Jump to topic:

DDO Fantasy Football Draft Order

BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 6:18:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
All draft rounds were determined by random.org.

Each round you must pick one of the position specified, until your team has a total of 22 men offense and 22 defense. If you still don't understand after this, please notify me by personal email.

For instance:

Round 1: First String QBs and DBs

First draft team:

Team XXYY chooses:

QB1: Brett Favre - Minnesota Vikings
DB1: James Ihedigbo - New York Jets

Second Draft Team:

Team ZZAA chooses:

etc.
etc.

The general jest I'm assuming is gotten.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANNOUNCING, THE FIRST ANNUAL DDO FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE DRAFT TAKING PLACE ON APRIL 27th - MAY 3rd, 2010, LIVE ON THE MISCELLANEOUS FORUMS. (Sponsored by Askbob)

Round 1: First String (Meaning your starters) Quarterbacks and Running Backs (Full back or half back)
1. New York Hobos
2. Gulch Violence
3. The Mighty Bucks
4. The DDO Noobz
5. Miami Phoenix
6. I Bringz tha Ruckus
7. The Cuban Chefs
8. XTC
9. Victorious Secret
10. Detroit Dominatrix

Round 2: First String Wide Receivers and Tight Ends

1. Detroit Dominatrix
2. Miami Phoenix
3. XTC
4. New York Hobos
5. The Mighty Bucks
6. The DDO Noobz
7. I Bringz tha Ruckus
8. The Cuban Chefs
9. Victorious Secret
10. Gulch Violence

Round 3: First String Safeties and (Outside and Inside) Linebackers

1. I Bringz tha Ruckus
2. New York Hobos
3. The DDO Noobz
4. The Cuban Chefs
5. Victorious Secret
6. XTC
7. Gulch Violence
8. The Mighty Bucks
9. Miami Phoenix
10. Detroit Dominatrix

Round 4: First String Front Line Defense-men (Tackles and Ends)

1. The Cuban Chefs
2. The DDO Noobz
3. Miami Phoenix
4. I Bringz tha Ruckus
5. Gulch Violence
6. Detroit Dominatrix
7. The Mighty Bucks
8. New York Hobos
9. XTC
10. Victorious Secret

Round 5: First String Punters/Kickers

1. The Mighty Bucks
2. Detroit Dominatrix
3. The DDO Noobz
4. Victorious Secret
5. I Bringz tha Ruckus
6. Miami Phoenix
7. Gulch Violence
8. XTC
9. The Cuban Chefs
10. New York Hobos

Round 6: 5 Backups

1. Miami Phoenix
2. I Bringz tha Ruckus
3. The Cuban Chefs
4. XTC
5. The DDO Noobz
6. Gulch Violence
7. The Mighty Bucks
8. New York Hobos
9. Victorious Secret
10. Detroit Dominatrix

Anybody football saavy please tell me if I missed a position that is vital and SCORABLE ON A SCALE. Point scales will not be released until the day before the draft of DDO. Good luck to all teams.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 6:27:57 PM
Wooow I've got sh-tty numbers. Why don't you structure it like this:

1. New York Hobos
2. Gulch Violence
3. The Mighty Bucks
4. The DDO Noobz
5. Miami Phoenix
6. I Bringz tha Ruckus
7. The Cuban Chefs
8. XTC
9. Victorious Secret
10. Detroit Dominatrix

Round 2: First String Wide Receivers and Tight Ends

1. Detroit Dominatrix
2. Victorious Secret
3. XTC
4. The Cuban Chefs
5. I Bringz tha Ruckus
6. Miami Phoenix
7. The DDO Noobz
8. The Mighty Bucks
9. Gulch Violence
10. New York Hobos

etc.

As you can see, that way the person who gets to go first for the 1st round draft pick has to go last in the next round, and so on and so forth. That way the same people don't get to pick first or closer to the top in every round. You'll notice that I'm doing this for the sake of fairness (not my own benefit) because since I go 8th in the first round, that would put me as picking 3rd in the 2nd round which is how I'm listed as anyway. I mean I understand using random.org to determine the initial picking order for R1 but I don't see why it has to be like that for the other rounds. Thoughts?
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 6:30:09 PM
Like Nags (Victorious Secret) has to pick 9th, then 9th, then 5th, then 10th, then 4th and then 9th... all out of 10. It's like he can't catch a break lol doesn't seem too fair to me, but again, this is just a suggestion.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 6:34:24 PM
Well you could either rotate those same 2 orders, or you could switch it up... let me see if I can figure it out in a fair way. I'll use your initial R1 random.org numbers to determine the other lists, post what they will look like, and then you Bellum can determine (or maybe we could vote on it - however you wanna do it) how you wanna set up the lists. Gimme a minute :)
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 8:52:46 PM
UPDATED DRAFT PICK LIST (for Bellum) --

Round 1

1. New York Hobos
2. Gulch Violence
3. The Mighty Bucks
4. The DDO Noobz
5. Miami Phoenix
6. I Bringz tha Ruckus
7. The Cuban Chefs
8. XTC
9. Victorious Secret
10. Detroit Dominatrix

Round 2

1. XTC
2. Victorious Secret
3. Gulch Violence
4. New York Hobos
5. Detroit Dominatrix
6. The Mighty Bucks
7. The DDO Noobz
8. Miami Phoenix
9. I Bringz tha Ruckus
10. The Cuban Chefs

Round 3

1. Miami Phoenix
2. I Bringz tha Ruckus
3. The Cuban Chefs
4. XTC
5. Victorious Secret
6. Detroit Dominatrix
7. New York Hobos
8. Gulch Violence
9. The Mighty Bucks
10. The DDO Noobz

Round 4

1. Gulch Violence
2. The Mighty Bucks
3. The DDO Noobz
4. Miami Phoenix
5. I Bringz tha Ruckus
6. The Cuban Chefs
7. XTC
8. Victorious Secret
9. Detroit Dominatrix
10. New York Hobos

Round 5

1. Detroit Dominatrix
2. The Cuban Chefs
3. Victorious Secret
4. The DDO Noobz
5. New York Hobos
6. I Bringz tha Ruckus
7. The Mighty Bucks
8. XTC
9. Miami Phoenix
10. Gulch Violence

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is pretty much the fairest it can be. I made it so that each person generally gets to pick at the beginning, at the end and/or somewhere in between. Sometimes you'll pick in the same spot more than once (i.e. I pick 8th two times) but if you do the math, you'll see that it works out -- or that it works out as close as possible given the fact that there's 5 rounds so it can't be perfectly even. Anyway, just trust me lol it's fine. Below you'll see what order you pick in though (this is just a compact list) so you can see clearly how people will pick at scattered spots on the list (out of 10). If you're at an odd number on the list below, you have a SLIGHT advantage over those listed next to an even number, but trust me it's very slight and as small as possible (and all even and odd numbers have the same slight advantage or disadvantage) --

1. Detroit Dominatrix --> 10, 5, 6, 9, 1
2. The Cuban Chefs --> 7, 10, 3, 6, 2
3. Victorious Secret --> 9, 2, 5, 8, 3
4. The DDO Noobz --> 4, 7, 10, 3, 4
5. New York Hobos --> 1, 4, 7, 10, 5
6. I Bringz tha Ruckus --> 6, 9, 2, 5, 6
7. The Mighty Bucks --> 3, 6, 9, 2, 7
8. XTC --> 8, 1, 4, 7, 8
9. Miami Phoenix --> 5, 8, 1, 4, 9
10. Gulch Violence --> 2, 3, 8, 1, 10
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 9:01:56 PM
Woah, this is an IDP league? I hope you got a scoring that takes that into account.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 9:27:13 PM
I do, but only if the scoring remotely resembles sense for them.

Punters too, most fantasy leagues don't use them, so they'd need special scoring rules.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 9:31:28 PM
Btw, what are the rules on how many of what position you can start each week? It's important to know that before any drafting. Something like this?

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR or TE's
(another option is to force a 2 WR 1 TE)

3 or 4 D-line

3 or 4 linebackers depending on how many D-line you put in

(another option is to just force a 4-3 or force a 3-4)

4 Corners or Safeties.

1 K
1P

Or...?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 9:34:47 PM
Full disclosure as I pull this stuff out of my ***: I've played fantasy football roughly once, and it wasn't an IDP league. Lol.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 9:39:31 PM
I've played fantasy football quite a bit. I haven't played an IDP league since a few years ago. It sucked though.

It's usually:
- 1 QB
- 2 RB
- 2/3 WR
- 1 TE
- 1 K
- 0 P
- 1 DST

Not sure about the IDPs.

I've never seen a punter used in a fantasy football league. I do a cash league with a $200 buy-in and I buy a few magazines to help study. The magazines rank every single position (usually IDP), but I've never seen a magazine rank punters.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 9:45:27 PM
If one wanted the number of defensive starters to match up with the number of offensive (which makes sense considering the mandate of 22 players on each side of the ball), then assuming either 2 wr 1 TE or the "count TE's as receivers and do 3 wide" solution (3 wrs and a TE just seems kind of inelegant), we're prolly looking at 2 each of DL, LB, DB. But it's up to Bellum.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 6:40:42 AM
At 4/15/2010 9:01:56 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Woah, this is an IDP league? I hope you got a scoring that takes that into account.

What's IDP?
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 6:42:53 AM
At 4/15/2010 8:57:06 PM, Nags wrote:
Why don't we just do a standard snake draft?

1 --> 10
2 --> 9
3 --> 8
etc.

I was going to do that originally (it was obviously the most easy to structure lol), but that leaves the 5th round up in the air because of the odd number of rounds. I guess we could have used the same order for Rounds 1, 3 and 5, but I guess that wouldn't be fair to the people at the bottom there... Also, the people who are in the middle then (5, 6) would never really have the advantage of picking at the top or closer to the top. Anyway I see what you're saying, but the way I have it is the most fair (mathematically) and I've already done the work so we might as well keep it :P
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 9:36:55 AM
At 4/16/2010 6:40:42 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 4/15/2010 9:01:56 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

What's IDP?
Individual Defensive Player. In "traditional" fantasy football you draft a whole team's defense and return game, but from the way this draft is set up we clearly are not doing that.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 3:10:44 PM
Huh, should've kept my mouth shut :P
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 3:19:38 AM
Detroit and I kind of get the shaft, despite selecting a 1 and a 2, respectively.

We're the only two who only have just one < 5 pick among all the rounds, whereas everyone else has at least two < 5 picks.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2010 10:55:10 AM
At 4/17/2010 3:19:38 AM, USAPitBull63 wrote:
Detroit and I kind of get the shaft, despite selecting a 1 and a 2, respectively.

How so?

We're the only two who only have just one < 5 pick among all the rounds, whereas everyone else has at least two < 5 picks.

Yeah but conversely you never have to pick toward the very bottom. Your pick order is 6, 9, 2, 5 and 6 meaning the majority of your picks are right in the middle and you have 1 high number and 1 low number, so it works out. Mine for example (Team XTC) are 8, 1, 4, 7 and 8. If you add your numbers up you get 28. If you add mine up, you also get 28. Everyone on that list has numbers that = 27 or 28. The people next to the odd numbers have 27 (which is why I said they have a SLIGHT advantage) while the people next to the odd numbers have picks totaling 28. So yeah, looking at your numbers again, you have 2 numbers that are 5 or less. Similarly, I have 2 numbers that are 5 or less. I do have a 1 and 4, but I also have a 7 and two 8's whereas you have one 9 but then two 6's meaning you pick right after the number 5 cut-off mark (middle). Anyway, if you think you can come up with a fairer pick order then by all means...
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2010 11:05:57 AM
1. Detroit Dominatrix --> 10, 5, 6, 9, 1 (31)
2. The Cuban Chefs --> 7, 10, 3, 6, 2 (28)
3. Victorious Secret --> 9, 2, 5, 8, 3 (27)
4. The DDO Noobz --> 4, 7, 10, 3, 4 (28)
5. New York Hobos --> 1, 4, 7, 10, 5 (27)
6. I Bringz tha Ruckus --> 6, 9, 2, 5, 6 (28)
7. The Mighty Bucks --> 3, 6, 9, 2, 7 (27)
8. XTC --> 8, 1, 4, 7, 8 (28)
9. Miami Phoenix --> 5, 8, 1, 4, 9 (27)
10. Gulch Violence --> 2, 3, 8, 1, 10 (24)

Ahh, here's the discrepancy. I actually noticed this in my Word document but I guess I forgot to change it when I copy pasta'd here. RR and WW are going to have to switch a spot... She'll probably get his 2 spot and he'll get her 6. I'll figure it out when we actually start bc Bellum might be changing things now anyway.
President of DDO