Jump to topic:

Noob Roundup Mafia Day Phase 1

cutebunny43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 6:40:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
1. Votes to lynch must be in bold or they won't be counted. (Because it's sometimes hard to tell what's an actual vote and what's just discussion of where you're leaning.

2. Please unvote (in bold) before casting a new vote.

3. To lynch requires that one player has votes from more than half of the current players. Once the player has the required number of votes, they're gone. For instance, beginning with 9 players, 5 votes will be necessary for the first day's lynching.

4. You may vote for a "no lynch". A vote of this kind from more than half of the current players is required to end the day without kicking anyone off the show.

5. Do not discuss this game outside of this thread, unless your role or a PM from me says that you may do so (villains can talk to villains, but good guys can't talk to good guys unless I say otherwise). This continues to apply after you're killed and until the game is over. Obviously I won't know if you're PMing about this game, but it's not advisable for your sake either. You never know who you can trust. In addition, if I manage to come across conclusive evidence of cheating of any sort (I have to be able to inspect the actual evidence. Don't even think about merely sending me a quote), I shall do one of the following: 1) I shall disallow the player(s) involved from voting for the remainder of the game. 2) Modkill the player(s) involved.

6. Only current players may post in this game.

7. DO NOT quote your role or any other PMs from me. To do so will result in automatic modkill. You're free to claim your role, if you wish, and to paraphrase a PM from me (since the players would be free to believe these claims or not)

8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 24 hours, please post a notification in the thread. Please treat this game as a semi-serious commitment to the other players and contribute regularly.

9. Please do your part to make the game enjoyable for everyone. Abuse of other players (that's not in good fun) will probably not be tolerated.

10. If you have any questions, PM me!

11. The game will begin with the DAY PHASE, so that everyone has a chance to play at least a little. Days last as long as it takes for the required number of votes for lynching or no lynching. Nights will probably last around four or five hours or so, so be checking this frequently.

If a Day ends in the middle of the actual night, for whatever reason, Night will probably last a little longer since I realize plenty of people will be asleep. I'm not going to be a total hardass about it, and the four or five hours is just a general guideline.

12. All times referred to are CENTRAL STANDARD times. Keep this in mind.
Active Players
1. Letera
2. Marauder
3. Kahvan
4. xxdarkxx
5. Koopin
6. oceanix
7. FREEDO
Mafia for Beginners Signup Now

http://www.debate.org...
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 6:54:06 PM
This is how we will start the lynch process. The last person to post, gets the pressure. Is everyone Okay with this plan? It will get people talking, and weed out inactives.
kfc
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 6:55:31 PM
sounds good to me. However as I have school tomorow i may soon be kicked of the computer as it is almost 10 where i live, if so there may be a slight delay as i will have to get on my ps3.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 7:00:36 PM
At 4/26/2010 6:55:31 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
sounds good to me. However as I have school tomorow i may soon be kicked of the computer as it is almost 10 where i live, if so there may be a slight delay as i will have to get on my ps3.

That's fine, you already posted.
kfc
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 7:06:28 PM
At 4/26/2010 6:58:36 PM, Letera wrote:
now what?

apparently we wait for the last person to post. I however dont like that idea but I am too tired to think of a different way at the moment
cutebunny43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 7:07:29 PM
For clueless players: You try and deduce who from the following posts is mafia and who is town. When you think someone may be mafia you vote for them. You vote for them by saying in bold:

"Lynch Thispersonsscreenname"

When a person receives a majority of the votes (4 votes) they will be voted out of the game.

cutebunny43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 7:12:30 PM
Once someone has been lynched we will proceed into a second part of the game commonly called "the night phase" during a regular role mafia game, players who have role powers would apply them. As we are doing the basic part of the game, the mafia will kill off a townie of their choice. We will then proceed to day phase 2. Day and Night Phases do not actually mean that it is held at night, but is just a term used to separate two parts of the game.

Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 7:15:16 PM
At 4/26/2010 7:06:28 PM, Kahvan wrote:
now what?

apparently we wait for the last person to post. I however dont like that idea but I am too tired to think of a different way at the moment

I find it better than a random lynch.

5/7 posted. Freedo and Marauder have not posted yet.
kfc
oceanix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 7:16:48 PM
At 4/26/2010 7:15:16 PM, Koopin wrote:
now what?

Both have been offline for at least an hour.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 7:19:22 PM
At 4/26/2010 7:16:48 PM, oceanix wrote:
now what?

Yep.
kfc
oceanix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 7:28:58 PM
At 4/26/2010 7:19:22 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 4/26/2010 7:16:48 PM, oceanix wrote:
now what?

Yep.

I've been throwing up off and on all night. I'm goin to take some Nyquil and hit the sack, so it'll probably be until tomorrow sometime when I post.
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 4:53:55 AM
At 4/27/2010 4:51:10 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
Well as everyone has posted except Marauder, i say...

Lynch Marauder

just because he hasnt posted doenst mean that he is mafia. Noted how quickly you voted for him. He should at least have a chance to explain himself.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 4:57:51 AM
Well, I am still holding to my vote, due to his lack of being on line, I perceive that he may be intentionally delaying the game, thus, why not lynch?
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 5:00:46 AM
At 4/27/2010 4:57:51 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
Well, I am still holding to my vote, due to his lack of being on line, I perceive that he may be intentionally delaying the game, thus, why not lynch?

how can he be intentially delaying if he hasnt been online for 15 hours? he might still be asleep since going to bed last night. Or he might be in school or any number of things. the same argument can be applied to anyone though.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 5:07:51 AM
Dont Lynch Marauder as Marauder would like to live long enough to understand this game.

I dont have acces to internet at my house. I do at my collage. I am at my collage now. therefore I post now.

Vote to Lynch Freedo
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 5:14:37 AM
Well as this is being used as a learning game for the people involved in it, it does seem logical to vote of the person who has been in a mafia game before, as they were also likely to be given a mafia role as they know what they are doing.

UNvote to lynch maurader

now who has been in multiple games before, i believe koopin has but i am not sure other than that.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 5:37:57 AM
At 4/27/2010 5:14:37 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
Well as this is being used as a learning game for the people involved in it, it does seem logical to vote of the person who has been in a mafia game before, as they were also likely to be given a mafia role as they know what they are doing.

UNvote to lynch maurader

now who has been in multiple games before, i believe koopin has but i am not sure other than that.

http://ddofans.com... FREEDO has been in a mafia game before. FREEDO threaten to lynch me. thats two reasons to lynch FREEDO in my book.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 5:41:29 AM
At 4/27/2010 5:37:57 AM, Marauder wrote:

UNvote to lynch maurader

http://ddofans.com... FREEDO has been in a mafia game before. FREEDO threaten to lynch me. thats two reasons to lynch FREEDO in my book.

I appolagise, I went back and looked and realised my saw that page wrong. I guess I just thought FREEDO voted to lynch me because XXdarkXX vote was right under his.
UnVote to Lynch FREEDO

I will consider voteing to lynch Koopin if that is the consensus amoung everyone else

A Scout is Obedient.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 5:45:04 AM
At 4/27/2010 5:41:29 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 4/27/2010 5:37:57 AM, Marauder wrote:

UNvote to lynch maurader

I appolagise, I went back and looked and realised my saw that page wrong. I guess I just thought FREEDO voted to lynch me because XXdarkXX vote was right under his.
UnVote to Lynch FREEDO

I will consider voteing to lynch Koopin if that is the consensus amoung everyone else

I see it ideal to vote one of the two, its very likely they were selected as mafia as they know what they are doing already, so why would the be given a townie role???
I see lynching koopin as a very intelligent move
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 6:37:01 AM
Is past mafia game history really the only way to tell how the roles for payers were chosen? cause I would have thought that like in clue the cards can be different each game.

also if one person dosent post and is mod killed does that mean no lynching occurs that day phase or night phase, or will three people simply end up dead? one from mafia, one from lynch, one from modkill?

A Scout is Obedient.