Jump to topic:

25 Predictions for the next few years

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 5:08:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. The United States annual deficit will increase to levels of Bush's later years and Obama's early years, largely due to massively increased defense spending. This trend will be reversed after the 114th Congress ends, though the debt will still continue to rise.
2. Strong military action will be taken against the Islamic State, but Iraq will remain an unstable place.
3. The Taliban will regain lost ground in Afghanistan following American withdrawal from the region.
4. Gay Marriage will be legalized in all 50 states sometime in the next 20 years.
5. President Clinton will sign a bill prohibiting "hate speech" against homosexuals in certain circumstances (perhaps in the workplace).
6. No decisive action will have been taken regarding the border fence situation by the time President Clinton takes office.
7. There will be no large Conservative revolt against the U.S. government any time in the next ten years.
8. The Affordable Care Act will not be struck down. If it is, it will only be for a short time.
9. No attack on US soil which is large as the September 11 attack will happen on American soil by the time that President Clinton takes office.
10. No human will have stepped foot on the surface of Mars at the end of 10 years from now.
11. The U.S. Government's surveillance programs will expand in scope and in intrusiveness within the next 10 years.
12. Significant change will happen to the political landscape of North Korea sometime in the next 15 years.
13. There will be another several week long Israeli-Palestinian conflict sometime within the next 7 years.
14. The economy of Hong Kong will begin to suffer sometime in the next 2 years.
15. Third Trimester Abortions will have been legalized in several states within the next 20 years. (Note: if this is already the case, then ignore this one)
16. Novorossiya will successfully secede from Ukraine sometime within the next 2 years.
17. Obama's approval rating upon leaving office will be extremely low.
18. Incestuous relationships among two consenting adults will have been legalized in several states by the time 15 years from now pass.
19. The percentage of Americans calling themselves Christian will drop below 70% within the next 15 years.
20. Selena Gomez will have been caught using illegal drugs sometime in the next 10 years.
21. All new cars in the United States will have a "black box" within the next 25 years.
22. Vladimir Putin will not start World War 3.
23. Catalonia will rise up in rebellion against Spain, much like the Basque people, within the next 10 years.
24. Population growth in the United States, much of Europe, Russia, and Japan will continue to decrease.
25. Within the next 15 years, at least one red state will become blue due to a much increased Hispanic population.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 4:11:41 PM
None of these are particularly astounding predictions, save for Hillary Clinton being president I suppose.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:30:04 PM
At 11/9/2014 4:11:41 PM, socialpinko wrote:
None of these are particularly astounding predictions, save for Hillary Clinton being president I suppose.

I am almost certain that Hillary will run for president in 2016 and win.

The DDO Blog:

Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 1:48:36 AM
At 11/9/2014 8:30:04 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/9/2014 4:11:41 PM, socialpinko wrote:

I am almost certain that Hillary will run for president in 2016 and win.

I second that. Not sure it will be good, but it will happen.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 9:23:54 AM
At 11/8/2014 5:08:14 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
1. The United States annual deficit will increase to levels of Bush's later years and Obama's early years, largely due to massively increased defense spending. This trend will be reversed after the 114th Congress ends, though the debt will still continue to rise.
2. Strong military action will be taken against the Islamic State, but Iraq will remain an unstable place.
3. The Taliban will regain lost ground in Afghanistan following American withdrawal from the region.
4. Gay Marriage will be legalized in all 50 states sometime in the next 20 years.
5. President Clinton will sign a bill prohibiting "hate speech" against homosexuals in certain circumstances (perhaps in the workplace).
6. No decisive action will have been taken regarding the border fence situation by the time President Clinton takes office.
7. There will be no large Conservative revolt against the U.S. government any time in the next ten years.
8. The Affordable Care Act will not be struck down. If it is, it will only be for a short time.
9. No attack on US soil which is large as the September 11 attack will happen on American soil by the time that President Clinton takes office.
10. No human will have stepped foot on the surface of Mars at the end of 10 years from now.
11. The U.S. Government's surveillance programs will expand in scope and in intrusiveness within the next 10 years.
12. Significant change will happen to the political landscape of North Korea sometime in the next 15 years.
13. There will be another several week long Israeli-Palestinian conflict sometime within the next 7 years.
15. Third Trimester Abortions will have been legalized in several states within the next 20 years. (Note: if this is already the case, then ignore this one)
16. Novorossiya will successfully secede from Ukraine sometime within the next 2 years.
18. Incestuous relationships among two consenting adults will have been legalized in several states by the time 15 years from now pass.
19. The percentage of Americans calling themselves Christian will drop below 70% within the next 15 years.
20. Selena Gomez will have been caught using illegal drugs sometime in the next 10 years.
21. All new cars in the United States will have a "black box" within the next 25 years.
23. Catalonia will rise up in rebellion against Spain, much like the Basque people, within the next 10 years.
24. Population growth in the United States, much of Europe, Russia, and Japan will continue to decrease.
25. Within the next 15 years, at least one red state will become blue due to a much increased Hispanic population.

Sounds to more like a liberal's wish list than predictions.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 9:26:39 AM
At 11/10/2014 9:23:54 AM, ethang5 wrote:

Liberals wish that we won't step foot on Mars? That Selena Gomez will be caught doing drugs? That Catalonia will attempt to break away from Spain? That Obama's approval rating will be extremely low?

But still, I'm glad that you've decided to explore a forum other than the Religion Forum.

The DDO Blog:

Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 9:35:30 AM
You forgot 26. Viable Nuclear Fusion will now be 30 years away, again.

I think I would add that China will probably have set foot on Mars within the next 10 years.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 9:55:59 AM
I have a few of my own, which are technology-related:

1. Moores Law will break within the next 20 years (Computers cease to make substantial performance gains)
2. Arctic & Antarctic Sea-Ice will continue to decline
3. HIV will remain an epidemic with a greater number of infections
4. Liquid Fuel Fission Technologies Will reach >1% energy market share
5. ITER Tokamac will make a significant leap in the development of commercial nuclear fusion
6. Quantum Computing will not become viable
7. Graphene technology will remain economically useless
8. Electric Vehicles will gain >50% market share
9. AI Driven Cars will Exceed Human Driven Cars on the road in both safety and efficiency
10. Gravitational Waves' existence will gain consensus among the scientific community
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 9:57:55 AM
At 11/10/2014 9:55:59 AM, Envisage wrote:
I have a few of my own, which are technology-related:

1. Moores Law will break within the next 20 years (Computers cease to make substantial performance gains)
2. Arctic & Antarctic Sea-Ice will continue to decline
3. HIV will remain an epidemic with a greater number of infections
4. Liquid Fuel Fission Technologies Will reach >1% energy market share
5. ITER Tokamac will make a significant leap in the development of commercial nuclear fusion
6. Quantum Computing will not become viable
7. Graphene technology will remain economically useless
8. Electric Vehicles will gain >50% market share
9. AI Driven Cars will Exceed Human Driven Cars on the road in both safety and efficiency
10. Gravitational Waves' existence will gain consensus among the scientific community

I guess the average Joe like me will just have to take your word for it, because I only understood about half of these.

The DDO Blog:

ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 11:54:52 AM
At 11/10/2014 9:26:39 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Liberals wish that we won't step foot on Mars?

Yes. Libs want to use all the money for the space program on social projects. They also know we'll simply pollute Mars the way we did Earth and they want Mars pristine and uninhabited.

That Selena Gomez will be caught doing drugs?

Yes. The outcry from her arrest will push the state into legalizing drugs. We know every Lib wants that.

That Catalonia will attempt to break away from Spain?

Yes. Catalonia is populated mostly by Libs. Spanish Libs but Libs none-the-less.

That Obama's approval rating will be extremely low?

Wheat better evidence that Conservatives are racists? They want those ratings as low as they can go.

But still, I'm glad that you've decided to explore a forum other than the Religion Forum.

Why? Seems a strange thing for you to be "glad" about. Ah, you thought you could denigrate me by associating me with the religious forum (religious conservatives) lol. Knock yourself out.

But your liberalism is like a flashing strobe on your forehead. I was for a moment like a deer in headlights. Carry on.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 11:56:15 AM
At 11/10/2014 11:54:52 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 11/10/2014 9:26:39 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Liberals wish that we won't step foot on Mars?

Yes. Libs want to use all the money for the space program on social projects. They also know we'll simply pollute Mars the way we did Earth and they want Mars pristine and uninhabited.

That Selena Gomez will be caught doing drugs?

Yes. The outcry from her arrest will push the state into legalizing drugs. We know every Lib wants that.

That Catalonia will attempt to break away from Spain?

Yes. Catalonia is populated mostly by Libs. Spanish Libs but Libs none-the-less.

That Obama's approval rating will be extremely low?

Wheat better evidence that Conservatives are racists? They want those ratings as low as they can go.

Why? Seems a strange thing for you to be "glad" about. Ah, you thought you could denigrate me by associating me with the religious forum (religious conservatives) lol. Knock yourself out.

But your liberalism is like a flashing strobe on your forehead. I was for a moment like a deer in headlights. Carry on.

I'm no Liberal.

The DDO Blog:

ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 10:39:48 AM
At 11/10/2014 6:56:27 PM, XLAV wrote:
I predict zombies.

C'mon, be specific. The 28 days later kind that are fast and angry, or the walking dead kind that are slow and hungry?