Jump to topic:

Is it ok to . . .?

mneme
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2010 5:05:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Okay, this is a random question, and I wasn't really sure where to put it so I figured 'Miscellaneous' was a safe bet.

My district competition was broken into two parts. Part one was yesterday, and everyone in Puf debated eight rounds. They decided top four would break to a final round on Saturday. Now the top four teams were my team, another team from my school, and two teams I'd already beaten in the first eight rounds.

Since I'd already faced two of the teams, the people organizing the tournament paired me against the other team from my school. Does this seem at all fair or even logical to anyone? Can you explain to me why they would do this?
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2010 6:14:24 AM
At 3/12/2010 5:05:33 AM, mneme wrote:
Okay, this is a random question, and I wasn't really sure where to put it so I figured 'Miscellaneous' was a safe bet.

My district competition was broken into two parts. Part one was yesterday, and everyone in Puf debated eight rounds. They decided top four would break to a final round on Saturday. Now the top four teams were my team, another team from my school, and two teams I'd already beaten in the first eight rounds.

Since I'd already faced two of the teams, the people organizing the tournament paired me against the other team from my school. Does this seem at all fair or even logical to anyone? Can you explain to me why they would do this?

yes, it seems fair and logical. The people who organized this wanted everyone to have a chance to debate everyone else. Since all that was left was the same people from your school, they chose you two to debate each other.
collegekitchen7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2010 7:50:08 AM
At 3/12/2010 5:05:33 AM, mneme wrote:
: At 3/24/2010 1:38:15 PM, Mirza wrote:
: But it's human nature. You're born inside your mother, so what's wrong with having some sexual activity with her?

: At 3/18/2010 6:48:05 AM, kelly224 wrote:
: read some credible history books, unplug from the matrix.

: At 3/21/2010 4:13:56 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
: Stocks would not go up 30% over something that hasn't even happened yet.

: At 3/21/2010 6:06:10 PM, banker wrote:
: It apears you have a wierd grasp of english..! its only second to