Jump to topic:

Public Transportation or Not

s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 7:09:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I googled the amount of time it takes to ride a bike from my place to Greenspoint; which is nine miles away; according to Google, it takes 47 minutes. However, according to Google, the same trip would take an hour and fifteen minutes, by bus.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:52:18 PM
At 8/6/2014 7:09:23 PM, s-anthony wrote:
I googled the amount of time it takes to ride a bike from my place to Greenspoint; which is nine miles away; according to Google, it takes 47 minutes. However, according to Google, the same trip would take an hour and fifteen minutes, by bus.

Public transportation EWWWW would not be caught dead on it. Disease and germ fest.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 10:16:55 PM
At 8/8/2014 9:52:18 PM, sadolite wrote:

Public transportation EWWWW would not be caught dead on it. Disease and germ fest.

Such is life.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 7:57:46 AM
At 8/8/2014 10:16:55 PM, s-anthony wrote:

Such is life.

Ya your right. That's why I will never live in a big city. I don't know how people live in places like that. I guess if you are born into that environment you don't know any different. But to actually choose to live in that environment, mindboggling to me.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 9:48:02 AM
At 8/9/2014 7:57:46 AM, sadolite wrote:

Such is life.

Ya your right. That's why I will never live in a big city. I don't know how people live in places like that. I guess if you are born into that environment you don't know any different. But to actually choose to live in that environment, mindboggling to me.

Sorry. Small towns and rural areas are too boring, for me. I don't see other people as an inconvenience. I actually like other people. To me, diversity is not a threat to life; it is life.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 1:11:43 PM
At 8/9/2014 9:48:02 AM, s-anthony wrote:

Such is life.

Sorry. Small towns and rural areas are too boring, for me. I don't see other people as an inconvenience. I actually like other people. To me, diversity is not a threat to life; it is life.

I don't live in a rural area and I like how do you extrapolate to diversity(Racist). The population where I live is 200,000 plenty of so called diversity.

s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 1:22:33 PM
At 8/9/2014 1:11:43 PM, sadolite wrote:

Such is life.

I don't live in a rural area and I like how do you extrapolate to diversity(Racist). The population where I live is 200,000 plenty of so called diversity.

Diversity is more than just race.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 3:17:35 PM
At 8/9/2014 1:22:33 PM, s-anthony wrote:

Such is life.

Oh, ok then, I live in one of the most diverse places on the planet.

s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:32:06 PM
At 8/9/2014 3:17:35 PM, sadolite wrote:

Such is life.

Well, you must really hate living among so many people who are so unlike you.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 5:55:36 PM
At 8/9/2014 4:32:06 PM, s-anthony wrote:

Such is life.

Why do you insist on extrapolating irrelevancy. I don't like public transportation, it has absolutely nothing to do with culture. In big cities it is basically the only way for the average Joe to get around. That is why I would not choose a place like that to live. Geez

s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 6:46:45 PM
At 8/9/2014 5:55:36 PM, sadolite wrote:

Such is life.

Why do you insist on extrapolating irrelevancy. I don't like public transportation, it has absolutely nothing to do with culture. In big cities it is basically the only way for the average Joe to get around. That is why I would not choose a place like that to live. Geez

Here, in Houston, mostly everyone hates public transportation. I don't hate public transportation; actually, I think it's a good idea, for large cities. It helps to alleviate a nightmarish traffic problem.

The problem, with Houston, is big oil. Compared to other large cities, Houston invests very little money, into public transportation. As long as greedy politicians are in bed with big oil, Texas will continue to be pedestrian unfriendly.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:09:13 PM
At 8/9/2014 6:46:45 PM, s-anthony wrote:

Such is life.

Here, in Houston, mostly everyone hates public transportation. I don't hate public transportation; actually, I think it's a good idea, for large cities. It helps to alleviate a nightmarish traffic problem.

The problem, with Houston, is big oil. Compared to other large cities, Houston invests very little money, into public transportation. As long as greedy politicians are in bed with big oil, Texas will continue to be pedestrian unfriendly.

Of course it couldn't possibly have anything to do with people not liking to ride public transportation.

s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:40:25 PM
At 8/9/2014 8:09:13 PM, sadolite wrote:

Such is life.

Of course it couldn't possibly have anything to do with people not liking to ride public transportation.

Gee! I wonder why it is people don't like riding public transportation. There's no way it could have anything to do with the fact it sucks.

People who have cars ride Park and Ride and the rail. I guess because it's more efficient and quicker. Public transportation is not inherently repulsive; it's greedy politicians who make it so.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 9:55:41 PM
At 8/9/2014 8:40:25 PM, s-anthony wrote:

Such is life.

Gee! I wonder why it is people don't like riding public transportation. There's no way it could have anything to do with the fact it sucks.

People who have cars ride Park and Ride and the rail. I guess because it's more efficient and quicker. Public transportation is not inherently repulsive; it's greedy politicians who make it so.

Ya that's why they can't get their multi billion dollar rail system built in FLorida, Those damn greedy politicians. They can't get it built because no one wants it.

s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 10:39:49 PM
At 8/9/2014 9:55:41 PM, sadolite wrote:

Such is life.

Ya that's why they can't get their multi billion dollar rail system built in FLorida, Those damn greedy politicians. They can't get it built because no one wants it.

The same people who objected to the rail, here in Houston, are the ones who ride it everyday.

You think a multi-billion dollar rail is expensive, try footing the bill for ever expanding roads and streets. How long can we keep expanding roads and at what costs? Not only do you have to consider the costs of the raw materials that go into the building and expanding of new roads, streets, and highways but, also, the costs of demolishing an existing infrastructure.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2014 8:17:59 AM
At 8/9/2014 10:39:49 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 8/9/2014 9:55:41 PM, sadolite wrote:

Such is life.

The same people who objected to the rail, here in Houston, are the ones who ride it everyday.

You think a multi-billion dollar rail is expensive, try footing the bill for ever expanding roads and streets. How long can we keep expanding roads and at what costs? Not only do you have to consider the costs of the raw materials that go into the building and expanding of new roads, streets, and highways but, also, the costs of demolishing an existing infrastructure.

You like public transportation , got it.