Jump to topic:

Google Phone Tracker

Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 5:56:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
First off, I have never been into cell phones and I never understand all of the craze every time a new cell phone comes out so excuse my ignorance on how freakishly far technology has come. But I just had a buddy of mine send me a screenshot of his phone app with my location on it. Wow. I have never felt so violated. How do I stop people from being able to track my every move?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 8:59:53 PM
At 9/27/2014 5:56:23 PM, Double_R wrote:
First off, I have never been into cell phones and I never understand all of the craze every time a new cell phone comes out so excuse my ignorance on how freakishly far technology has come. But I just had a buddy of mine send me a screenshot of his phone app with my location on it. Wow. I have never felt so violated. How do I stop people from being able to track my every move?

BOMB the NSA ?

Oh crap I just used the word bomb and a government agency in the same sentence.

Okey listen up "intelligence operative" this was a joke ok ?

Hey remember when we all use to make jokes about soviet Russia and it's secret police and big brother watching you.

Yeah................
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 9:55:56 PM

What? How the heck did he do that????
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 9:04:12 AM
At 9/27/2014 9:55:56 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

I know it has something to do with google phone tracker. I just don't see instructions anywhere to stop people from looking you up. In their FAQ section it says that it is permission only, but that's a load of bull because I never gave anyone permission. I didn't even know google had an app for that.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 10:14:10 AM

When I got my latest iPhone about a month ago, I had the guy at the store turn of the gps feature and also didn't turn on the iCloud storage. Neither of those are good in my opinion. It doesn't matter though, they can access your location and still listen in through your phone even when it is turned off. That's old news though. Basically, there is no anonymity if you have your phone on your body.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 7:10:12 PM
At 10/6/2014 10:14:10 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

When I got my latest iPhone about a month ago, I had the guy at the store turn of the gps feature and also didn't turn on the iCloud storage. Neither of those are good in my opinion. It doesn't matter though, they can access your location and still listen in through your phone even when it is turned off. That's old news though. Basically, there is no anonymity if you have your phone on your body.

I understand that this is old technology and actually have no problem with the fact that it is possible to track my phone and even listen to my conversations, but that's when that ability is restricted to someone who gets paid to keep me safe. It's another thing when my buddy, neighbor, or stalker ex-girlfriend, can just download an app and send me a pic of my location at any time. That I have a problem with.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 7:19:43 PM

Not easily, probably not worth it to you. You'll just have to get used to the fact that if they want you, they know where to find you.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 7:20:34 PM
At 9/27/2014 9:55:56 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

it was a buddy, his buddy knows his name.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 7:21:09 PM
At 10/6/2014 7:19:43 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

Not easily, probably not worth it to you. You'll just have to get used to the fact that if they want you, they know where to find you.

Maybe I prefer to keep my trips to the brothel private.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 7:44:19 PM
At 10/6/2014 7:10:12 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 10/6/2014 10:14:10 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I understand that this is old technology and actually have no problem with the fact that it is possible to track my phone and even listen to my conversations, but that's when that ability is restricted to someone who gets paid to keep me safe. It's another thing when my buddy, neighbor, or stalker ex-girlfriend, can just download an app and send me a pic of my location at any time. That I have a problem with.

True. That is pretty unsettling. I'd just look into a way of turning that feature off.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 9:11:26 PM
At 10/6/2014 7:21:09 PM, Double_R wrote:

Sounds like you are proud of yourself for pacifying your desparation. Whoremonger is the Bible word for you. Sorry to bother you.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 7:15:02 PM
At 10/6/2014 9:11:26 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

Sounds like you are proud of yourself for pacifying your desparation. Whoremonger is the Bible word for you. Sorry to bother you.

What's wrong with brothels? Don't be a hater. Support your local businesses.
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 5:37:31 AM
At 10/7/2014 7:15:02 PM, Double_R wrote:

Basically so long as you are using internet on your phone people can find your location. It is actually quite easy. I could, with some difficulty, find out your location right now.

The point is that the internet has connected everyone, as long as someone is on your "friends" or "accepted" list they can do so legally. :)
Thats why what your friend did was 100% legal; if you got that stalker as an "accepted" then sucks fer you bud. :P
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 7:14:18 PM
At 10/8/2014 5:37:31 AM, Ajabi wrote:

Basically so long as you are using internet on your phone people can find your location. It is actually quite easy. I could, with some difficulty, find out your location right now.

The point is that the internet has connected everyone, as long as someone is on your "friends" or "accepted" list they can do so legally. :)
Thats why what your friend did was 100% legal; if you got that stalker as an "accepted" then sucks fer you bud. :P

So what are you saying, as long as I have friends and an internet connection my every move is trackable? I was reading on the Google FAQ, it says that without permission it is illegal.
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 10:07:21 PM
At 10/8/2014 7:14:18 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 10/8/2014 5:37:31 AM, Ajabi wrote:

So what are you saying, as long as I have friends and an internet connection my every move is trackable? I was reading on the Google FAQ, it says that without permission it is illegal.

As long as you have them on your Google, you give them permission.