collegkitchen4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 11:37:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 11:30:32 AM, GhostWriter wrote:
Just wondering some of your ideas.

One of my favorites and cheapest is wendy's and iceblocking!

lol wut

How about: You cook her dinner then go ice skating.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 11:44:11 AM
At 3/2/2010 11:40:49 AM, JBlake wrote:
She said Wendy's. haha

Fixed!

what's your problem with Wendy's?? Doesn't get much better than a spicy chicken sandwich and large frosty :)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 11:55:32 AM
At 3/2/2010 11:50:24 AM, wjmelements wrote:
If you're going for cheap, just take your date on a dog walk.

or a movie's not bad.. So long as you make it quite clear there's no Popcorn and that all sodas must be smuggled in. :)

I went to Avatar the other day, and we smuggled in a bunch of stuff and my gfriend said that even when we first started goin out I didn't buy her popcorn, made me feel kinda bad, but hey smuggled candy tastes good. :)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
collegkitchen4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 11:56:37 AM
At 3/2/2010 11:44:11 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Doesn't get much better than a spicy chicken sandwich and large frosty :)

That's a 10/10 for the meal combo which IMO is the best fast food meal available.

But on a serious side, don't take a woman to fast food unless you've been together a while.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 12:00:33 PM

Dogs in Texas? How do they survive the 200+ degrees??
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
collegkitchen4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 12:02:32 PM
At 3/2/2010 11:55:32 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

or a movie's not bad.. So long as you make it quite clear there's no Popcorn and that all sodas must be smuggled in. :)

I went to Avatar the other day, and we smuggled in a bunch of stuff and my gfriend said that even when we first started goin out I didn't buy her popcorn, made me feel kinda bad, but hey smuggled candy tastes good. :)

This I do really disagree with.

Problems with Movies:

1. Floor is sticky (where I live)

2. Need to be quiet = no talking

3. Costs at least 20 dollars if you are going with snacks which is usually required + another 25 for dinner. 45 bucks for food and a movie with a bunch of other people = way too expensive.

4. Awkward if you're not familiar (I.E. romantic) with each other (first date)

5. Seats make any good snuggling uncomfortable.

Alternative to dinner and movie date.

1. Cook the meal for your date.

2. Pirate the 720p version of it when it comes out on bluray

3. Snuggle in bed and watch 720p version via HDMI cable on your LCD panasonic 720p

WIN

$7 vs $45

Privacy + warm bed + Advanced snuggling vs sticky floor, uncomfortable seats, noisy public
collegkitchen4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 12:04:58 PM
At 3/2/2010 12:00:33 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Dogs in Texas? How do they survive the 200+ degrees??

Conservative dogs have a higher heat tolerance than those inferior liberal, yankee dogs up north.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 12:14:38 PM
Wendy's? So what you are in effect saying to the girl is:

"I want to get inside your kaks, but not so much that I'm willing to spend more than the price of a burger and a soda on you at some depressing, downmarket fast food joint."

Save up for a decent meal at a proper restaurant and go dancing afterwards. If you can afford it, get a private booth at the club and invest in a bottle of bubbly because, as every player knows, champagne goes straight to a girl's minge.

Before you know it she'll be frothing at the gash and you'll be up to your plums in she-meat!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 12:15:09 PM
Movies are definitely a poor date idea - especially early in the process of meeting someone. The biggest problem is that you cannot talk and get to know each other during the movie. You just sit next to each other for two hours. Not to mention it lacks any sort of creativity.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 12:20:27 PM
At 3/2/2010 12:14:38 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:

"I want to get inside your kaks, but not so much that I'm willing to spend more than the price of a burger and a soda on you at some depressing, downmarket fast food joint."

Save up for a decent meal at a proper restaurant and go dancing afterwards. If you can afford it, get a private booth at the club and invest in a bottle of bubbly because, as every player knows, champagne goes straight to a girl's minge.

Before you know it she'll be frothing at the gash and you'll be up to your plums in she-meat!

As you can see from the link
http://www.debate.org...

The OP who suggested Wendy's is in fact a Female :)

Now I agree that there may be some women who might not appreciate the awesomeness or economicallness of Wendy's

but hey, if you can't land the right kind of girl on a date, why even bother takin her out??

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 12:22:35 PM
iceblocking!

whats iceblocking?

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 12:26:31 PM

Though I must admit my girlfriend thinks that we haven't gone on a "real date" for a "very long time"

so... maybe my suggestions aren't too valid.

Metaphysics:
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 12:28:54 PM
At 3/2/2010 12:22:35 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
iceblocking!

whats iceblocking?

http://en.wikipedia.org...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 12:31:20 PM
22-year old female in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States.

One of my favorites and cheapest is wendy's and iceblocking!

Wendy's is a good fast food joint, yes. I don't know anyone, guy or girl, who would appreciate a fast food date though.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Ice blocking is a recreational activity in which individuals race to the bottom of a hill sitting on large blocks of ice. It is sometimes recommended as a good activity for dating and scout camps. In the United States ice blocking is thought to be regional, occurring in the West.

That's just weird.

---

How about Starbucks or a restaurant like TGI Fridays? Both relatively cheap. Definite no to all of the above. No to movies as well.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 12:46:23 PM
For a date you need:

- Something unique
- Where you a best at your game (i.e. somewhere you can easily chat and avoid awkward silences)
- Not spending a lot of money while still retaining some classiness and feeding the woman.
- An activity

I'd recommend bowling and somewhere to eat like TGI Fridays (Not too expensive, not too cheap). And in that order. It's not fun to bowl on a full stomach.

If you can try to combine multipel small activities into one. For example, my local bowling place has pool/snooker as well as an arcade and some air hockey. Quadruple win.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 12:58:57 PM
At 3/2/2010 12:51:26 PM, Koopin wrote:
Wendy's is to expensive in my book, how about dollar menu drive-thru at McDonalds.

Isn't McDonalds blasphemous to a KFCian?
collegkitchen4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 12:59:01 PM
Wendy's is to expensive in my book, how about dollar menu drive-thru at McDonalds.

Now we're talking with drinking tap water for drinks and getting your sauce at home from your parent's fridge.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 1:03:24 PM
At 3/2/2010 12:58:57 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Do you think that I would buy KFC for Someone else?
kfc
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 1:05:06 PM
At 3/2/2010 12:59:01 PM, collegkitchen4 wrote:

Now we're talking with drinking tap water for drinks and getting your sauce at home from your parent's fridge.

We can say,"I left my wallet at home, can you get this bill?" That would save us $2
kfc
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 1:05:18 PM
At 3/2/2010 12:20:27 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/2/2010 12:14:38 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:

As you can see from the link
http://www.debate.org...

Now I agree that there may be some women who might not appreciate the awesomeness or economicallness of Wendy's

but hey, if you can't land the right kind of girl on a date, why even bother takin her out??

Sorry, didn't realise GostWriter was a wee lassie! In this case, it doesn't really matter - I'm sure if her date is any sort of gentleman and is interested in her he would be happy just to be with her.

If the weather is nice, why not picnic by the river and then hire a boat? As cheap as chips and as romantic as any candlelight dinner.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Johnicle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 1:06:00 PM

or just take your dog on a walk :D
Nimtike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 1:17:12 PM
You know, my advice is sort of a combination of Wendy's and the quadruple win. Just go on a progressive dinner. Where you get a drink at McDonalds, fries at Arby's, a burger at Burger King, and finally a Frosty at Wendys. You get to talk during the car ride and share in the desire for fries for half the ride.

Other than that, another date that I've been on is a bikeride. Whether you get two bikes, or find a Tandem Bike it doesn't really matter. The only problem with this idea is if you live in a hilly neighborhood. If you do, then just settle for a walk.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 1:21:09 PM
At 3/2/2010 1:03:24 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 3/2/2010 12:58:57 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Do you think that I would buy KFC for Someone else?

I'd suppose you'd just eat theirs and not give it to them. Good call.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 1:22:15 PM
At 3/2/2010 1:17:12 PM, Nimtike wrote:

Other than that, another date that I've been on is a bikeride. Whether you get two bikes, or find a Tandem Bike it doesn't really matter. The only problem with this idea is if you live in a hilly neighborhood. If you do, then just settle for a walk.

Bikerides are awesome dates, at least when my girlfriend's not feeling particularly lazy :) lol

She only likes bikerides if I promise we'll go to the clam bar though, and they're pricey 8(

Metaphysics:
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 1:29:48 PM
At 3/2/2010 1:21:09 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

I'd suppose you'd just eat theirs and not give it to them. Good call.

Yea, what if you had a two tickets to MegaDeath. You could either see them with your girlfriend one night, or go two nights a row.
kfc