Jump to topic:

Should advertisers track consumer's purchases

sheemee1836
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 10:13:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Do you think advertisers should be able to track consumer's online purchases? I think they should because this will help them give you relevant material that you would be willing to buy. Also, when they track your purchasing habits, they don't know you name or email; they just know what you like to buy.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 6:39:11 PM
At 10/24/2014 10:13:19 AM, sheemee1836 wrote:
Do you think advertisers should be able to track consumer's online purchases? I think they should because this will help them give you relevant material that you would be willing to buy. Also, when they track your purchasing habits, they don't know you name or email; they just know what you like to buy.

Actually, they do know your name & email. The UK govt posted some personal data files to the internet. Advertisers simply cross-referenced the files with other data-sets. For eg: If you have data on purchases then you can cross-check it with corresponding files of health data. That way you can pinpoint the name, zip-code, and contact information of that person.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 12:34:26 PM
The days of privacy are long gone brother
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 8:25:05 AM
At 11/1/2014 12:34:26 PM, sadolite wrote:

Are you Pro Privacy?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 9:30:11 AM
At 11/2/2014 8:25:05 AM, fazz wrote:
At 11/1/2014 12:34:26 PM, sadolite wrote:

Are you Pro Privacy?

LOL silly rabbit what I think about anything doesn't matter.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%