Jump to topic:

People

abyteofbrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 11:42:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What do you think about them? I think that everyone is somewhat nasty, but covers it as much as they think they have to. I think that there is no unselfish deed. I think that people can't rely on any person (including themselves) for anything. I think that no one fully understands themsef.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 4:45:17 PM
At 7/24/2014 11:42:43 PM, abyteofbrain wrote:
What do you think about them? I think that everyone is somewhat nasty, but covers it as much as they think they have to. I think that there is no unselfish deed. I think that people can't rely on any person (including themselves) for anything. I think that no one fully understands themsef.

In other words trust people but never 100%. Always have a plan B if the person lucky enough to have some of your trust drops the ball. Never have any kind of expectations of anything or of anyone, not ever.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
deusdiligitme
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 12:40:26 AM
While never trusting people may be a tempting thought it is kind of a miserable way to live life. If you can't trust your spouse then your marriage isn't going to do well let alone thrive. If you can't trust your kids they aren't going to mature very much or well. However as a bible believing christian there is one being that you can fully trust! Which provides me hope for the future and that is God! He's the person it that i can put all of my trust in so that when someone else may break my trust he'll always be there for me.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 5:03:35 AM
What do you think about them?

I'm glad you asked. I've often considered people to be like:

1) Steel rods. If you apply enough heat and pressure - they will bend to your will.

2) Shrimps. If you eat the rights ones - they don't taste like fish.

3) Bumper cars, because everyone has a few dents.

4) AIDS Virus. We are killing our host... the earth.

5) Gum on a sidewalk, because some people tend to stick to you longer than you'd like.

6) Bongs. Once broken - never the same.

7) Ants. We both have a worker class, soldier class, and royalty.

8) Liquorice. Because some look really good, but then turn out to suck.

9) Icebergs. Because one's true self is often kept hidden from the surface.

10) A bottle of water that is 66% full. Because that is scientifically proven.

I think that everyone is somewhat nasty, but covers it as much as they think they have to.

Somewhat agreed. Please refer to point #9 - people are like icebergs.

I think that there is no unselfish deed.

Agreed. Even if you go to help build a children's hospital in Haiti, you are doing it to serve your own selfish purposes like wanting to make a child suffer less.

I think that people can't rely on any person (including themselves) for anything.

Disagree. All you have in this world is yourself. You were thrown into this existence alone, and will die alone. You'll meet some people worth having along for the ride but cannot expect them to live your life for you. You can rely on yourself up until you either stop believing in your own capabilities, become mentally challenged, get into a coma inducing accident, become a paraplegic, or die. Other than those situations, I'm pretty sure you can rely on yourself. Or if you are struck dumb with love... that's a real bitch.

I think that no one fully understands themself.

It's a day to day meet and greet. Meditation is a good first step to understanding oneself. You just can't allow yourself to fear the answers you might find within.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 4:48:03 PM
At 7/28/2014 12:40:26 AM, deusdiligitme wrote:
While never trusting people may be a tempting thought it is kind of a miserable way to live life. If you can't trust your spouse then your marriage isn't going to do well let alone thrive. If you can't trust your kids they aren't going to mature very much or well. However as a bible believing christian there is one being that you can fully trust! Which provides me hope for the future and that is God! He's the person it that i can put all of my trust in so that when someone else may break my trust he'll always be there for me.

I didn't say trust no one, I said never trust anyone 100%. The only person you can trust 100% is yourself. I am married and yes my wife has dropped the ball on a number of occasions, so have my children. There are degrees of trust. But you would be a fool to trust another person 100%. The closer they are to you the higher degree of that trust being abused.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 7:09:57 PM

Hello Mr. Cynical
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 9:03:31 PM
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...