Jump to topic:

Power to change one thing in our world

miraculous
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 1:06:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If you had the power or influence to change the society we live in, or the environment, what would you modify and why? It doesn't have to be anything grim or solemn, heck you could wish for humans to have the ability to fly if you wanted.
If I went back in time and murdered my grandmother, therefor preventing my existence, then who killed my grandmother?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 4:44:59 PM
At 8/16/2014 1:06:24 PM, miraculous wrote:
If you had the power or influence to change the society we live in, or the environment, what would you modify and why? It doesn't have to be anything grim or solemn, heck you could wish for humans to have the ability to fly if you wanted.

I would make being intellectually dishonest a capitol offense. That would solve all the rest of the problems.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 7:27:16 PM
Make everybody generous. (Not to the abnegation-extreme. of course, just to an extent to solve all these problems)
-No war
-Less factories (generosity to nature)
-No poverty
-No (world) hunger
-No people against gay marriage
-No murder (people are generous=they forgive)
-Less drugs and smoking (people will prob still do some if forced to under extreme. Maybe. There might be no drugs or smoking)
-No need to steal
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
neptune1bond
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 2:53:08 AM

I would greatly increase the empathy of human beings for all other living things, primarily starting with other human beings, then with animals, and lastly with plants. Through this all the problems (that actually matter) would be solved.
miraculous
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 11:17:33 AM
At 8/16/2014 7:27:16 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
Make everybody generous. (Not to the abnegation-extreme. of course, just to an extent to solve all these problems)
-No war
-Less factories (generosity to nature)
-No poverty
-No (world) hunger
-No people against gay marriage
-No murder (people are generous=they forgive)
-Less drugs and smoking (people will prob still do some if forced to under extreme. Maybe. There might be no drugs or smoking)
-No need to steal
You really dream big, sir.
If I went back in time and murdered my grandmother, therefor preventing my existence, then who killed my grandmother?
miraculous
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 11:19:20 AM
At 8/16/2014 4:44:59 PM, sadolite wrote:

I would make being intellectually dishonest a capitol offense. That would solve all the rest of the problems.
There would be no purpose of law firms haha.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 7:41:45 PM
At 8/17/2014 11:19:20 AM, miraculous wrote:
At 8/16/2014 4:44:59 PM, sadolite wrote:

There would be no purpose of law firms haha.

Intellectual dishonesty is the only reason the legal profession exists and they are the epitome of intellectual dishonesty.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Gump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 11:45:18 PM
If we didn't have Christianity we would have jet packs, so you know what I would get rid of.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 1:40:14 PM
I would erase the influence of race on the world, so that a black would look upon a white, and a white upon a black and see no more difference that a tall looking upon a short, or a short looking upon a tall.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 3:34:30 PM
At 8/18/2014 1:40:14 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I would erase the influence of race on the world, so that a black would look upon a white, and a white upon a black and see no more difference that a tall looking upon a short, or a short looking upon a tall.

Well said.

Likewise, a heterosexual would look upon a homosexual, and a homosexual upon a heterosexual and consider neither of them to be 'superior' because of orientation.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 4:01:02 PM
At 8/17/2014 2:53:08 AM, neptune1bond wrote:

I would greatly increase the empathy of human beings for all other living things, primarily starting with other human beings, then with animals, and lastly with plants. Through this all the problems (that actually matter) would be solved.

Second the above. A greater sense of compassion and all else falls in line.

When you really think about it, people justify all types of behaviors and thoughts towards others that completely squashes all compassion. When you are compassionate towards others, you don't steal from them, hurt them, horde resources, exclude them, care about their skin color, etc.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 5:14:15 PM
At 8/17/2014 11:45:18 PM, Gump wrote:
If we didn't have Christianity we would have jet packs, so you know what I would get rid of.

ROFL
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 6:08:50 PM
At 8/18/2014 3:34:30 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Well said.

Likewise, a heterosexual would look upon a homosexual, and a homosexual upon a heterosexual and consider neither of them to be 'superior' because of orientation.

It has nothing to do with feelings superiority, but that is what you would like everyone to think.

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 6:11:32 PM
At 8/18/2014 6:08:50 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 8/18/2014 3:34:30 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Well said.

It has nothing to do with feelings superiority, but that is what you would like everyone to think.

I've met people who think like that.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Material_Girl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 6:23:32 PM
I would rather end capitalism and its oppression, exploitation and inequality naturally, through the culmination of class struggle in a revolution and the end of the process of historical materialism, than by wishing it away. So not that one. I'd probably end world hunger, or make healthcare available to everyone all over the world, or give every child an education...darn it, there's too much bad stuff in the world!
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 6:28:32 PM
I'd want us all to be immortal and have the wisdom of Solomon. #Winning
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
miraculous
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 1:59:13 PM
At 8/18/2014 6:28:32 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I'd want us all to be immortal and have the wisdom of Solomon. #Winning
Darn but if everyone was immortal, we can never get rid of people of low intellect. Politicians will continue to thrive and prosper!