Jump to topic:

Happy Birthday Marlee!!

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 6:31:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, la la la la la la, happy birthday to you!
*throws confetti*

Here's a virtual cake. *cake*
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 6:38:22 PM
At 4/12/2010 6:37:33 PM, Nags wrote:
This meme is getting old.

Especially for worthless members.

Wow.... that was harsh and uncalled for.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 6:41:00 PM

You don't want a birthday thread? Fine then.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 6:41:34 PM
At 4/12/2010 6:39:16 PM, Nags wrote:
Harsh, maybe. Uncalled for, no.

Yes. Uncalled for. You shouldn't be rude to new members. You should make them feel welcomed so we don't have to deal with the same people bickering over the same things every single day. Uncalled for.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 6:42:41 PM
At 4/12/2010 6:39:16 PM, Nags wrote:
Harsh, maybe. Uncalled for, no.

If it was getting old, then just ignore the thread instead of trying to sound more important by commenting on how unimportant it is. The only birthday threads I have seen were for me and CN. I thought it was cool and nice of Panda to do that. If people didn't want to say anything, they didn't have to and I didn't hold it against them lol but why criticize others for trying to be friendly and welcoming to a new member? That's fugging retarded.
President of DDO
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 6:45:08 PM
At 4/12/2010 6:41:00 PM, FREEDO wrote:
You don't want a birthday thread? Fine then.

Not from you.

At 4/12/2010 6:41:34 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Yes. Uncalled for. You shouldn't be rude to new members. You should make them feel welcomed so we don't have to deal with the same people bickering over the same things every single day. Uncalled for.

I wasn't being rude. The meme is getting old. Marlee is worthless. She adds nothing to conversations and the site besides posts like the ones above. Bickering about the same topics with the same people is better than turning DDO into Facebook.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 6:48:06 PM
At 4/12/2010 6:42:41 PM, theLwerd wrote:
If it was getting old, then just ignore the thread instead of trying to sound more important by commenting on how unimportant it is.

No. +1 Topics are worthless and clog the forums. I don't like spam.

The only birthday threads I have seen were for me and CN.

Look harder.

I thought it was cool and nice of Panda to do that.

Me too. I like Panda and you though.

If people didn't want to say anything, they didn't have to and I didn't hold it against them lol but why criticize others for trying to be friendly and welcoming to a new member? That's fugging retarded.

Freedo and Marlee are Facebook friends and are attention whores. That's fugging retarded.

At 4/12/2010 6:42:42 PM, Marlee wrote:
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Marlee's contributions on display.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 6:50:05 PM
At 4/12/2010 6:45:08 PM, Nags wrote:

I wasn't being rude. The meme is getting old. Marlee is worthless. She adds nothing to conversations and the site besides posts like the ones above. Bickering about the same topics with the same people is better than turning DDO into Facebook.

So you don't think calling someone worthless is rude? I don't know about Marlee, haven't really read a comment from the girl besides this thread, but calling someone you don't really know worthless is uncalled for. Just don't comment in the thread next time, and, as statistics have shown, it'll die down if popularity and interest isn't high. The "worthless," as you call them, will eventually be weeded out if you don't pay attention. Your post was giving attention to this thread.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 6:54:55 PM
At 4/12/2010 6:50:05 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
So you don't think calling someone worthless is rude?

Not necessarily. Is it rude to call a rock, a rock? It is what it is.

I don't know about Marlee, haven't really read a comment from the girl besides this thread, but calling someone you don't really know worthless is uncalled for.

I know her enough to make the judgement call.

Just don't comment in the thread next time, and, as statistics have shown, it'll die down if popularity and interest isn't high.

Maybe. Annoying people need to be pointed out from time to time.

The "worthless," as you call them, will eventually be weeded out if you don't pay attention. Your post was giving attention to this thread.

I was giving them attention to display their worthlessness. Their inability to defend themselves and their reliance on you and L are indications of their worthlessness.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 6:57:04 PM

yes, your disparaging comments are much more valuable.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 6:57:35 PM
Bad publicity is still publicity. Just ignore it next time. I've seen you guys scare competent new people away because of your rudeness (this is usually AskBob) - hence my jumping on this topic. If she's empty in the skull, then she'll lose interest soon enough if people don't feed into her.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 7:01:55 PM
At 4/12/2010 6:57:04 PM, belle wrote:
yes, your disparaging comments are much more valuable.

Straw man. My disparaging comments aren't indicative of my posting record as a whole. Disparaging comments are valuable from time to time, especially to people on threads like these.

At 4/12/2010 6:57:35 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Bad publicity is still publicity. Just ignore it next time. I've seen you guys scare competent new people away because of your rudeness (this is usually AskBob) - hence my jumping on this topic. If she's empty in the skull, then she'll lose interest soon enough if people don't feed into her.

Fair enough. Although I have never and never will scare away competent people. Freedo and Marlee are not competent.

At 4/12/2010 6:58:11 PM, Marlee wrote:
I love how you take this website so seriously.

I do too.

At 4/12/2010 6:58:17 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Touche.

Thanks.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 7:04:28 PM
Look at what you turned this thread into. Come on. Wishing someone a happy birthday is more meaningful than this pointless argument.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 7:08:17 PM
At 4/12/2010 7:01:55 PM, Nags wrote:

Straw man. My disparaging comments aren't indicative of my posting record as a whole. Disparaging comments are valuable from time to time, especially to people on threads like these.

never implied that they were. but if worthless posts piss you off then don't make them :P
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 7:11:23 PM
At 4/12/2010 7:04:28 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Look at what you turned this thread into. Come on. Wishing someone a happy birthday is more meaningful than this pointless argument.

No, it's not more meaningful. Because there's no meaning. Wish her happy birthday in a private message or on her facebook. This argument isn't pointless either. The topic title and intended topic of conversation are meaningless though. There are over 18,000 people on DDO. This site would be a piece of sh!t if everyone got their own Happy Birthday thread. Once you're a prominent member, then maybe you can get a Happy Birthday thread. Until then, keep your birthday wishes private.

At 4/12/2010 7:07:07 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Yeah, I hate FREEDO's attention-garnering more than most

More than all.

but I don't think that the right to wish someone a happy birthday is contingent on their level of contribution to the site.

It's a right to wish someone a happy birthday on a privately owned website? Weird. Like I said earlier, if every member on DDO got their own Birthday thread, then DDO would be a sh!thole.

I wonder, Nags, why it is that you seem to have "douched out" lately, if you'll allow the phrase.

Who else have I douched out on?
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 7:18:31 PM
At 4/12/2010 7:07:07 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Yeah, I hate FREEDO's attention-garnering more than most

More than all.

but I don't think that the right to wish someone a happy birthday is contingent on their level of contribution to the site.

It's a right to wish someone a happy birthday on a privately owned website? Weird.

The day that Phil bans "happy birthday" threads is the day I leave.

I wonder, Nags, why it is that you seem to have "douched out" lately, if you'll allow the phrase.

Who else have I douched out on?

In a general sense. You're far more uppity than usual, I've noticed.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 7:25:03 PM
At 4/12/2010 7:18:31 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
The day that Phil bans "happy birthday" threads is the day I leave.

What's that have to do with anything whatsoever?

In a general sense. You're far more uppity than usual, I've noticed.

I haven't. I haven't even seen you in any of the threads I've been posting in lately. Other than Freedo/Marlee in this thread and defending myself whenever Askbob attacks me, I don't think I've been more uppity.
GhostWriter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 8:48:10 PM
At 4/12/2010 7:11:23 PM, Nags wrote:
No, it's not more meaningful. Because there's no meaning. Wish her happy birthday in a private message or on her facebook.

The point is, why the heck would you care?

"The forums are getting cluttered!! Someone made a thread that would have died easily in a day had I not said anything. SPAM SPAM SPAM!"

Its just as easy for you to ignore it then to be a douche about soomeone caring enough to make tell some one they care about them by wishing them a happy bithday. You'd be lying if you said you weren't hurt if someone said you were worthless on your birthday. Even if its by people you don't know on the internet.

This argument isn't pointless either. The topic title and intended topic of conversation are meaningless though.

Meaningless, would imply that this thread had no intended purpose whatsover.
However, the way I see it, the meaning was to tell Marlee to have a happy birthday.

Know your words.

There are over 18,000 people on DDO. This site would be a piece of sh!t if everyone got their own Happy Birthday thread.

Yes, because people being noticed for having a birthday is completely redundant in every way shape or form. How is this degrading from the site? (Other than it giving you the excuse to be a d1ck)

Once you're a prominent member, then maybe you can get a Happy Birthday thread. Until then, keep your birthday wishes private.

Yes, and how likely is anyone to want to become a "prominent" member when there's "prominent" members such yourself telling them their worthless? The amount of time they spend on the site is really irrelevant.

It's a right to wish someone a happy birthday on a privately owned website? Weird. Like I said earlier, if every member on DDO got their own Birthday thread, then DDO would be a sh!thole.

Explain how please? I bet you could look through the forums and find about a hundred forums that would be considered "useless", and you would also find that very few people are active in them. And even if they weren't, I dont see this actively adversely effecting this sites progressiveness or subtracting from it in any way shape or form.
GhostWriter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 8:50:26 PM
Its just as easy for you to ignore it then to be a douche about soomeone caring enough to tell some one they care about them by wishing them a happy bithday. You'd be lying if you said you weren't hurt if someone said you were worthless on your birthday. Even if its by people you don't know on the internet.

fixed.