DP1: http://www.debate.org...
DP1.1: http://www.debate.org...
DP2: http://www.debate.org...
DP3: http://www.debate.org...
DP4: http://www.debate.org...
DP5: http://www.debate.org...
DP6: http://www.debate.org...

==Results==
A winner is defined as a character that accomplished all of their goals. A loser is the opposite. Goals with an X were not accomplished. Starred Characters were masoned and bolded players were participating in the Libertarian Thread at time of death. These tables reflect end-of-game life.

Winners:
Democratic Mafia:
1. Must become majority in majority of states.
Barack Obama (Democrat Godfather)
Al Gore (Democrat Inventor)
Keith Obermann (Democrat Recruiter)
Nancy Pelosi (Democrat Governor)
Mitt Romney (Recruited Bandwagon Townie)*

Democratic Mafia Usurper:
1, Must become majority in majority of states.
2. Godfather must die.
Hillary Clinton (Democrat Usurper)*^

Losers:
Republican Mafia:
X 1. Must become majority in majority of states.
George Bush (Republican Naive Cop)
John McCain (Republican Godfather)
Sarah Palin (Republican Traitor)
Mark Levin (Republican Recruiter)

Rebublican Mafia Usurper:
X 1. Must become majority in majority of states
2. Godfather must die.
Rush Limbaugh (Republican Usurper)

Libertarian Cult:
X 1. Must become majority in majority of states
Ron Paul (Libertarian Leader)^
Glenn Beck (Libertarian Vigilante/Recruiter)^
ACORN (Recruited Politician)^
Exxon (Recruited Lobbyist)^

Town:
X 1. Must eliminate Democratic Mafia
X 2. Must eliminate Republican Mafia
3. Must eliminate Libertarian Cult
Dick Cheney (Paranoid Gun Owner)
Ted Kennedy (Vigilante)*
Larry King (Tracker)*
Monica Lewinski (Naive Framer)
Bill Clinton (Miller)
Tom DeLay (Gerrymander Townie)
Warren Buffet (Benefactor Agent)
CNN (Jack of All Trades)
Joe Lieberman (Mason Recruiter)*
Susan Collins (Mason Cop)*
Olympia Snowe (Mason Cop)*

Survivor:
X 1. Must be alive at the end of the game
Arlen Specter (Survivor)

Terrorist:
X 1. Must suicide bomb a Godfather
Osama Bin Laden (Terrorist)

Serial Killer:
X 1. Must be last remaining townie
Comedy Central (Serial Killer)

Rigger:
X 1. Either A or B:
X A) All Republican Mafia must die and all Democratic Mafia must live
X B) All Democratic Mafia must die and all Republican Mafia must live.
Big Brother (Rigger)

Original Sign-Up and Role Matching
1. Reasoning 13. Dick Cheney
2. JBlake 20. Mitt Romney
3. Alex_hanson911 3. Hillary Clinton
4. BellumQuodPacis 29. Comedy Central
5. mongoose 4. Keith Olbermann
6. philosphical 5. Nancy Pelosi
7. Untitled_Entity 30. Big Brother
8. wonderwoman 7. Rush Limbaugh
9. GhostWriter 8. John McCain
10. Comoncents 25. Susan Collins
11. cult-logic 9. Mark Levin
12. Koopin 10. Sarah Palin
13. Puck 11. Ron Paul
14. mongeese 22. Warren Buffet
15. ournamestoolong 16. Larry King
16. Nags 6. George Bush
17. cherymenthol 17. Monica Lewinski
18. Kahvan 12. Glenn Beck
19. DontBeRacist 18. Exxon
20. Clockwork 21. Tom DeLay
21. Immortal 1. Barack Obama
22. Ragnar_Rahl 14. Ted Kennedy
23. Oceanix 24. Joe Lieberman
24. Belle 15. ACORN
25. Nails 23. CNN
26. Rezzealaux 26. Olympia Snowe
27. SportsGuru 2. Al Gore
28. Zetsubou 27. Arlen Specter
29. Insertnamehere 28. Osama Bin Laden
30. askbob 19. Bill Clinton

Post specific questions about roles, etc. I'll be copypasting from my notes for a while.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 5:57:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
==The Media==
A point I'm sure more of yall should have realized is that not all news sources were typed by the moderator. The only people that I know caught on to this were BellumQuodPacis and SportsGuru, both only after I told them they could write articles.

Day Phase 1
The purpose of the first definition was to identify, by equivocating partisanship with guerilla warfare, that partisans are anti-town.
The purpose of the letter to the editor is to, as Nags stated, demonstrate the indoctrination of the education system. The bolded and italicized letters served only to mimick children's handwring. The letter was supposed to be funny. Laugh.
The New York Times was me.
It was the only objvective news source, reporting deaths and making sarcastic comments through letters to the editor.

Day Phase 2
The president impeachment threads served to mock the tradition of the media hating presidents as they leave and loving them not long after. Bill Clinton and George Bush were modern examples.
Central News Network was the Jack of All Trades, which should have been obvious by the fact that it reported a kill and a revival. No one picked up on this. News can effectively do everything I described: it can protect politicians from shame, smear them into retirement, bring them back into influence from shame, investigate their activities, etc.
The purpose of the letter to the editor was to mock people's devout defense of the founding fathers and their ideas, even with respect to the ideas that have failed, such as the Electoral College. This one focused on the silly argument that the electoral college protects us from dictatorship, which I have actually heard. It was not, as SportsGuru asserted, me protecting the Electoral College Voting System.

Day Phase 3
This was the first appearance of Comedy Central. Comedy Central's stories were written by BellumQuodPacis. I made only minor edits.

Day Phase 4
In one of my stories, I added the comment that I wasn't going to speculate on killers when it was obvious who done it. This serves to mock the newscasters that say things like, "the alleged murderer" when describing the extremist that killed a bunch of people at Fort Hood publicly and then professed to it.

Day Phase 5
The purpose of the first letter to the editor was to make fun of the people that (a) think that the reason for all the nation's struggles is God's punishment, and (b) expect the government to clean up its own corruption. Congress isn't going to pass measures to find the people responsible when it is they themselves.
The purpose of the second letter was to make fun of the people that think that the end is near and to get a few laughs from Westboro Baptist Church.
Bellum's story this day didn't make any sense to me, but I published it anyways.
I'm surprised no one laughed at my Glenn Beck story.
It was a shock to me that the pople looked at Microsoft News Network as an objective source and believed everything it said. Only one person, GhostWriter, spoke out against it after 45+ posts, correctly identifying SportsGuru as the Mafia Inventor. The town knew it was too good to be true but didn't see that it was just the Democratic Party essentially naming everybody that wasn't a Democrat. Even when it was believed that it was an inventor that released the story, the inventor was suggested to be a townie, even when his story was listed under MSNBC. The news source should have condemned all not listed by it. The town's blindness here irritated me.

Day Phase 6
Here, Bellum tried to prove his innocence and failed. I had him dead by reputation because you can't poison or strangle a news source (silly askbob).
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 5:58:49 PM
==Recruitment==
The idea of mafia being able to recruit was entirely new, and I wanted a way to make it work. It was appropriate for this game because that's how parties work, but I needed a way to make it impractical. First, I limited Mafia recruitment to once every four days. Second, I required that the mafia give up all its night actions, including the kill. Third, and most importantly, I made it so that once a player was partisan, he or she remained partisan by that group through the rest of the game. This reflects the true nature of partisanship, a theme of this game, and makes recruitment a dangerous process. A grand total of one mafia recruitment occurred in the entire game, and that was of JBlake by the Democrats. JBlake was not a power role, but his being recruited by the masons, which were not a partisan group, allowed the Democrats to spy on the Masons.

The cult also had the ability to recruit, but the cult could recruit 3/4 days and kill every other day. The cult recruited the Democrat askbob (alex_hanson911) and that lead to their extinction.

The masons could recruit daily, but recruitment into the masons did not make them partisan. The masons believed for the whole game that their recruitment failed if they recruited a partisan, even after Oceanix (Mason Recruiter) copypasted his role into the thread. I made the real recruitment situation explicitly clear to Ragnar when he asked, and I believe he chose to keep this secret in case he himself was recruited.

For the masons, recruiting every night was incredibly stupid, because the cop and doctor both started masoned.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 5:59:40 PM
==Electoral College==
I introduced the Electoral College System that fit the American electoral process. Orignially, this was to be an Electoral College Kingmaker game, but two Kingmaker games in a row wouldn't be as fun. It was more fun, I decided, to keep it mafia and have the elections result in public failure and disgrace.

The electoral college system is highly abusable, which was another theme of this game. Because of this indirect democracy, in theory, even with evenly divided states, one only needs one fourth of the town, strategically placed, to prevent a lynch and a tad more to clinch one. This system allowed the town to lynch people much quicker than in other games, and was highly advantageous for townies with the large town. To balance out the disadvantage of being uninformed, though, both mafias had a usurper.

No one stood up and organized the game so that multiple lynches could occur in one day. This was pretty disappointing.

The Gerrymander Townie had a glitch in it, I realized after starting the game. A recruiting party could end the game by recruiting him and then putting each of themselves as a state and all others as another. Fortunately, this didn't happen. This glitch could be fixed easily by making the Gerrymander unrecruitable, by requiring a minimum population for states, by nullifying his role after recruitment, or possibly by creating a few Oligarchy Townies instead, with the same power, but with a committee separating it.

No one recruited the Gerrymander Townie even after the stupid-but-necessary DP1 claim because each faction thought he was already recruited.

An Oligarchy Committee would be cool as an idea. They'd all be corruptible and recruitable, and they'd determine the state boundaries by majority voting on proposals set up by individuals. States could change population spontaneously, even during Day Phases.

This Electoral College System may or may not be used again. Someone will look back years from now and see this system and think it fits their theme. Personally, I'm interested in experimenting with the Oligarchy Committee idea, but if this ever becomes something, know it started here.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 6:01:45 PM
==Inventor==
-Teh Internetz-
Level 1:Development
Level 2:Completion
Level 3:AOL(players can create screen names and chat with people whose screen names they know; one article can be published revealing however much information he wants)
Level 4:Pervasive Propaganda (gives mafia an article per day) Requires Global Climate Warming Change Level 2.
Level 5:Net Neutrality (Ends other mafia's discussion thread) Requires Global Climate Warming Change Level 4.

-Global Climate Warming Change-
Level 1:Research
Level 2:Completion
Level 3:Basic Propaganda (Mafia recruitment doubles)
Level 4:Education Infiltration (Mafia recruitment will now shift partisan allegiances) Requires Global Climate Warming Change Level 2.
Level 5:Green Gestapo (Inventor can now kill one person per night in addition to research) Requires Teh Internetz Level 4.

Al Gore (SportsGuru) invented the Interwebs and AOL. AOL would have allowed all players to create through me multiple screen names. This would have created private communication threads between people's screen names started by submitting a screen name. A chatroom would have been created by typing multiple. Because this could hurt the mafia, I gave Sports the discretion of how much of this information to release by giving him an article under MSNBC. He used it to frame other members.
He got to Level 2 on GCWC and Level 3 of Teh Internetz.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 6:02:00 PM
The idea of mafia being able to recruit was entirely new
Mafia of God in my game had that power. Didn't manage to use it tho. ^_^
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 6:02:15 PM
==Serial Killer==
I gave the serial killer an odd twist. He was able to kill individuals not by naming them, but by their character. The advantage to this was that he was able to target specific mafias and people; the disadvantage was that naming a non-existent character would forfeit the kill. He stuck to big names and killed mostly mafia members, as expected.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 6:04:37 PM
==History==
I made this prediction after seeing who was alligned where.
Initial Prediction: Democratic Victory in 7 Days.
Actual Result: Democratic Victory in 6 Nights.
(Pretty good, eh?)

DP1: Askbob is lynched. http://www.debate.org...

NP1:
Askbob replaces alex_hanson911.
SportsGuru (Democrat inventor) forfeits his action for recruit.
Immortal (Democrat godfather) forfeits his action for recruit.
mongoose (Democrat recruiter) recruits JBlake.
Puck (Cult recruiter) recruits Belle.
Rezzealaux (Mason cop) investigates Ragnar_Rahl.
Ournamestoolong (Tracker) tracks Ragnar_Rahl.
Comoncents (Mason doctor) protects Comoncents.
Cherymenthol (Naive Roleblocker--Framer) frames Belle.
Belle (Politician) makes BellumQuodPacis vote for Reasoning.
mongeese (Benefactor agent) gives mongeese an extra vote.
Ghostwriter (Republican godfather) kills Ragnar_Rahl.
Nails (Jack of all trades) kills Cherymenthol.
Ragnar_Rahl (Vigilante) kills Belle.

DP2: Reasoning is lynched. http://www.debate.org...

NP2:
SportsGuru works on Teh Internetz.
InsertNameHere replaces cult-logic.
True2Gaga replaces Immortal.
Clockwork (Gerrymander Townie) updates the states.
Oceanix (Mason recruiter) recruits JBlake.
Kahvan (Cult recruiter/vigilante) recruits askbob.
Rezzealaux (Mason cop) investigates Puck.
Nails (Jack of All Trades) revives Ragnar_Rahl.
OUrnamestoolong (Tracker) tracks askbob.
mongeese (Benefactor agent) gives mongeese an extra vote.
comoncents (Mason doctor) protects askbob.
GhostWriter (Republican godfather) kills comoncents.
True2Gaga (Democrat godfather) kills mongeese.
BellumQuodPacis (Comedy Central) kills Immortal.

DP3: Zetsubou is lynched. http://www.debate.org...

NP3:
Acer replaces DontBeRacist.
Mongeese replaces wonderwoman.
Puck (Cult recruiter) recruits DontBeRacist.
Ournamestoolong (Tracker) tracks JBlake.
Nails (Jack of all trades) investigates Puck.
Oceanix (Mason recruiter) recruits Ragnar_Rahl.
SportsGuru (Mafia inventor) works on Teh Internetz. Teh Internetz are invented.
Ragnar_Rahl (Vigilante) kills Puck.
BellumQuodPacis (Comedy Central) kills Nails.
Askbob (Democrat usurper) kills Clockwork.
Ghostwriter (Republican godfather) kills Rezzealaux.
Acer (Lobbyist) restricts the candidates to Oceanix, Rezzealaux, and Ragnar_Rahl.

DP4: No lynch. http://www.debate.org...

NP4:
Oceanix (Mason recruiter) recruits Ournamestoolong.
SportsGuru (Mafia inventor) works on Teh Internetz. American Online is invented.
Ournamestoolong (Tracker) tracks mongoose.
BellumQuodPacis (Comedy Central) kills philosphical.
Askbob (Democrat usurper) kills kahvan.
Ghostwriter (Republican godfather) kills Ragnar_Rahl.
Ragnar_Rahl (Vigilante) kills Koopin.

DP5: InsertNameHere is lynched. http://www.debate.org...

NP5:
Ournamestoolong (Tracker) tracks askbob.
Oceanix (Mason recruiter) recruits askbob.
SportsGuru (Mafia inventor) works on Global Climate Warming Change.
Askbob (Democrat usurper) kills GhostWriter.
GhostWriter (Republican godfather) kills BellumQuodPacis.
BellumQuodPacis (Comedy Central) kills Ghostwriter.

DP6: Ournamestoolong is lynched. http://www.debate.org...

NP6:
Askbob (Democrat Usurper) kills Acer.
SportsGuru (Democrat Inventor) works on Global Climate Warming Change.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 6:08:58 PM
==Role Explanations==

==Rigger==
I gave the Rigger watching abilities to balance out the difficulty of his/her win condition. This role was taken by Untitled_Entity, who chose to be inactive. Before I could replace her, she had already reached the point of clinched loss.

==Terrorist==
The terrorist was another experiment. Essentially an assassin, the terrorist had to kill by suicide a Godfather. This role needs to be tried more, because this game it fell victim to a Random Number Generator.

==Agent==
The agent is a role I took from Epic Mafia that can send anonymous messages. Its mafia counterpart is the Spy. Anonymous messages worked through role PMs. Mongeese only used this role to appeal to askbob for recruitment. Thinking mongeese had sent this role to other people, askbob had him killed. This could have been a key townie strategizing role or a key role in misleading the town, but instead, it wasn't hardly used until the fail cry for help, quoted below. This role will probably be used in future games on this site.

Hello. This is mongeese. I am Warren Buffet, with the power to bestow double-voting powers and the power to send anonymous messages. If you are able to recruit me into whatever faction you're in, I'd be glad to be recruited. If you ever feel like messaging me, in one of your posts in the following day phases, quote me and edit what I say, then create a tinypic at the URL www.tinypic.com/, but use the first letter of each word of the first sentence you respond with. Hide a message there. Ciao. Good luck.

==Bandwagon Townie==
The Bandwagon Townie essentially cannot start or second lynches. It was an experiment to fit Mitt Romney, who will believe whatever it takes to get elected. JBlake could only vote for players that had 3 or more votes already for them. This wasn't a big issue because the town was large enough for this to not be noticed.

==Benefactor Townie==
The Benefactor Townie could give any townie two votes in the next lynch. I combined this role with Agent for this game.

==Lobbyist==
In this game, once every three nights, the lobbyist could limit the next day's lynch to three candidates. I was accused of interfering in this game because this role was not publicly known.

==Naive Framer==
Monica Lewinski in this game was told she was a roleblocker, when in fact, their investigation status just became guilty. Ultimately, this role had no influence in the game.
ournamestoolong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 6:27:54 PM
I don't want to say I told you so, but...
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
oceanix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 6:30:33 PM
At 4/16/2010 6:27:54 PM, ournamestoolong wrote:

You told us so? =P

I was kind of wondering why we had only taken out any members of the Republican mafia, but I assumed that wjm didn't think that Democrats should be mafia and stuck with Republican mafia and Libertarian Mafia/Cult.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 6:31:19 PM

Yes you told us so, but it was obviously in my interest not to believe you, and to make everyone else not believe you. :)

I have to laugh at the players, especially the dead players *ahem* who called us stupid for continuing to vote for Ournames after wjm showed BQP was not mafia. Obviously we weren't stupid, we were winning.

Congratulations Democrats! We dominated this game.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 6:35:37 PM
At 4/16/2010 6:30:33 PM, oceanix wrote:

You told us so? =P

I was kind of wondering why we had only taken out any members of the Republican mafia, but I assumed that wjm didn't think that Democrats should be mafia and stuck with Republican mafia and Libertarian Mafia/Cult.

That is because we are really good. We had a lot of really good player concentrated in our mafia. Plus, we had the advantage of me being a mole in the masons and controlling your night actions, and askbob in the Libertarian mafia telling us who was in it. We used Rezz and Ragnar to locate and kill the Libertarian mafia for us while keeping ourselves safe.

Then in the end GhostWriter, Koopin, and InsertNameHere made it obvious that they were mafia. GW did a good job of figuring out who we were, though.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 6:40:28 PM
The Democrats were able to control both the Masons and the Cult through insiders, although for some reason Askbob came to doubt JBlake's allegiance.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 6:44:55 PM
It would of been completely clean had I not made the mistake of trying to strike up conversation about the inventor.

Congrats fellow democrats, we have won!

I just wish perhaps the game could of been a bit longer so I could of attained more powers.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 7:35:24 PM
At 4/16/2010 6:59:49 PM, oceanix wrote:
JBlake, you weren't Mafia when I recruited you were you?

We both recruited him on night 1. Since mason is not partisan, his allegiance was with us.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 7:38:51 PM
That is because we are really good. We had a lot of really good player concentrated in our mafia. Plus, we had the advantage of me being a mole in the masons and controlling your night actions, and askbob in the Libertarian mafia telling us who was in it. We used Rezz and Ragnar to locate and kill the Libertarian mafia for us while keeping ourselves safe.
Gratz.

*adds section on being recruited to masons for standard mafia procedures*

Won't be screwing up quite as bad as I did this time again.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 7:39:02 PM
Gratz.

*adds section on being recruited to masons for standard mafia procedures*

Won't be screwing up quite as bad as I did this time again. least not in the same way.
Tamikajones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 8:39:12 PM
At 4/16/2010 6:40:28 PM, wjmelements wrote:
The Democrats were able to control both the Masons and the Cult through insiders, although for some reason Askbob came to doubt JBlake's allegiance.

There were a couple reasons for this:

1. He was recruited on Day Phase 1. We took some time deliberating on who to recruit and if it was even worth it. Wjm you posted in the rules that if a player were to be recruited by 2 people at once he would go with the first faction and be put in the second factions PM. I assumed the masons might have recruited him first thus he could have been a mason mole

2. Mafia and cult could be moles in the others mafia, in the libertarian cult, and in masons. Thus to me, it only made sense that masons could be moles. There was no standard definition of partisan nor was it ever revealed if the masons were a partisan/nonpartisan organization. I assumed that it might be possible that all factions were deemed partisan

3. The republican mafia killed the mason doctor, then the mason cop, then the mason vigilante. Three mason deaths in a row in logical sequence (eliminating doctor first). This suggested a republican mason mole. The only person that could possibly be after rezz was eliminated was JBlake. JBlake next to me the first day phase seemed most like a townie (thus why we chose to recruit him) The masons recruited him as well. It seemed entirely plausible that the republicans might have recruited him.

4. JBlake is an incredibly intelligent player and arguably he fits in a top 5 list as one of the best players on this site. JBlake came up with the manipulation idea to use the masons to eliminate the cult for us. We also were eliminating the cult and masons. Meanwhile the first time True2GaGa replaced our godfather she was killed without even posting in the day phase. This suggested to me a mole within our organization. I postulated that JBlake could be manipulating us to kill the masons and cult. After all was said and done, I figured they would eliminate us.

For these reasons I was suspicious of JBlake. Obviously when Insert was eliminated. I was 100% sure JBlake was on our side.
: At 4/21/2010 5:49:24 PM, banker wrote:
: Mirza at least no one is misunderstanding santa...!!
:
:Hitler had sexual issues just like muhammud..!!
Tamikajones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 8:48:13 PM
Also for the record I came up with the entire idea of using SportsGuru's story to frame the other mafia. I wrote the entire story.

Also I manipulated Puck and Kahvan from killing SportsGuru. Kahvan was inactive and didn't use any of his killing abilities. His only ability he used was to recruit me into the cult.
:
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 5:39:02 AM
At 4/16/2010 8:48:13 PM, Tamikajones wrote:
Also for the record I came up with the entire idea of using SportsGuru's story to frame the other mafia. I wrote the entire story.

Also I manipulated Puck and Kahvan from killing SportsGuru. Kahvan was inactive and didn't use any of his killing abilities. His only ability he used was to recruit me into the cult.

One of those doesn't follow the other. :P The only reason SG lived was Khavan's inactivity. He was targeted to be killed NP1 on. The bandwagoning was fairly clear. :P
Tamikajones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 8:15:55 AM
@ Puck

Had he been active after I was recruited he would have killed Ragnar.
:
Tamikajones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 8:49:18 AM
Also I want to go on record saying the following:

1. This game was modded excellently.

2. This game was very inventive: alterations of the inventor, rigger role alteration, suicide bomber alteration, benefactor, gerrymander, lobbyist, Traitor, bandwagon townie,

3. Unique Changes from other games:

recruiting and mole combo

2 mafia + 1 cult all with recruiting abilities in what I think was a fair combo to the town. wjm had tried to do this with a previous game he modded but it was a little one-sided. This time I think he got things right with the recruiting.

The electoral college system. Once we figured it out, it was great. Brilliantly designed.

Something I thought were a little unfair:

People placement. I know it was completely random thus not the mods fault but still a little unfair. The masons were absolutely terrible and weren't even marginally difficult to manipulate. It was unfair that the masons were not considered partisan and thus you could recruit them. I think moles for the mason should have been allowed to exist. This would have made the game a little more difficult for the anti-town factions. Lets face it. This game wasn't town vs. anti-town. It was anti-town vs. anti-town vs. anti-town, vs. masons. Due to the enormous amount of anti-town votes during the day phase lynches could easily be: placing guilt on inactive, voting, allow some bandwagoning and all the other anti-town factions would follow. Having the masons be partisan would make it more fair for the town.

Also I think having completely different PMs was unfair as it pitted the town against each other, which in this game wasn't overly fair to the town. That being said it made things very interesting the first day phase.

Recruiting, the masons did a terrible job as they had a cop. Instead of investigating the players then recruiting they just randomly recruited others. Had they taken this method with JBlake they could have at least killed him early on and maybe even learned through his actions who was in the democratic mafia.

That being said I think the masons got unlucky in terms of having their doctor and cop killed so early. Just bad luck.

Also I think Ragnar didn't do that great of a job. He had a power role and thus was way way way too open and too active the first day phase. He really had no need to do so with the ability that he had and as he was already masoned. He did such a bad job with killing me the first day phase that the republican mafia probably assumed he was democratic mafia and killed him. Also his night kill was just plain lucky as the cult was probably convinced belle was innocent, thus why they recruited her. Ragnar killed her because he thought she was guilty. His other night kills were decent choices, unfortunately the doctor was killed after he was revived and JBlake manipulated the cop and vigilante.

Nails did a terrible job as well. He didn't participate enough during the day phase as a townie to be recruited into the masons. Because of this he ended up killing a fairly inactive townie the first day phase instead of waiting later on. He should have revived the doctor rather than the vigilante. IMO.
:
Tamikajones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 8:50:40 AM
Also some people were terribly inactive.

I am noting inactivity while doing the archiving. Believe me, players who were completely inactive, wasted their roles, etc. You will be on a do not play list.
:
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 10:37:18 AM
Also I think Ragnar didn't do that great of a job. He had a power role and thus was way way way too open and too active the first day phase. He really had no need to do so with the ability that he had and as he was already masoned.
I was not masoned first day phase. Lol.

Though I'll agree I did the worst possible job a vig could do when managing to get a scum with every kill.
oceanix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 12:00:46 PM
Probably should have wondered about askbob's fake role pm as well, given that most of the names were fairly well known and then he throws out James Clyburn.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 3:09:56 PM
At 4/17/2010 12:00:46 PM, oceanix wrote:
Probably should have wondered about askbob's fake role pm as well, given that most of the names were fairly well known and then he throws out James Clyburn.

I'd never heard that name before in my life.