Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Chaos PM Mafia Game Results

wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 7:43:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Winner:
Mongeese

Losers:
Nags
mongoose
askbob
Koopin

Roles
Nags- Cop
mongoose- Paranoid Cop
mongeese- Mafia
Askbob/OreEle- Naive Cop
Koopin- Insane Cop

Occurences
Players were given the exact wording of the opposition's description so that claims would be ineffective.
Dead cops of any sort were just said to have investigative abilities; their competence was not released after death.

Nightly targets are given.
DP1: No Lynch
NP1:
Nags: Nags
mongoose: None
mongeese: mongoose
Askbob: Nags
Koopin: Nags

DP2: No Lynch
NP2:
Nags: Koopin
mongeese: Askbob
Askbob: mongeese
Koopin: mongeese

DP3: Nags is lynched by mongeese and Koopin.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 7:46:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 7:45:01 PM, Nags wrote:
I called it.

Y'all didn't listen to me.

Your reasoning should have been based on something that couldn't backfire as easily. Like investigations.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 7:47:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 7:46:25 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Your reasoning should have been based on something that couldn't backfire as easily. Like investigations.

True. I lynched right away on DP1 just to see who would bandwagon, and I knew that that person would be Mafia. Mongeese was the one who bandwagoned. Mongeese was Mafia.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 7:47:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The only major analysis of the investigations was given by Askbob. And mongeese had him killed.

Given your own confirmation, after two nights of investigations, townies should be able to deduce scum.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 7:48:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Mongeese was smart to kill askbob. The up till this afternoon I thought I was mafia because I misread Wjm's message.
kfc
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 7:49:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 7:48:36 PM, Koopin wrote:
Mongeese was smart to kill askbob. The up till this afternoon I thought I was mafia because I misread Wjm's message.

Several townies misread that message. I have a way around that for next time.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 7:50:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 7:49:26 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 4/27/2010 7:48:36 PM, Koopin wrote:
Mongeese was smart to kill askbob. The up till this afternoon I thought I was mafia because I misread Wjm's message.

Several townies misread that message. I have a way around that for next time.

What fed it was that I said kill mongoose, and mongoose was killed the next day.
kfc
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 7:52:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Nags, your major flaw was essentially claiming your own actions to be scummy.

Wjm, the town might have been able to deduce that I was guilty, but they would first have to guess who is honestly revealing investigations and who is faking them, which is somewhat Catch-22.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 7:54:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 7:52:33 PM, mongeese wrote:
Nags, your major flaw was essentially claiming your own actions to be scummy.

I explained my logic. It's not my fault that Koopin is dumb.

Wjm, the town might have been able to deduce that I was guilty, but they would first have to guess who is honestly revealing investigations and who is faking them, which is somewhat Catch-22.

This. Mongeese, for example, was lying. Which would have thrown the whole deduction out of whack.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 7:57:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The Established Method

Townie Strategy:
1. No Lynch for DP1 and DP2.
2. Have everybody investigate the same person the first night.

Note that the second strategy has been eliminated in this next game because it essentially allows for an auto-win for the town.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 7:59:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
wjm, if everybody investigates one person, and of the four remaining people, two of them claim guilty, while the other two claim innocent...
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 8:01:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 7:57:56 PM, wjmelements wrote:
The Established Method

Townie Strategy:
1. No Lynch for DP1 and DP2.
2. Have everybody investigate the same person the first night.

Note that the second strategy has been eliminated in this next game because it essentially allows for an auto-win for the town.

You're not accounting for the fact that the mafioso will lie and that everyone might not be truthful.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 8:11:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 7:47:45 PM, Nags wrote:
At 4/27/2010 7:46:25 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Your reasoning should have been based on something that couldn't backfire as easily. Like investigations.

True. I lynched right away on DP1 just to see who would bandwagon, and I knew that that person would be Mafia. Mongeese was the one who bandwagoned. Mongeese was Mafia.

And I thought it was you for starting it, lol.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 8:34:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 7:57:56 PM, wjmelements wrote:
The Established Method

Townie Strategy:
1. No Lynch for DP1 and DP2.
2. Have everybody investigate the same person the first night.

Note that the second strategy has been eliminated in this next game because it essentially allows for an auto-win for the town.

Except then somebody is dead. It's impossible for the townies to confirm anything.

And you didn't let my strategies work.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.