4/3/2010 8:27:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Game Changes
1. Acer replaces DontBeRacist.
2. Mongeese replaces wonderwoman.

Story 1
The New York Times
PRESIDENT IMPEACHED
Arlen Specter, elected yesterday, was determined incompetent and impeached. He will likely be remembered as the worst president to ever live.

Story 2
The New York Times
TEH INTERNETZ ARE INVENTED
There are rumors on the internets that the internets have been invented. These rumors were confirmed when the rumors realized they were on the internets.

Story 3
The New York Times
RON PAUL DROWNS
Ron Paul was found drowned in a river next to an abandoned car. As an objective reporter, I will not speculate as to whose car that was and how similar this was to another death earlier this week.

Story 4
Comedy Central
SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE
The Clinton News, I mean, the Central News Network is trying to be objective, but don't be fooled. I'd get a more objective report from Colbert. At least he doesn't confuse Coast Guard drills with assassination attempts.

Story 5
The New York Times
MAJORITY LEADER DEAD
House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, accused a few days ago of gerrymandering, was found unconscious in his car. He died in transit to the hospital. Medical professionals believe that he ingested poison.

Story 6
The New York Times
SNOWE MISSING, FOUND
Olympia Snowe went missing last night, but her body was found not too far from a country road in Maine. It is speculated that she died by strangulation, but no evidence as to the identity of the killer has been found.

Dead Players:
InsertNameHere: Osama Bin Laden = Terrorist = Has a one-shot suicide kill on any player. If she kills a Godfather, she wins.
(died using her ability)
Nags: George Bush = Paranoid Mafia Cop = Mafia Cop; everyone that he investigates is a Bomb. Republican at time of death.
(died via Terrorist)
Askbob: Bill Clinton = Miller = Townie, guilty when investigated
(died via DP1 election)
Belle: ACORN = Politician = Can steal one player's vote per day phase. Libertarian at time of death.
(died during NP1, drove off a bridge)
Cherymenthol: Monica Lewinski = Framing Role Blocker = Rolebloker; everybody she targets is investigated as guilty for the rest of the game.
(died during NP1, reputation destroyed)
Reasoning: Dick Cheney = Paranoid Gun Owner = "Accidentally" kills anyone who targets him, though he is still affected
(died via DP2 election)
mongeese: Warren Buffet = Benefactor Agent = On a night phase, can grant another player a second vote in the next day phase; can also send anonymous messages to other players through the mod PM
(died during NP2, poisoned)
True2Gaga (Immortal): Barack Obama = Godfather = Innocent; decides mafia kill. Democrat at time of death.
(died during NP2, reputation destroyed)
Comoncents: Susan Collins = Mason Doctor = Can protect one player from night kills per night.
(died during NP2, poisoned)
Untitled_Entity 30. Big Brother = Rigging Watcher = can select one player per night and know who visited them; can talk to both mafias (but neither mafia knows that the other is also talked to); wins if not anyone in one of the mafias die and if not anyone in the other mafia survive
(died during DP3, modkilled)
Zetsubou: Arlen Specter = Survivior = Has the lone goal of surviving the game
(died via DP3 election)
Puck: Ron Paul = Cult Leader = Cult; can recruit one player every odd-numbered night; Libertarian at time of death
(died during NP3, drove off a bridg)
Nails: CNN = Jack of all trades = Has the following one-time abilities: Kill, protect, investigate, roleblock, revive, recruit, pardon, watch, track
(died during NP3, reputation destroyed)
Clockwork: Tom DeLay = Gerrymander Townie = Townie; can rearrange the townies into 5 equal groups on even night Phases
(died during NP3, poisoned)
Rezzealaux: Olympia Snowe = Mason Cop = Can investigate one player per night
(died during NP3, strangled)

States:
(Confirmedville)
(20.Clockwork)

Kalimdor
(25. Nails)
(7. Untitled_Entity)
23. Oceanix
6. philosophical
8. mongeese (formerly wonderwoman)
11. InsertNameHere (formerly cult-logic)
3. Askbob (formerly alex_hanson911)
(17. Cherymenthol)
22. Ragnar_Rahl

Atlantis
2. JBlake
(14. mongeese)
(10. comoncents)
15. Ournamestoolong
(21. True2Gaga (formerly Immortal))
(30. askbob)
(29. InsertNameHere)
(1. Reasoning)

TheIsland108
5. mongoose
4. BellumQuodPacis
27. SportsGuru
(28. Zetsubuo)
(26. Rezzealaux)
(16. Nags)

Abbey Road
12. Koopin
(13. Puck)
19. Acer (formerly DontBeRacist)
18. Kahvan
9. Ghostwriter
(24. Belle)

Notes:
1. Players and states in parenthesis are dead and do not count for majority.
2. Today's election is between the candidates Oceanix and Ragnar_Rahl.
3. The Day Phase ends Friday, April 9th, at 7 PM CST.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2010 8:59:05 PM
At 4/3/2010 8:27:41 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Does this mean that we can only lynch one of these two?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2010 9:13:35 PM
I hope not.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2010 9:21:40 PM
Btw unless WJM says those aren't the rules and the vote is for somebody else, NOBODY VOTE until your friendly neighborhood confirmed townie sorts somethin out.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
collegekitchen9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2010 10:43:19 PM
wait wtf how is this many people dying? And what is with the election thing? wjm explain.
Collegekitchen/askbob said: "we should monitor politicians spending"

Volkov responded "wat controlling and monitoring government spendin is zactly like Big Brother!"

: : At 3/30/2010 6:44:38 AM, belle wrote:
: : : At 3/29/2010 7:19:19 PM, wjmelements wrote:
: : : I think I have an irregular heartbeat.
: :
: : you're going to die.

: At 4/3/2010 6:33:02 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
: I think people care about what I think

no
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 5:55:08 AM
At 3/21/2010 5:18:24 PM, wjmelements wrote:
The New York Times
Letters to the Editor
There are people out there that want to get rid of the Electoral College. Who are they to suggest such a thing? Are they questioning the wisdom of our founding fathers? I'd like to let them know that the Electoral College system protects state's rights, and state's rights are the only thing keeping this country from becoming a dictatorship. You're either for the constitution or for dictatorship.
Signed,
Robert

I'm going to control you and make you vote for certain people.

uh, what?
acer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 7:59:05 AM
Plus, it is kind of hard to not make mafia a dictatorship. Whether he says so or not, he pretty much was a totalitarian from the start.
acer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 8:01:40 AM
Anyway, considering that wjm specifically stated that we can only choose one out of two people to lynch, does anyone have any ideas or suspicions?
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 8:04:32 AM
At 4/4/2010 8:01:40 AM, acer wrote:
Anyway, considering that wjm specifically stated that we can only choose one out of two people to lynch, does anyone have any ideas or suspicions?

Of the two guys he listed or of everyone?
kfc
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 8:08:57 AM

We know that RR is the vigilante, and at least WAS on the town's side. However, given all of the possible recruitment, he may not be now. I don't believe we know anything about Oceanix. If we do, I have forgotten. Anybody know?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
acer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 8:30:25 AM
At 4/4/2010 8:08:57 AM, mongoose wrote:

We know that RR is the vigilante, and at least WAS on the town's side. However, given all of the possible recruitment, he may not be now. I don't believe we know anything about Oceanix. If we do, I have forgotten. Anybody know?

Your right, he did not post much during the last day phase.
acer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 8:32:30 AM
I really don't know his previous game strategy and have no intention of looking it up. Anyway, he(oceanix) might be not posting much just to avoid suspicion, meaning he could be affiliated with mafia or he is a role that if investigated, is guilty.
acer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 8:35:49 AM
Also, if RR was recruited and he is known to be the vigilante, what would that make him. I mean, he wouldn't be a vigilante anymore.

I am pretty sure that he was not part of a group in phase 3 as he asked in the general thread to get him up to date with the events. If he was in a group, he would probably ask them instead of asking the general population.

Any more ideas?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 9:31:56 AM
At 4/3/2010 8:59:05 PM, JBlake wrote:

Does this mean that we can only lynch one of these two?

Public Clarification
Yes.
ournamestoolong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 10:02:08 AM
My thoughts on who to lynch:

Rangar: Not extremely suspicious, but given his role, it is likely he could've been recruited.

Oceanix: Inactive, not helping the town much.
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 10:09:33 AM
Sigh. Oceanix is a townie and so am I. I was surprised I didn't get recruited by the mafia, but I guess the masons beat them to it. they beat my kill, which is a good thing too, because I was gonna kill Oceanix before I was masoned up (which is why I killed Puck, the mason's choice of target). There are other masons, but I don't think it wise to reveal them since they are on the chopping block.

Clarification WJM, is a NOLYNCH possible?

If it is not possible, we'll have to go oceanix because I am a vigilante and he is not. But a NOLYNCH is the preferred choice unfortunately due to this two party system crap.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 10:10:09 AM
There are other masons, but I don't think it wise to reveal them since they *would be* on the *mafia's* chopping block.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 10:19:17 AM
At 4/4/2010 10:09:33 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Clarification WJM, is a NOLYNCH possible?

Public Clarification
A no lynch can occur in an electoral college system if nobody votes or if a majority in a majority of the states votes "No Lynch".
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 10:24:20 AM
Everybody vote no lynch. Anyone who votes anything else is on MAH chopping block.
ournamestoolong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 10:26:24 AM
I vote NoLynch due to lack of evidence.
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
GhostWriter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 12:23:54 PM
At 4/4/2010 10:38:41 AM, JBlake wrote:
Vote Nolynch

We don't have any evidence on oceanix, and apparently ragnar rahl is innocent. Tp avoid killing a townie, I vote NO LYNCH
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 4:51:55 PM
blah nolynch
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.