Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

The Weekly Stupid Episode 4

lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:39:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
We're back after another amazing week. Last week we saw iheartnk finially lose in terms of the Best of the Best to LogicalLunatic, so let's see how this week's batch of contestants do.

10. "Isn't this how AIDS started?"-Petersmith

That was Petersmith's response to my poll on the legality of bestiality. The reason this makes the Weekly Stupid is because we don't really know how AIDs started. The sources that he sited actually said that they are unsure, but he seemed to be pretty confident that this is how it began.

9. "The Palestinians are not a real race, they are bunch of hired Arabs in the 1880's to swarm the land of Judea to kick out the Jews. Then filthy rich Arabic land owners sold to Jews for above top dollar. The Jews gladly paid and bought their land, Palestinians are just a propaganda tool for Arabs to keep Jews out of the holy lands."-CountChechula

This one makes number 9 due to the fact that the Arabs were actually living there first. The Brittish decided to move Jews here after World War 2 and gave the Jewish state of Israel home rule much like how after the Civil War the US created a nation of freed slaves in Africa called Liberia. Though they ended up enslaving the real Africans, but that's another story.

8. "English is not derived from Latin, do your research. I wonder what dialect is used by the British - which actually stemmed from Australians, and why it sounds like a better form of English."- Aerogant
Here Aerogant is just wrong. A majority of the modern English languages actually come from Latin. Like the word la ropa (spanish) is related to the Latin version of Robe, which means to cloth. So la ropa is a clothing article.

7. "Hitler did nothing wrong."-AmericanFacist.

So I guess Hitler didn't kill millions of Jews right?

6. "He looks like a pleasant young man from Uruguay, yet beneath that pleasant exterior lies the cold heart of a vampire. It is rumored that in Liverpool the bat population has increased and the same is happening in Barcelona. Coincidence? I think not. Lets get the stakes and pitchforks and go chase him down."- iamanatheistandthisiswhy

I pretty sure he only had a few anger issues in that game, but just because he was anger doesn't mean the man is a vampyre. Speaking of cold I think hell froze over for this next one.

5. "Why is it that American's can't just go along with killing all the Jews? Oh, obviously it's because democracy doesn't work."-RoyLarthum

This here is Roy responding to the US not extending welfare benefits, but agreeing to give Israel another 200 some odd million dollars in funding. In all of this though I don't see how the fact that the US helping another democracy in Israel is showing democracy not working.

4. "Atheists Are Worse than The Devil"-Sovergngracereigns

It appears like someone has been watching the Water Boy a little to much. Now I may be Catholic, but not to this extreme. I believe that atheists need to believe in God, but I don't believe that they are worse than the devil.

3. "Life is about being destroyed; if you do not destroy your stupidity, then what is life?" Aerogant

This is a contradicting statement. Life is creation while death is destruction. Creation=/=destruction.

2. "Seeing how much these two have in common, I thought I'd ask. Personally, while I know Hitler made a few mistakes, I don't think what he did compares to the pain and misery Obama has brought upon the world."-TRUECHRISTIAN

Once again. I'm may be anti-Obama, but I don't think that he is anywhere close to being or being worse than Hitler.

1. "Think about it. Where do babies get their strength from? Obviously not the egg. Women are weak. Semen, which fertilizes the egg, gives the fetus its strength. So by that logic, I should inject semen into my veins, which will make me more masculine and therefore stronger."-Lord Grae

Sexism and just pure ew.

Best of the Best
LogicalLunatic vs. Lord Grae
http://www.debate.org...

The Weekly Win
Anthropogenic Climate Change Exists
brant.merrell vs. RoyLarthum
http://www.debate.org...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:40:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
sig change.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Aerogant
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 10:47:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/8/2014 9:39:50 AM, lannan13 wrote:
3. "Life is about being destroyed; if you do not destroy your stupidity, then what is life?" Aerogant

Oh, I see that you managed to capture my irony, without acknowledging the irony. Ah, you people further prove how dense you all are; like a turtle which rocks back and forth in their naivety, yet striving ever so indefinitely.
Aerogant
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 10:50:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I lied. There is no irony. Read the sentence again - it says "Life is about destroying", then the latter half asks the question "if stupidity is not destroyed, then what is life?", which is not a contradiction, but a following positive. Let me hold your hand before I go and explain this in a way your brain can process it: I said life is about being destroyed. The sentence: "if stupidity is not destroyed", is saying that "life cannot be lived in stupidity, so stupidity must be destroyed to understand life."

Yours truly, your ultimate shadow.
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 10:50:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/8/2014 10:47:12 AM, Aerogant wrote:
At 8/8/2014 9:39:50 AM, lannan13 wrote:
3. "Life is about being destroyed; if you do not destroy your stupidity, then what is life?" Aerogant


Oh, I see that you managed to capture my irony, without acknowledging the irony. Ah, you people further prove how dense you all are; like a turtle which rocks back and forth in their naivety, yet striving ever so indefinitely.

There is no irony there. It's just you advocating genocide and contradicting yourself.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Aerogant
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 10:51:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/8/2014 10:50:32 AM, lannan13 wrote:
There is no irony there. It's just you advocating genocide and contradicting yourself.

Of course there isn't any irony, I was playing with my food.
Aerogant
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 10:59:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The planet destroys itself and recreates itself because the planet is the volcano, the raging sea, the earthquakes, the tempests or the wild fires.

The human destroys itself recreates itself in a metaphysical form, by killing their old habits and creating a new self every day.

Your petty definition of "destroy" further proves to me, and anyone with highly cognitive analytic prowess, that you are a primitive thinker that resorts to primitive calamity over practical clarity. You still think along the lines of physical violence; war; et cetera.
Aerogant
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 11:02:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Destruction is needed in this Universe to create life. When we have sex, we experience that destruction by hammering into our mate, or for a virgin, ripping the hymen - or when they give birth, the pain it causes to give life.

Please, if you're going to make a "Weekly Stupid", don't even try to include me without having it all come right back at you for your actions being so naive and precarious to act on such thoughtless behavior.
Aerogant
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 11:06:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Clearly you don't understand the inter-relationship between creation and destruction, even though Mankind continues to demonstrate that they can create by destroying; destroy by creating.

Ah, you're such a fool. Is it inaccurate to say that you remind me of a monkey which wears a monocle? You don't even know what you're saying! I do. That's why your paper-clip wings get shot down by me time after time again.

Perhaps you should take me out before you continue to make a grand fool out of yourself, as I'm sure there are other legitimately stupid people which belong in #3, like you for example.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 11:11:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I demand to make it on this list! I'm way more awesome than these arseholes!
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Aerogant
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 11:14:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
By the way, I was trolling some kid that was raised by red herrings with the whole language dispute. I was using frame traps against them, like they used against me, because they can't argue properly for the life of them. Most of the people on your "Stupid" list are using satire like I was. You can't detect satire because you belong in every number on your list.
Aerogant
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 11:16:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Though, the creation & destruction subject is profoundly genuine. There's no satire in this at all.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 11:22:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I redact my earlier statement. He deserves to be here. ^
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Aerogant
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 11:37:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/8/2014 11:22:55 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I redact my earlier statement. He deserves to be here. ^

Yes, on the forums - not on the list driven by the pinnacle of idiocy.

While they make lists for people with all due to hypocrisy and solely thereof - no more; no less, I will be breaking down the Universe and the human psyche as I always have been since the age of 10.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2014 1:03:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/8/2014 9:39:50 AM, lannan13 wrote:
We're back after another amazing week. Last week we saw iheartnk finially lose in terms of the Best of the Best to LogicalLunatic, so let's see how this week's batch of contestants do.

10. "Isn't this how AIDS started?"-Petersmith

That was Petersmith's response to my poll on the legality of bestiality. The reason this makes the Weekly Stupid is because we don't really know how AIDs started. The sources that he sited actually said that they are unsure, but he seemed to be pretty confident that this is how it began.

9. "The Palestinians are not a real race, they are bunch of hired Arabs in the 1880's to swarm the land of Judea to kick out the Jews. Then filthy rich Arabic land owners sold to Jews for above top dollar. The Jews gladly paid and bought their land, Palestinians are just a propaganda tool for Arabs to keep Jews out of the holy lands."-CountChechula

This one makes number 9 due to the fact that the Arabs were actually living there first. The Brittish decided to move Jews here after World War 2 and gave the Jewish state of Israel home rule much like how after the Civil War the US created a nation of freed slaves in Africa called Liberia. Though they ended up enslaving the real Africans, but that's another story.

8. "English is not derived from Latin, do your research. I wonder what dialect is used by the British - which actually stemmed from Australians, and why it sounds like a better form of English."- Aerogant
Here Aerogant is just wrong. A majority of the modern English languages actually come from Latin. Like the word la ropa (spanish) is related to the Latin version of Robe, which means to cloth. So la ropa is a clothing article.

7. "Hitler did nothing wrong."-AmericanFacist.

So I guess Hitler didn't kill millions of Jews right?

6. "He looks like a pleasant young man from Uruguay, yet beneath that pleasant exterior lies the cold heart of a vampire. It is rumored that in Liverpool the bat population has increased and the same is happening in Barcelona. Coincidence? I think not. Lets get the stakes and pitchforks and go chase him down."- iamanatheistandthisiswhy

I pretty sure he only had a few anger issues in that game, but just because he was anger doesn't mean the man is a vampyre. Speaking of cold I think hell froze over for this next one.

5. "Why is it that American's can't just go along with killing all the Jews? Oh, obviously it's because democracy doesn't work."-RoyLarthum

This here is Roy responding to the US not extending welfare benefits, but agreeing to give Israel another 200 some odd million dollars in funding. In all of this though I don't see how the fact that the US helping another democracy in Israel is showing democracy not working.

4. "Atheists Are Worse than The Devil"-Sovergngracereigns

It appears like someone has been watching the Water Boy a little to much. Now I may be Catholic, but not to this extreme. I believe that atheists need to believe in God, but I don't believe that they are worse than the devil.

3. "Life is about being destroyed; if you do not destroy your stupidity, then what is life?" Aerogant

This is a contradicting statement. Life is creation while death is destruction. Creation=/=destruction.

2. "Seeing how much these two have in common, I thought I'd ask. Personally, while I know Hitler made a few mistakes, I don't think what he did compares to the pain and misery Obama has brought upon the world."-TRUECHRISTIAN

Once again. I'm may be anti-Obama, but I don't think that he is anywhere close to being or being worse than Hitler.

1. "Think about it. Where do babies get their strength from? Obviously not the egg. Women are weak. Semen, which fertilizes the egg, gives the fetus its strength. So by that logic, I should inject semen into my veins, which will make me more masculine and therefore stronger."-Lord Grae

Sexism and just pure ew.

Best of the Best
LogicalLunatic vs. Lord Grae
http://www.debate.org...

The Weekly Win
Anthropogenic Climate Change Exists
brant.merrell vs. RoyLarthum
http://www.debate.org...

You reused an old quote from me that you've used before. Not to mention that I was just trolling.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2014 7:06:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Spam bump.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2014 12:18:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/8/2014 11:11:18 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I demand to make it on this list! I'm way more awesome than these arseholes!

That was one of my goals for a long time. Finally one of my comments got picked up:

"If you are ugly, blame your parents. It's their fault for not choosing a more attractive mate." I made it to #3 with that one. I'm content with that. Good luck in your quest.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
NiamC
Posts: 905
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2014 12:41:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/11/2014 12:18:17 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 8/8/2014 11:11:18 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I demand to make it on this list! I'm way more awesome than these arseholes!

That was one of my goals for a long time. Finally one of my comments got picked up:

"If you are ugly, blame your parents. It's their fault for not choosing a more attractive mate." I made it to #3 with that one. I'm content with that. Good luck in your quest.

lol, congrats
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 5:34:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/11/2014 12:18:17 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 8/8/2014 11:11:18 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I demand to make it on this list! I'm way more awesome than these arseholes!

That was one of my goals for a long time. Finally one of my comments got picked up:

"If you are ugly, blame your parents. It's their fault for not choosing a more attractive mate." I made it to #3 with that one. I'm content with that. Good luck in your quest.

Yeah I get several messages from people reporting themselves for the Weekly Stupid. Yah can't troll the Weekly Stupid, but the Weekly Stupid can troll you.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 8:10:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/12/2014 5:34:01 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 8/11/2014 12:18:17 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 8/8/2014 11:11:18 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I demand to make it on this list! I'm way more awesome than these arseholes!

That was one of my goals for a long time. Finally one of my comments got picked up:

"If you are ugly, blame your parents. It's their fault for not choosing a more attractive mate." I made it to #3 with that one. I'm content with that. Good luck in your quest.

Yeah I get several messages from people reporting themselves for the Weekly Stupid. Yah can't troll the Weekly Stupid, but the Weekly Stupid can troll you.

Lol, luckily I didn't have to do that. My Eugenics rant found MassiveDump's eye and that part in particular just touched him I suppose. What's the funniest is that in the episode he ultimately agrees with me, but reprimands me for saying that aloud when it's rude, lol.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 7:44:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Recent bump for BSH1
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 8:03:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/8/2014 9:39:50 AM, lannan13 wrote:
We're back after another amazing week. Last week we saw iheartnk finially lose in terms of the Best of the Best to LogicalLunatic, so let's see how this week's batch of contestants do.





8. "English is not derived from Latin, do your research. I wonder what dialect is used by the British - which actually stemmed from Australians, and why it sounds like a better form of English."- Aerogant
Here Aerogant is just wrong. A majority of the modern English languages actually come from Latin. Like the word la ropa (spanish) is related to the Latin version of Robe, which means to cloth. So la ropa is a clothing article.

Some comes from Latin. However, English is not a Romantic language such as Italian and Spanish that share a Latin base. More tends to come from Greek and an old German-like dialect.
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 8:51:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
eh. Roy is usually the smartest person around.Even defeated ima about a quote he said that made it into the Weekly stupid.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 10:28:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/8/2014 11:06:20 AM, Aerogant wrote:
Clearly you don't understand the inter-relationship between creation and destruction, even though Mankind continues to demonstrate that they can create by destroying; destroy by creating.

Ah, you're such a fool. Is it inaccurate to say that you remind me of a monkey which wears a monocle? You don't even know what you're saying! I do. That's why your paper-clip wings get shot down by me time after time again.

Perhaps you should take me out before you continue to make a grand fool out of yourself, as I'm sure there are other legitimately stupid people which belong in #3, like you for example.

Resorting to insults = loss
Ashton
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 10:47:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Are you serious with putting me on here?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 10:57:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I mean, did you read the other comments? I thought it was pretty clear that I was in no way sure of how it started.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...