American Politics Mafia Day Phase 3

wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2010 8:14:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Game Changes
1. InsertNameHere has replaced cult-logic.
2. True2Gaga has replaced Immortal.

The To-Replace list:
1. DontBeRacist
2. Untitled_Entity
3. wonderwoman

Story 1
Central News Network
KENNEDY MIRACLE
Morticians preparing Senator Ted Kennedy's body for burial were shocked and surprised to see him open his eyes. "It was exhilarating. We thought he was a zombie." The Senator spent the night in the hospital and made a full recovery.

Story 2
Comedy Central
SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE
Well, last night, Barack Obama was caught with his head up his <but> once again.
Seriously, he's up there acting like he's the Messiah or something. "All of America is dying because they can't pay their medical bills, but if you follow me, you will be saved." People buy into this stuff! All yall out there need to stop electing guys who can't even add up the states. Then we'll get the bailout, eh?

Story 3
The New York Times
PRESIDENT IMPEACHED
Dick Cheney, elected yesterday, was determined incompetent and impeached. He will likely be remembered as the worst president to ever live.

Story 4
The New York Times
INFLUENTIAL INVESTOR POISONED
Warren Buffet was found dead yesterday at his estate in California. It appears he was poisoned while eating, but investigators have not found any suspects.

Story 5
The New York Times
MODERATE FROM MAINE ASSASSINATED
Senator Susan Collins was killed last night in her sleep. The assassin appears to have replaced her medication with cyanide. The FBI has yet to report any leads.

Dead Players
InsertNameHere: Osama Bin Laden = Terrorist = Has a one-shot suicide kill on any player. If she kills a Godfather, she wins.
(died using her ability)
Nags: George Bush = Paranoid Mafia Cop = Mafia Cop; everyone that he investigates is a Bomb. Republican at time of death.
(died via Terrorist)
Askbob: Bill Clinton = Miller = Townie, guilty when investigated
(died via DP1 election)
Belle: ACORN = Politician = Can steal one player's vote per day phase. Libertarian at time of death.
(died during NP1, drove off a bridge)
Cherymenthol: Monica Lewinski = Framing Role Blocker = Rolebloker; everybody she targets is investigated as guilty for the rest of the game.
(died during NP1, reputation destroyed)
Reasoning: Dick Cheney = Paranoid Gun Owner = "Accidentally" kills anyone who targets him, though he is still affected
(died via DP2 election)
mongeese: Warren Buffet = Benefactor Agent = On a night phase, can grant another player a second vote in the next day phase; can also send anonymous messages to other players through the mod PM
(died during NP2, poisoned)
True2Gaga (Immortal): Barack Obama = Godfather = Innocent; decides mafia kill. Democrat at time of death.
(died during NP2, reputation destroyed)
Comoncents: Susan Collins = Mason Doctor = Can protect one player from night kills per night.
(died during NP2, poisoned)

States:
Confirmedville
20.Clockwork

Kalimdor
25. Nails
7. Untitled_Entity
23. Oceanix
6. philosophical
8. wonderwoman
11. InsertNameHere (formerly cult-logic)
3. Askbob (formerly alex_hanson911)
(17. Cherymenthol)
22. Ragnar_Rahl

Atlantis
2. JBlake
(14. mongeese)
(10. comoncents)
15. Ournamestoolong
(21. True2Gaga (formerly Immortal))
(30. askbob)
(29. InsertNameHere)
(1. Reasoning)

TheIsland108
5. mongoose
4. BellumQuodPacis
27. SportsGuru
28. Zetsubuo
26. Rezzealaux
(16. Nags)

Abbey Road
12. Koopin
13. Puck
19. DontBeRacist
18. Kahvan
9. Ghostwriter
(24. Belle)

Notes:
1. Players in parenthesis are dead and do not count for majority.
2. The Day Phase ends Friday, April 2nd, at 7 PM CST.
3. Lol @ Atlantis
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2010 8:30:17 PM
lol @ 57 states

Who's suspicious now?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2010 8:48:44 PM
Wasn't acer on the list?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2010 8:49:45 PM
Nevermind, misread purpose of the list. Why don't you replace them already? Inactives are killing us.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2010 9:40:55 PM
At 3/27/2010 9:26:02 PM, philosphical wrote:
I am not quite sure I understand story #1. Has someone been revived?

RR (vig). We now have our vigilante back.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 7:45:05 AM
The inactive people really need to be replaced. I can't tell if they are simply lurking or have just lost interest.

Isn't this the second time in a row Truegaga was the Mafia Godfather?
kfc
collegekitchen8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 8:20:51 AM
At 3/27/2010 8:14:03 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Story 1
Central News Network
KENNEDY MIRACLE
Morticians preparing Senator Ted Kennedy's body for burial were shocked and surprised to see him open his eyes. "It was exhilarating. We thought he was a zombie." The Senator spent the night in the hospital and made a full recovery.

We had a reviver who made a good move reviving R_R

Story 2
Comedy Central
SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE
Well, last night, Barack Obama was caught with his head up his <but> once again.
Seriously, he's up there acting like he's the Messiah or something. "All of America is dying because they can't pay their medical bills, but if you follow me, you will be saved." People buy into this stuff! All yall out there need to stop electing guys who can't even add up the states. Then we'll get the bailout, eh?

True2GaGa was killed by some sort of third party (one-shot?) vigilante/Jester

Story 3
The New York Times
PRESIDENT IMPEACHED
Dick Cheney, elected yesterday, was determined incompetent and impeached. He will likely be remembered as the worst president to ever live.

Same term used yesterday when person was a townie and elected to be impeached

Story 4
The New York Times
INFLUENTIAL INVESTOR POISONED
Warren Buffet was found dead yesterday at his estate in California. It appears he was poisoned while eating, but investigators have not found any suspects.

This term poisoned while eating is different than the other explanations of death. This was mongeese

Story 5
The New York Times
MODERATE FROM MAINE ASSASSINATED
Senator Susan Collins was killed last night in her sleep. The assassin appears to have replaced her medication with cyanide. The FBI has yet to report any leads.

This was the mason doctor comoncents. Now we know that we have masons and luckily the recruiter wasn't hit.
: At 3/30/2010 12:57:51 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
: The universe is simple, It all makes sense given laws like gravity and stuff.
collegekitchen8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 8:25:13 AM
At 3/28/2010 7:45:05 AM, Koopin wrote:
The inactive people really need to be replaced. I can't tell if they are simply lurking or have just lost interest.

Also I agree with Koopin, it's really messing up this game for the townies. Heck if Reasoning would have been playing we essentially would have a confirmed bulletproof townie. He might not have been a confirmed townie because that role can be of any allegiance but still. I just have almost finished the last two mafia games and there is a high indication between innocence and post count. Having townies simply not play when they signed up is killing us.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 8:54:20 AM
Untitled_Entity is inactive and her role can no longer win, so she has to be replaced, but it would be unethical to replace her. So, I'm just going to mod-kill her. She had a powerful role in compensation for her difficult win condition, but her inactivity ruined it.

Story 6
The New York Times
THE END OF BIG BROTHER
Congress passed a bill yesterday preventing the abuse of government surveillance and census for political gain. This bill was introduced yesterday following the revelation that the heads of the Census Bureau and Federal Bureau of Investigation were using their power to maintain the present administrations.

Newly Dead Player
Untitled_Entity: Big Brother = Rigging Watcher = can select one player per night and know who visited them; can talk to both mafias (but neither mafia knows that the other is also talked to); wins only if not anyone in one of the mafias die completely and if not anyone in the other mafia survive
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
collegekitchen8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 9:08:29 AM
sweet deal another one bites the dust lol
GhostWriter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 9:48:17 AM
At 3/28/2010 9:08:29 AM, collegekitchen8 wrote:
sweet deal another one bites the dust lol

Sweet double win. Okay, so do we have any leads yet, or are people still in the "in-active" state?
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 10:16:09 AM
Should we start a random lynch / interrogation?
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 10:56:35 AM
At 3/28/2010 10:41:31 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
I suggest JBlake, Atlantis is full of 3rd Party/Mafia.

Finish the group.

So him or ournamestoolong.

RNG has chosen ournamestoolong.

LYNCH OURNAMESTOOLONG
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 10:57:12 AM

Finish the group.

Erm. 4:2 to town.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 10:59:31 AM
At 3/28/2010 10:57:12 AM, Puck wrote:

Finish the group.

Erm. 4:2 to town.

Need to not accept stuff as fact.

LYNCH ZETSUBOU

Stupid liar.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 11:31:43 AM

Finish the group.

The districts are drawn by Clockwork, a member of the game. If the district is drawn that way it was drawn by someone who does not know current players' affiliations.

Basically, lynching me on those grounds is absurd.

Lynch Zetsubou
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 11:58:11 AM
At 3/28/2010 11:54:13 AM, True2GaGa wrote:
InsertNameHere: Osama Bin Laden = Terrorist

Too ironic.

ZOMBIES ARE SPEAKING!!!
kfc