well PoeJoe and I had a discussion about freedom of speech on forums and how no forum had freedom of speech that was "respectable"

I think I found one.

http://forum.ebaumsworld.com...

Rules: http://forum.ebaumsworld.com...

IMO this forum seems about right. It also has a specific forum designed for gore/porn/topics not suitable for browsing the web while at work. It's called NSFW (not safe for work) only 18 and up.

Personally it would be great if Debate.org could follow the same standard.
collegekitchen3
Posts: 78
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 7:49:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I've looked through the forums and participated. I fail to see how its even close to "degeneration". It seems extremely respectable. Everyone is hilarious. There are serious and nonserious forums. Political discussions etc. A far more vast range of topics then we currently have.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:01:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Hey, um, Askbob...

If you don't like these forums how they are, go to eBaums' forums, and see who gives a damn.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:03:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I like the current forum etiquette except without the banning.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
collegekitchen3
Posts: 78
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:03:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/26/2010 8:01:23 PM, Volkov wrote:
Hey, um, Askbob...

If you don't like these forums how they are, go to eBaums' forums, and see who gives a damn.

I don't know what crawled up your asss and died Volkov but you might want to consider therapy.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:07:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/26/2010 8:03:21 PM, collegekitchen3 wrote:
I don't know what crawled up your asss and died Volkov but you might want to consider therapy.

No..
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:08:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/26/2010 8:03:21 PM, collegekitchen3 wrote:
I don't know what crawled up your asss and died Volkov but you might want to consider therapy.

You should consider this for yourself. All you do is gripe about how Phil is mistreating people and running DDO horribly, yet you're the one who for some reason keeps coming back on here despite being banned dozens of times.

If you don't like how DDO is run, go somewhere else. Stop wasting your time on this site with no "freedom of speech." I mean, if it truly matters to you that much, stop coming back.
collegekitchen3
Posts: 78
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:09:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/26/2010 8:08:16 PM, Volkov wrote:
You should consider this for yourself. All you do is gripe about how Phil is mistreating people and running DDO horribly
He's not doing this?

, yet you're the one who for some reason keeps coming back on here despite being banned dozens of times.

Community =/= moderator

If you don't like how DDO is run, go somewhere else. Stop wasting your time on this site with no "freedom of speech." I mean, if it truly matters to you that much, stop coming back.

If the bulk of the community doesn't want me here, I'll leave.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:10:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Also see: Internet = Completely free market.

If you don't like it here, you're more than "free" to go somewhere else. Have fun.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:11:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/26/2010 8:09:53 PM, collegekitchen3 wrote:
If the bulk of the community doesn't want me here, I'll leave.

Lol, you're basing your want to stay here on other's opinions of you? Come on, man. You're better than that.
collegekitchen3
Posts: 78
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:12:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/26/2010 8:10:40 PM, Nags wrote:
If you don't like it here, you're more than "free" to go somewhere else. Have fun.

Protip: Wanting the moderator of this site to stop banning members based upon stupid things =/= "not liking it here"

LRN the difference
collegekitchen3
Posts: 78
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:14:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/26/2010 8:11:56 PM, Volkov wrote:
Lol, you're basing your want to stay here on other's opinions of you? Come on, man. You're better than that.

Generally that's how I dictate where I choose to spend my time on the internet. If other people don't enjoy my presence, I'll leave. Obviously the opinion of one person doesn't matter, but the majority does.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:15:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/26/2010 8:12:42 PM, collegekitchen3 wrote:
Protip: Wanting the moderator of this site to stop banning members based upon stupid things =/= "not liking it here"

You've done much more than just ask or advocate for less stringent moderation. "Your language is offensive" -- as Allan from the Hangover would say. Stalking members and ranting about nothing isn't all that positive.

LRN the difference

Learn to spell.
collegekitchen3
Posts: 78
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:16:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/26/2010 8:15:30 PM, Nags wrote:
At 2/26/2010 8:12:42 PM, collegekitchen3 wrote:
Protip: Wanting the moderator of this site to stop banning members based upon stupid things =/= "not liking it here"

You've done much more than just ask or advocate for less stringent moderation. "Your language is offensive" -- as Allan from the Hangover would say. Stalking members and ranting about nothing isn't all that positive.

Then by all means ask me to leave. If you get 10 people to ask me to leave, I'm gone.


LRN the difference

Learn to spell.

http://www.urbandictionary.com...
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:17:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/26/2010 8:14:55 PM, collegekitchen3 wrote:
Generally that's how I dictate where I choose to spend my time on the internet. If other people don't enjoy my presence, I'll leave. Obviously the opinion of one person doesn't matter, but the majority does.

Really? I don't think that's a very good way to dictate what you participate in. I mean, if you enjoy the site, who cares if others don't "enjoy your presence"? But, I suppose that's just me.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:18:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/26/2010 8:16:42 PM, collegekitchen3 wrote:
Then by all means ask me to leave. If you get 10 people to ask me to leave, I'm gone.

Seriously?
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:18:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/26/2010 8:16:42 PM, collegekitchen3 wrote:
Then by all means ask me to leave. If you get 10 people to ask me to leave, I'm gone.

Straw man. I never asked you to leave.

http://www.urbandictionary.com...

This isn't 4chan.
collegekitchen3
Posts: 78
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:19:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/26/2010 8:17:09 PM, Volkov wrote:
Really? I don't think that's a very good way to dictate what you participate in. I mean, if you enjoy the site, who cares if others don't "enjoy your presence"? But, I suppose that's just me.

I have limited time on this earth. A forum is a forum. I can enjoy it anywhere on the internet. The reason I have continued coming back on this forum is because I have enjoyed the members and supposed the ones who knew me, enjoyed having me.

If this isn't true I'll find another forum. My time's to valuable to waste on those who wish me gone.
collegekitchen3
Posts: 78
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:19:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/26/2010 8:18:00 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 2/26/2010 8:16:42 PM, collegekitchen3 wrote:
Then by all means ask me to leave. If you get 10 people to ask me to leave, I'm gone.

Seriously?

Seriously.
collegekitchen3
Posts: 78
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:20:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/26/2010 8:19:28 PM, collegekitchen3 wrote:
At 2/26/2010 8:18:00 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 2/26/2010 8:16:42 PM, collegekitchen3 wrote:
Then by all means ask me to leave. If you get 10 people to ask me to leave, I'm gone.

Seriously?

Seriously.

In fact, if you do plan on doing it, do it in the style of a mafia lynch included with a lynch-o-tron.
collegekitchen3
Posts: 78
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 8:23:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/26/2010 8:20:56 PM, Nags wrote:
At 2/26/2010 8:19:49 PM, collegekitchen3 wrote:
The internet is our domain.

Define: our.

The Our (pronunciation [u:r]; archaic Ur) is a river of Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany. It is a left tributary to the river Sauer/Sûre. ...