Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

messed up world

Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2010 9:52:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
IT STARTS WITH A "T" CAN ANYONE GUESS?

notallcaps.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2010 9:54:52 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
"Johnny, what does Cody win?"

"Um, bragging rights?"

"He already has freedom of speech though."

"Okay, bragging reasons."
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2010 10:06:25 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Name a bigger one?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2010 10:08:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/15/2010 10:07:54 AM, JBlake wrote:
At 3/15/2010 9:52:31 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
IT STARTS WITH A "T" CAN ANYONE GUESS?

notallcaps.

Texas?

Nice rearrangement there.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
collegekitchen7
Posts: 974
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2010 10:21:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/15/2010 10:06:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Name a bigger one?

Banker
: At 3/24/2010 1:38:15 PM, Mirza wrote:
: But it's human nature. You're born inside your mother, so what's wrong with having some sexual activity with her?

: At 3/18/2010 6:48:05 AM, kelly224 wrote:
: read some credible history books, unplug from the matrix.

: At 3/21/2010 4:13:56 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
: Stocks would not go up 30% over something that hasn't even happened yet.

: At 3/21/2010 6:06:10 PM, banker wrote:
: It apears you have a wierd grasp of english..! its only second to
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2010 10:23:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Banker is one little dude that no one but you even notices that often.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2010 10:24:03 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/15/2010 10:06:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Name a bigger one?

How are the taxes themselves the worst thing? Wouldn't it be the motive behind the taxes? Or the system that allows taxes? The ideology for it? The actual act of 'taking' the taxes? The incentive for taxes? The people who do the 'stealing' maybe? The idea of taxes themselves can't be the worst thing, so it has to be the actual stealing (what you think taxes do) so in that case wouldn't it be theft that's the worst thing?
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2010 10:24:51 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/15/2010 10:06:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Name a bigger one?

Also, I do think that the effects of religion on balance are worse than the effects of taxes.
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2010 10:31:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/15/2010 10:24:03 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 3/15/2010 10:06:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Name a bigger one?

How are the taxes themselves the worst thing? Wouldn't it be the motive behind the taxes?
There's more than one motive.

Or the system that allows taxes?
More than one system.

The ideology for it? The actual act of 'taking' the taxes? The incentive for taxes? The people who do the 'stealing' maybe?
You see the drill above.

The idea of taxes themselves can't be the worst thing, so it has to be the actual stealing (what you think taxes do) so in that case wouldn't it be theft that's the worst thing?
I suppose it depends on what level of specificity you want. But taxes are the worst kind of theft. It's not reall much different to say that taxes are the main reason the world is messed up and theft is why they are bad, than it is to say that theft is the main reason the world is messed up, it's just switching the broadness of your category.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2010 10:32:19 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Also, I do think that the effects of religion on balance are worse than the effects of taxes.
Religion can exist without harming anyone but those that choose to partake of it (in other words the harms are just).

The same can't be said of... guess what...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2010 10:38:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/15/2010 10:31:27 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

But taxes are the worst kind of theft. It's not really much different to say that taxes are the main reason the world is messed up and theft is why they are bad, than it is to say that theft is the main reason the world is messed up, it's just switching the broadness of your category.

Why are taxes the worst kind of theft? If NY State stole a million dollars from me, that might go toward fixing a few potholes, feeding a few homeless people, paying the salary of some cop, and sure - maybe winding up in the hands of some money grubbing politician. If Bernie Madoff stole a million dollars from me, I wouldn't get anything out of it nor would a less fortunate (someone like the homeless) get anything out of it. Just that f*cker Madoff would... and maybe the company that built the yacht he bought. But anyway, you see why I disagree that taxes are the worst form of theft. As far as the broadness of the theft category, well, there's different kinds of theft I guess. I don't think taxes are the worst kind, obviously.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2010 10:39:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/15/2010 10:32:19 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Also, I do think that the effects of religion on balance are worse than the effects of taxes.
Religion can exist without harming anyone but those that choose to partake of it (in other words the harms are just).

The same can't be said of... guess what...

... Yeah, that's why I said the EFFECTS of religion I think on balance are worse than the effects of taxes. Taxes can be awful, but they don't cause mass genocides, wars, instill ridiculous hate, hinder social progression and especially science / the quest for truth, etc.
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2010 10:40:34 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/15/2010 10:38:37 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 3/15/2010 10:31:27 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

But taxes are the worst kind of theft. It's not really much different to say that taxes are the main reason the world is messed up and theft is why they are bad, than it is to say that theft is the main reason the world is messed up, it's just switching the broadness of your category.

Why are taxes the worst kind of theft?
They are sanctioned by the biggest power around and therefore the hardest to get rid of.

If Bernie Madoff stole a million dollars from me, I wouldn't get anything out of it
You'd be more likely to be able to stop it.

nor would a less fortunate (someone like the homeless) get anything out of it.
Why would I give a flying **** at a donut?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2010 10:44:18 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/15/2010 10:39:54 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 3/15/2010 10:32:19 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Also, I do think that the effects of religion on balance are worse than the effects of taxes.
Religion can exist without harming anyone but those that choose to partake of it (in other words the harms are just).

The same can't be said of... guess what...

... Yeah, that's why I said the EFFECTS of religion I think on balance are worse than the effects of taxes. Taxes can be awful, but they don't cause mass genocides, wars, instill ridiculous hate, hinder social progression and especially science / the quest for truth, etc.

I can think of at least one war caused by taxes, and quite a bit of hate a hindering social progression, science, etc. The only reason it doesn't tend qualify for genocide is because when taxes reach a "mass murder" level ( a la Soviet Union or previous China) they don't tend to racially discriminate too much, although I've heard funky things about some stuff on the northeastern end of the Soviet Union.

And I'm pretty sure religion as such doesn't cause any of those things except a cease of the quest for truth in those who are gripped by it. Also, without the power to tax there is very little one can gather to fund such operations, why do you think Muhammed had his jizya and the medieval Church had their mandatory tithes?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
collegekitchen7
Posts: 974
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2010 11:51:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/15/2010 10:23:44 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Banker is one little dude that no one but you even notices that often.

At 3/15/2010 6:39:40 AM, banker wrote:
Mirza your accusation against anyone that he hides from your refutation is comical..!
Islam is a religion proved to be headed by a loser..!!

Even osama is not able to do anything victorious.!! Just look at 9/11 osama wanted to win he had to hire jews..!!

Every one is aware that 9/11 was done by bush and jews..!

So whom are they fooling when screaming the moon gods name alah akbar.? Bush and jews where akbar..!!

The palastinian arafat who started the opposition was realy jewish.!! Otherwise muslims would not trust his success..!!

Also achmedinijad is jewish..!!

The real leaders are aware that a moon got is not able to create victory...!!

Only some kids like mizra are fooled...!!

you were saying?
: At 3/24/2010 1:38:15 PM, Mirza wrote:
: But it's human nature. You're born inside your mother, so what's wrong with having some sexual activity with her?

: At 3/18/2010 6:48:05 AM, kelly224 wrote:
: read some credible history books, unplug from the matrix.

: At 3/21/2010 4:13:56 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
: Stocks would not go up 30% over something that hasn't even happened yet.

: At 3/21/2010 6:06:10 PM, banker wrote:
: It apears you have a wierd grasp of english..! its only second to