Jump to topic:

A little rant about the forums

SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 3:06:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am tired of taking my time, looking into people's arguments/points, writing a well informed reply, and then getting an ignorant reply. I take time to write some of those posts. I take time out of my life to try and respond to you. If you won't even take a little time to write your own reply, then there is no point in continuing our debate/conversation.

If someone takes the time to write an intelligent, coherent post, then at least be nice enough to take time to do the same. If you won't bother to take the time, then don't respond.

If you won't take that time, then I won't reply to you.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 7:07:07 PM
I agree that the posts are getting shorter all the time, but that doesn't mean it is a bad thing, you are the one choosing to write your whole life story in 8000 characters or less, that Is not our problem that is yours.

Just because the length of post is getting shorter does not mean it is any less relevant to the topic at hand, this is just your honest opinion of the forums which nobody really cares about otherwise they would have responded.

I am writing this because you actually to the time to address this topic, but you should really keep these sort of things to yourself, because with you voicing your opinion like this they will make their posts shorter just to annoy you.

Did you no put any thought into your post at all, did you not think of the repercussions this will make for you when you are talking to people later on?
How come when I hit review it sometimes adds my post without me clicking add post?
Does this happen to other people?

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
Learn to use emoticons DDO.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 8:59:10 PM
At 9/14/2014 3:06:13 PM, SNP1 wrote:
I am tired of taking my time, looking into people's arguments/points, writing a well informed reply, and then getting an ignorant reply. I take time to write some of those posts. I take time out of my life to try and respond to you. If you won't even take a little time to write your own reply, then there is no point in continuing our debate/conversation.

If someone takes the time to write an intelligent, coherent post, then at least be nice enough to take time to do the same. If you won't bother to take the time, then don't respond.

https://www.youtube.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 9:12:13 PM

But in all seriousness, there are two kinds of people who come to DDO and post in the forums: those who are here to exchange ideas, and those who are not. TheMoralCompass is decidedly of the latter category, and that has certain implications. First and most significant among them is that there is, nor will there be, any "give and take" when talking with him, as there is with most other rational human beings. But, that is because he is not a rational human being -and accepting that would suggest that he and all those like him be (1) ignored, and (2) silently, severely judged from afar.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 8:10:44 PM

I know what you mean brother I know what you mean
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%