Jump to topic:

weird

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 8:58:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Lol, wow, you find similiarities between both that don't actually mean anyhting.

Besides, look at the footnots.

1 It is an urban myth that Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy. There is no record of that.

2 There is no record whether or not Kennedy's secretary warned him.

3 Booth actually fled to a farm and was killed in a tobacco barn. It might be a stretch to call it a warehouse. But two years after his death, Booth's body was temporarily moved to a warehouse. Also, after the assassination, the government closed the Ford Theatre and turned it into a warehouse.

So you found a list of similarities between there deaths. That's not evidence.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 8:59:22 AM
At 3/3/2010 8:58:40 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Lol, wow, you found similiarities between both that don't actually mean anything.

Besides, look at the footnots.

1 It is an urban myth that Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy. There is no record of that.

2 There is no record whether or not Kennedy's secretary warned him.

3 Booth actually fled to a farm and was killed in a tobacco barn. It might be a stretch to call it a warehouse. But two years after his death, Booth's body was temporarily moved to a warehouse. Also, after the assassination, the government closed the Ford Theatre and turned it into a warehouse.

So you found a list of similarities between their deaths. That's not evidence.
Nails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 1:24:22 PM
Two presidents who were actually concerned with Civil Rights? What a coincidence!

The most powerful men in the world of their time were killed, and some loon had the audacity to believe there was a larger conspiracy in the works? Shocker!
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 1:33:59 PM
At 3/3/2010 1:24:22 PM, Nails wrote:
Two presidents who were actually concerned with Civil Rights? What a coincidence!

The most powerful men in the world of their time were killed, and some loon had the audacity to believe there was a larger conspiracy in the works? Shocker!

I don't believe it, but it's strange. There are way too many coincidences there, and if anyone were to pull something like that off they would have to be fairly powerful, and for 100 years too.
signature
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 1:38:00 PM
You don't need a conspiracy to know that people who control vast numbers of armed soldiers are going to be the targets of armed non-soldiers. If there weren't people who disagreed with them, there would be no need for the soldiers in the first place.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 1:42:47 PM
How does this have anything to do with the Illuminati?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 2:05:43 PM
Geo, they are responsible for everything ever.

Oh wait that's your line.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 2:17:34 PM
At 3/3/2010 1:42:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I'm not saying that it's specifically the Illuminati, just that it looks like something is going on behind the scenes.
signature
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 2:19:05 PM
At 3/3/2010 1:33:59 PM, badger wrote:

I don't believe it, but it's strange. There are way too many coincidences there, and if anyone were to pull something like that off they would have to be fairly powerful, and for 100 years too.

I'm pretty sure any mass conspiracies would ensure a lack of coincidences and prefer effectiveness to symbolism.

Besides, most of them are unrelated to the assassination, such as the year they became president, name of their advisor, burial place, etc.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 2:24:10 PM
At 3/3/2010 2:19:37 PM, badger wrote:
Kinda seems like there is a few fvckers in power who have nothing better to do than playing with our heads.

Motive to play with our heads?

Their goal is to rule the world. If they can assassinate two presidents, then they are pretty powerful. However your article has zero proof for them.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 2:24:41 PM
At 3/3/2010 2:19:05 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 3/3/2010 1:33:59 PM, badger wrote:

I'm pretty sure any mass conspiracies would ensure a lack of coincidences and prefer effectiveness to symbolism.

You're pretty sure? Think of it as them showing off.

Besides, most of them are unrelated to the assassination, such as the year they became president, name of their advisor, burial place, etc.

That makes no difference. It's the fact that the cases are so similar with 100 years between them. It's like dropping a hint that there could be someone powerful that they can kill to power figures a century apart.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 2:31:12 PM
It's like dropping a hint that there could be someone so* powerful that they can kill two* power figures a century apart.
signature
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 2:36:32 PM
http://www.snopes.com...

What you're getting at is that they have a power that if they had, they could make a lot more of the possible coincidences that didn't happen mentioned in the article. http://www.snopes.com...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 2:36:54 PM
Huh, linked it twice oh well.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 2:42:17 PM
At 3/3/2010 2:36:32 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

What you're getting at is that they have a power that if they had, they could make a lot more of the possible coincidences that didn't happen mentioned in the article. http://www.snopes.com...

And do you not think that it makes sense?
signature
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 2:45:54 PM
Gee.

Your hypothesis mentioned a lot of coincidences that did happen.

I linked to an article that makes those coincidences all look rather likely, and points to several more coincidences that should have happened with some all-powerful conspiracy like your hypothesis advocates.

What's the prognosis on whether that means I believe your hypothesis doc?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 2:45:55 PM
At 3/3/2010 2:17:34 PM, badger wrote:

I'm not saying that it's specifically the Illuminati, just that it looks like something is going on behind the scenes.

Ok, that's true and they are involved in a lot of numerology and calculated events, but I wouldn't use that article to support it's existence.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 2:46:18 PM
At 3/3/2010 2:36:32 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I didn't really understand much of that.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 2:52:09 PM
At 3/3/2010 2:45:55 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Ok, that's true and they are involved in a lot of numerology and calculated events, but I wouldn't use that article to support it's existence.

I'm not trying to support their existence. I know absolutely nothing about any Illuminati conspiracy theories. I just came across that article, found it hard to believe that all those were coincidences, and the only other explanation I could come up with was that they were taken out by someone ridiculously powerful.
signature
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 2:54:33 PM
At 3/3/2010 2:52:09 PM, badger wrote:

I'm not trying to support their existence. I know absolutely nothing about any Illuminati conspiracy theories. I just came across that article, found it hard to believe that all those were coincidences, and the only other explanation I could come up with was that they were taken out by someone ridiculously powerful.

There are thousands of "coincidences" every day.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 2:56:50 PM
At 3/3/2010 2:54:33 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Yeah, but theres way to many of those and they are so closely related that it's hard not to be suspicious.
signature
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 3:06:05 PM
At 3/3/2010 2:56:50 PM, badger wrote:

Yeah, but theres way to many of those and they are so closely related that it's hard not to be suspicious.

It's easy not to be suspicious.

OMFG my belt has the same number of holes as Obama's, they must have implemented secret liberal mind control technology that relies on the number of hells to set up all the transmitters!!!!!!1111!!!!!!
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 3:10:41 PM
At 3/3/2010 3:06:05 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 3/3/2010 2:56:50 PM, badger wrote:

It's easy not to be suspicious.

OMFG my belt has the same number of holes as Obama's, they must have implemented secret liberal mind control technology that relies on the number of hells to set up all the transmitters!!!!!!1111!!!!!!

So you see the sense in what I'm saying?
signature
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 3:13:09 PM
The internet does not deliver sarcasm well does it.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 3:15:36 PM
At 3/3/2010 3:13:09 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The internet does not deliver sarcasm well does it.

It does. I just took it that you did seeing as you came back at me with something as ridiculous as that.
signature
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 3:18:06 PM
That doesn't follow.

And what's the difference between a matched number of belt holes and a century passing between exchanges of office when exchanges of office only happen once every four years at most and you have a sample size of two centuries that have hit that mark?