Total Posts:52|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I'm heading stateside

I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:06:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
And this is my dream route:

http://maps.google.com...

[Note: It's going NY --> Philly --> D.C.]

This was my original plan for my family's holiday (As they said it was my holiday)

Anyway my Dad wants to be a turd in the punchbowl by taking a detour to Toronto and Niagra falls seeing as we take a stop-off at Toronto due to our Travel Agents arrangements. (Dad it's called Expedia and GoHop lrnsomeinternetz)

And now he's talking about a Fly-Drive where stop off at various New England towns and Amish country (Which I admit would be pretty cool) as well as D.C., Toronto, NY and Philly, the only issue being we get about 2 or less days in each.

Anyway, thoughts and suggestions?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:10:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:06:00 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
And this is my dream route:

http://maps.google.com...

[Note: It's going NY --> Philly --> D.C.]

This was my original plan for my family's holiday (As they said it was my holiday)

Anyway my Dad wants to be a turd in the punchbowl by taking a detour to Toronto and Niagra falls seeing as we take a stop-off at Toronto due to our Travel Agents arrangements. (Dad it's called Expedia and GoHop lrnsomeinternetz)

And now he's talking about a Fly-Drive where stop off at various New England towns and Amish country (Which I admit would be pretty cool) as well as D.C., Toronto, NY and Philly, the only issue being we get about 2 or less days in each.

Anyway, thoughts and suggestions?

Try to eat at every KFC you pass along the way.
kfc
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:17:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Toronto is a sh!thole. Philadelphia is meh, although visiting Amish country seems somewhat educational, I wouldn't want to spend more than a day there though. The Amish get to opt out of Obamacare btw, wtf is that b_llshit? Niagra Falls is terrible. NYC and DC are always fun.

I'd recommend Las Vegas (you're not 18/21 yet) and the Florida Keys, but each location is not in the Northeast, and like I already said, Las Vegas would be funner if you're at least 18. .....My Dad's golfing in Florida right now with some of his friends, and I'm stuck in the suburbs of Boston, thus I am a wee bit pissed.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:22:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:17:59 PM, Nags wrote:
Toronto is a sh!thole. Philadelphia is meh, although visiting Amish country seems somewhat educational, I wouldn't want to spend more than a day there though. The Amish get to opt out of Obamacare btw, wtf is that b_llshit? Niagra Falls is terrible. NYC and DC are always fun.

I'd recommend Las Vegas (you're not 18/21 yet) and the Florida Keys, but each location is not in the Northeast, and like I already said, Las Vegas would be funner if you're at least 18. .....My Dad's golfing in Florida right now with some of his friends, and I'm stuck in the suburbs of Boston, thus I am a wee bit pissed.

I'm not bothering with Vegas until I hit 21. f I wanted a drinking holiday, I'll head to mainland Europe :D. And I've been to Florida 9WEll, Orlando) twice, and my Dad was just there Last week so I think that's ruled out.

But point noted - Cities = Yes | Canada and Natural scenery = No.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:24:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:10:34 PM, Koopin wrote:

Try to eat at every KFC you pass along the way.

Apparently (Now only in Florida KFC) it doesn't have the same menu (E.g. ours has French fries, gravy just as a sauce, etc.; You have mashed potatoes, coleslaw, etc.) but I'll probably cave into some Colonel along the way :D.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:36:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:24:07 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 4/8/2010 4:10:34 PM, Koopin wrote:

Try to eat at every KFC you pass along the way.

Apparently (Now only in Florida KFC) it doesn't have the same menu (E.g. ours has French fries, gravy just as a sauce, etc.; You have mashed potatoes, coleslaw, etc.) but I'll probably cave into some Colonel along the way :D.

Also, Obama clearly took office for his proximity to a KFC

http://tinyurl.com...
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:38:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:30:32 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Toronto is awesome :)

You are trying to appeal now to a 15 year old male interested in History who resents shopping "just to browse".
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:40:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Hey - I'm in Toronto. Toronto's cool. Your dad's got good taste.

But, for your own sake, stay away from Scarborough. Stay. Away.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:41:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:38:06 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 4/8/2010 4:30:32 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Toronto is awesome :)

You are trying to appeal now to a 15 year old male interested in History who resents shopping "just to browse".

Toronto IS awesome, though!
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:41:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:40:39 PM, Volkov wrote:
"Burlington"

You're 30 minutes from Toronto according to the great Google Maps.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:41:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:36:15 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Also, Obama clearly took office for his proximity to a KFC

http://tinyurl.com...

Your link is wrong. http://blogu.lu...

At 4/8/2010 4:38:06 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 4/8/2010 4:30:32 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Toronto is awesome :)

You are trying to appeal now to a 15 year old male interested in History who resents shopping "just to browse".

Vi fails because Toronto (and everything else in Canada) sucks. Panda fails (a lot of people do) because periods and commas always go inside the quotation marks! Goddamnit.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:43:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:41:21 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 4/8/2010 4:40:39 PM, Volkov wrote:
"Burlington"

You're 30 minutes from Toronto according to the great Google Maps.

Yeah, but like I said, if you're going to Niagara Falls, you pass right through Burlington. Its actually best to stop there, because Hamilton is right after, and Hamilton blows.

Besides, I grew up in Toronto. Mean streets of Mimico, word.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:44:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:41:31 PM, Nags wrote:
Vi fails because Toronto (and everything else in Canada) sucks.

Toronto is awesome. Take it back, Boston boy.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:44:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:42:05 PM, Volkov wrote:
And if you're going from Pearson Intl to Niagara Falls, you'll pass right through my quaint little city. :D

I'll remember to bring the Liberalism stuff so we can discuss it.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:45:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:44:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I'll remember to bring the Liberalism stuff so we can discuss it.

Toronto and area is the best place to discuss liberalism too. It's all Liberal. All of it. Except for some sh*tty socialist areas.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:48:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:44:04 PM, Volkov wrote:
Toronto is awesome. Take it back, Boston boy.

Toronto is famous for their wide assortment of maple leafs. Boston is famous for the Celtics, Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins, the great universities (Harvard, MIT, etc), world renowned hospitals, and a rich history. Boston owns.

At 4/8/2010 4:45:41 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 4/8/2010 4:44:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I'll remember to bring the Liberalism stuff so we can discuss it.

Toronto and area is the best place to discuss liberalism too. It's all Liberal. All of it. Except for some sh*tty socialist areas.

I live in Boston, Massachusetts. The most liberal and Democratic state in the country. Democrats make up about 98.7% (made-up statistic) of Boston. Republicans get lynched.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:49:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:48:20 PM, Nags wrote:
At 4/8/2010 4:44:04 PM, Volkov wrote:
Toronto is awesome. Take it back, Boston boy.

Toronto is famous for their wide assortment of maple leafs. Boston is famous for the Celtics, Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins, the great universities (Harvard, MIT, etc), world renowned hospitals, and a rich history. Boston owns.

*coughUHCcough*
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:52:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:48:20 PM, Nags wrote:
Toronto is famous for their wide assortment of maple leafs. Boston is famous for the Celtics, Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins, the great universities (Harvard, MIT, etc), world renowned hospitals, and a rich history. Boston owns.

Toronto is known for the Leafs, the Blue Jays, the Raptors, the great universities (U of T, Ryerson, etc.), world renowned hospitals, and a rich history, including the spot where a major shedding point of Canadian history occurred with the starting of the 1837 Rebellion.

... To point out, there's actually quite a lot the same with Boston and Toronto. 'Cept your sports teams are better.

Republicans get lynched.

Lol, no wonder Romney ran away.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:52:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:49:57 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
*coughUHCcough*

Lolz. Since 2006, every citizen in Mass has been required to buy health care, and people below a certain income level receive a subsidy. Silly logic is silly.

Ps. The hospitals existed and operated well before 2006.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:56:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:52:40 PM, Volkov wrote:
Toronto is known for the Leafs, the Blue Jays, the Raptors, the great universities (U of T, Ryerson, etc.), world renowned hospitals

The Leafs are OK. The Blue Jays and Raptors suck, and have a terrible history. I've heard of U of T, not Ryerson. I've never heard of any renowned Canadian hospitals. Actually, the Minister of Health for Canada decided to use American hospitals instead of the motherlands' hospitals.

and a rich history, including the spot where a major shedding point of Canadian history occurred with the starting of the 1837 Rebellion.

Never heard of it.

... To point out, there's actually quite a lot the same with Boston and Toronto. 'Cept your sports teams are better.

Naht really. Toronto is in Canada too. Big difference.

Lol, no wonder Romney ran away.

Do not want. He's basically a mix of all the bad of Bush and Obama. And he's one of the favorites for 2012. Do not want.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 5:02:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:56:10 PM, Nags wrote:
The Leafs are OK. The Blue Jays and Raptors suck, and have a terrible history. I've heard of U of T, not Ryerson. I've never heard of any renowned Canadian hospitals.

Ryerson is one of the premier liberal arts schools. My choice for university if I ever get to it. And surely you've heard the Hospital for Sick Kids, the premier pediatric hospital in the world? All sports teams here suck, thats why I support Montreal.

Actually, the Minister of Health for Canada decided to use American hospitals instead of the motherlands' hospitals.

No - that would be Progressive Conservative Premier Danny Williams, who went to the US, and has 93% approval ratings and could essentially eviscerate a kitten and still win handily in an election. He could do anything he wanted, to be honest.

Never heard of it.

Of course you haven't, but like Boston's Tea Party and the ensuing battles during the Revolution, Toronto was the scene of the 1837 Rebellions, pitting liberal reformers against what was back then an authoritative conservative elite called the Family Compact. Watershed moment.

Naht really. Toronto is in Canada too. Big difference.

That just makes us cooler. :P
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 5:11:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 5:02:38 PM, Volkov wrote:
Ryerson is one of the premier liberal arts schools. My choice for university if I ever get to it.

U of T is better.

And surely you've heard the Hospital for Sick Kids, the premier pediatric hospital in the world?

Nay. Children's Hospital Boston is the best of the best. Also: "Hospital for Sick Kids" --- uhhh that's kind of a scary name.

All sports teams here suck, thats why I support Montreal.

Benedict Arnold. (Traitor)

No - that would be Progressive Conservative Premier Danny Williams, who went to the US, and has 93% approval ratings and could essentially eviscerate a kitten and still win handily in an election. He could do anything he wanted, to be honest.

Firstly, wtf is a Progressive Conservative? Secondly and lastly, he went to an American hospital because he knows it's the best. If there was political repercussions, which you said are non-existent for him, he wouldn't of gone.

Of course you haven't

That's my point.

but like Boston's Tea Party and the ensuing battles during the Revolution

Funny, you know Boston's role in history.

Toronto was the scene of the 1837 Rebellions, pitting liberal reformers against what was back then an authoritative conservative elite called the Family Compact. Watershed moment.

What is this.

That just makes us cooler. :P

Oh Canada, my home and sh!tty land... Oh Canada...
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 5:18:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Here are the places you need to see:

Haymarket Square - Chicago, Illinois
Lysander Spooner's Grave - Boston, Massachusetts
FEE - Irvington, NY
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 5:19:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 5:18:33 PM, Reasoning wrote:
Here are the places you need to see:

Lysander Spooner's Grave - Boston, Massachusetts

Just because he was an Anarchist doesn't mean I'm visiting his grave.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 5:20:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 5:11:28 PM, Nags wrote:
U of T is better.

Not for what I want, unfortunately.

Nay. Children's Hospital Boston is the best of the best. Also: "Hospital for Sick Kids" --- uhhh that's kind of a scary name.

They call it "SickKids" for short. It is the "best of the best." Ask anyone. Boston got nothin' on it.

Benedict Arnold. (Traitor)

I got what it meant, thanks. xD

Firstly, wtf is a Progressive Conservative? Secondly and lastly, he went to an American hospital because he knows it's the best. If there was political repercussions, which you said are non-existent for him, he wouldn't of gone.

Progressive Conservative: http://en.wikipedia.org...

And no, he probably still would have gone. I wouldn't doubt the fact that whatever American hospital he went to was better for the type of operation he had. What he needed isn't widely available here yet, except in Montreal.

Funny, you know Boston's role in history.

I try.

Oh Canada, my home and sh!tty land... Oh Canada...

Hey, better than your politically-paralyzed, neoconservative-infected, economically sluggish, leadership-disappointing... bah, forget it.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 5:26:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 4:36:15 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 4/8/2010 4:24:07 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 4/8/2010 4:10:34 PM, Koopin wrote:

Try to eat at every KFC you pass along the way.

Apparently (Now only in Florida KFC) it doesn't have the same menu (E.g. ours has French fries, gravy just as a sauce, etc.; You have mashed potatoes, coleslaw, etc.) but I'll probably cave into some Colonel along the way :D.

Also, Obama clearly took office for his proximity to a KFC

http://tinyurl.com...

Dude, I can walk to a KFC faster than he can drive to a KFC. You didn't make much of a case.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 5:27:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 5:20:08 PM, Volkov wrote:
They call it "SickKids" for short. It is the "best of the best." Ask anyone. Boston got nothin' on it.

More like ask anyone in Toronto. Children's Hospital Boston is boss.

I got what it meant, thanks. xD

Haha, I thought you would. I was just informing ignorant on-lookers.

And no, he probably still would have gone. I wouldn't doubt the fact that whatever American hospital he went to was better for the type of operation he had. What he needed isn't widely available here yet, except in Montreal.

Another fail of universal health care...

Hey, better than your politically-paralyzed, neoconservative-infected, economically sluggish, leadership-disappointing... bah, forget it.

Indeed. If only the US were as economically free as Canada. Srsly, take a look-see: http://www.heritage.org...
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 5:30:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/8/2010 5:27:33 PM, Nags wrote:
More like ask anyone in Toronto. Children's Hospital Boston is boss.

Thems fightin' words.

Another fail of universal health care...

Not really - he was still covered by his provincial health service. Make a note: we provide universal coverage, not universal "care." Most of our hospital services are private. :P

Indeed. If only the US were as economically free as Canada. Srsly, take a look-see: http://www.heritage.org...

Hm, that's cool.