Jump to topic:

Thoughts on Death and Life

Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 6:23:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This may be a benign nonsensical idea, but I just think it's odd that we can see the dead. For example, take Robin Williams, he is dead. Yet we can watch his movies, see his stand up acts etc. we can see him living, alive. Personally I feel weird looking at footage of a person I know is dead. Sort of like the Latin term "Don't speak ill of the dead". I know movies etc. aren't speaking ill but in the back of my mind I can't help but think "that person is dead ..."

What does that mean? In our modern age we have hordes of video evidence of our lives yet when we die, do we simply become what is recorded? Sure friends and family have memories, but they die too. Perhaps this is how legends and myths are born.

This is not a question meant evoke a philosophical debate, just what is life after death? I'd like this to be a space where the living can examine the unknown, death. Hell, even question me on my irrational view of footage of the dead.

(please I ask when quoting don't include the entire quote, just respond to what is relevant. Nothing I hate more on the forums is a giant text of gray followed by a 2 sentence response.)