Jump to topic:

What if...

Dr_Obvious
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 11:35:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Let's have a little bit of fun. I want to hear some whacky ideas for the origin of the universe. I'll go first. See if you can top this.

There is something called the black hole theory. Basically it claims that the universe came from a black hole. Where this black hole came form, no one can tell us. It got me to thinking. What if they're on to something? What if our universe is nothing but a cosmic turd? That could explain why everything is so messed up.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 11:37:50 AM
At 8/12/2014 11:35:12 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
Let's have a little bit of fun. I want to hear some whacky ideas for the origin of the universe. I'll go first. See if you can top this.

There is something called the black hole theory. Basically it claims that the universe came from a black hole. Where this black hole came form, no one can tell us. It got me to thinking. What if they're on to something? What if our universe is nothing but a cosmic turd? That could explain why everything is so messed up.

No. That hypothesis doesn't explain anything.
Dr_Obvious
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 11:46:28 AM
At 8/12/2014 11:37:50 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

It doesn't have to explain anything. This is just for fun. Maybe you didn't get it. Black hole? Turd? Get it? Arf arf.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 12:09:03 PM
At 8/12/2014 11:46:28 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/12/2014 11:37:50 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

It doesn't have to explain anything.

Uhm. That's not what you said:

"That could explain why everything is so messed up."

And the response is, no it couldn't.

This is just for fun. Maybe you didn't get it. Black hole? Turd? Get it? Arf arf.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 2:28:48 PM

We are just a cycle. Things have already occured in the universe and we are just destined to live everything over and over again. The Big Bang to the Big Crunch and then the Big Bang again. It is a viccious cycle and we will never escape it. Reality is like a video game that God is addicted to playing so that when the game is over he restarts it and plays it again from the begining.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 2:48:12 PM
At 8/12/2014 2:28:48 PM, lannan13 wrote:

We are just a cycle. Things have already occured in the universe and we are just destined to live everything over and over again. The Big Bang to the Big Crunch and then the Big Bang again. It is a viccious cycle and we will never escape it. Reality is like a video game that God is addicted to playing so that when the game is over he restarts it and plays it again from the begining.

Ever played Civ?

The Universe is just a very, very sophisticated life simulator, played by inter-dimensional beings so vastly superior to us that our very existence is just statistics on a leaderboard.

How creepy would THAT be?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 2:57:43 PM
At 8/12/2014 2:48:12 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:

Ever played Civ?

The Universe is just a very, very sophisticated life simulator, played by inter-dimensional beings so vastly superior to us that our very existence is just statistics on a leaderboard.

What if we're just a computer game that God is playing and that God is just some nerd sitting at a computer all Day playing this game. His name really isn't God, but that is his username.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 2:58:29 PM
At 8/12/2014 2:57:43 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Ever played Civ?

What if we're just a computer game that God is playing and that God is just some nerd sitting at a computer all Day playing this game. His name really isn't God, but that is his username.

We all live in constant fear of the "great reset"
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 2:59:39 PM
At 8/12/2014 2:58:29 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:

Ever played Civ?

Possibly, but what if the reset button is just the Big Crunch. This will be fallowed by another Big Bang and we are forever destined to relive our lives in this video game that God is playing.

The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 3:00:15 PM
At 8/12/2014 2:59:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Ever played Civ?

Possibly, but what if the reset button is just the Big Crunch. This will be fallowed by another Big Bang and we are forever destined to relive our lives in this video game that God is playing.

The ultimate groundhog day/existence.
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 3:00:54 PM
At 8/12/2014 3:00:15 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:

Ever played Civ?

let's hope it's not like that.... o.0
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 3:01:21 PM
At 8/12/2014 3:00:15 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:

Ever played Civ?

That's possible. There infinite possiblilites just like the Infinite Monkey Theory.

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 8:10:12 AM

There is a creator God, this God has a fondness for black holes and thus creates a universe with just the right conditions in order to permit black holes.

Although it finds one of the accidental outcomes of this universe (humans) hilarious as they go around thinking the universe was designed just for them as they live their miserable lives just fighting to live another day in a universe that is hostile to their well being.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
miraculous
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 12:54:17 PM

'Reality is like a video game.' That reminded me of a quote I used to adore a while back, quite nostalgic. It goes, 'Reality is like a video game; the graphics rock but the storyline sucks.'
If I went back in time and murdered my grandmother, therefor preventing my existence, then who killed my grandmother?