Jump to topic:

Noob Roundup Mafia 2.0 Day Phase 1

donniedarko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 1:39:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Zetsubou is the co-mod for this game and will handle pms due to me being banned. If you have a question for me you may pm me at any time and i will answer, however if I am banned I may not receive your question, you may also send questions to zetsubou.

1. Votes to lynch must be in bold or they won't be counted. (Because it's sometimes hard to tell what's an actual vote and what's just discussion of where you're leaning.

2. Please unvote (in bold) before casting a new vote.

3. To lynch requires that one player has votes from more than half of the current players. Once the player has the required number of votes, they're gone. For instance, beginning with 9 players, 5 votes will be necessary for the first day's lynching.

4. You may vote for a "no lynch". A vote of this kind from more than half of the current players is required to end the day without kicking anyone off the show.

5. Do not discuss this game outside of this thread

6. Only current players may post in this game. You can say "oh no" or avenge me townies" after you die but nothing strategy wise. Address all questions directly to me or Zetsubou

7. DO NOT screen-print your role, you can copy and paste but no screen-printing.

8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 24 hours, please post a notification in the thread. Please treat this game as a semi-serious commitment to the other players and contribute regularly.

9. Please do your part to make the game enjoyable for everyone. Abuse of other players (that's not in good fun) will probably not be tolerated.

10. If you have any questions, PM me!

This game is similar to the last game with the exception that it has roles. The roles are basic roles found on http://ddofans.com... role sidebar. Basic roles tend to have a high frequency of use.

Active Players:
1. Marauder
2. xxdarkxx
3. Korashk
4. OreEle
5. oceanix
6. Koopin
7.Kahvan

Good luck to all players.

ALSO PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ROLES WITH ZETSUBOU. If you did not receive your role feel free to pm me or post the question here.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 2:20:40 PM
So ya, I'm here. I read the first one of these and I guess nothing really happens early on. This is pretty new to me.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 4:53:34 PM
Vote No Lynch

unless someone puts their foot in their mouth and gives us a reason.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 5:16:39 PM
Since there are only 7 of us playing it doesn't seem prudent to give the Mafia a free kill. Even if lynching is likely to knock off a Townie the chances of lynching a Mafia player is at least 14% if there's only one of them, which I doubt. I also doubt that the Mafia would outnumber the townies which would, using my logic give us at best a 43% chance of lynching. If we go by the last Noob Mafia game there were two mafia which would give a 28% chance to lynch.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 6:02:33 PM
I've done some thinking and seriously doubt tha there are 3 Mafia because that would make it entirely too easy for Mafia to win, there are most likely 2 because having only 1 just seems to defeatthe purpose of the game and wouldn't really require much strategy on the side of the Mafia. That person could just pretend to be a Townie without ever hinting at anything and leave the voting to chance/letting others look like Mafia while getting a free kill every night.

We also have to factor in that if a Townie is lynched today and another is lynched by the Mafia that gives a 40% chance of lynching a Mafia on the next day phase. The real wildcard in this game is that there are now roles but not all of them are in this game because that would be impossible unless a person can have multiple roles. It wouod seem to me that this game would only use the most basic roles.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 6:32:03 PM
At 5/1/2010 6:30:25 PM, donniedarko wrote:
At 5/1/2010 6:29:05 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I concur.

Please stop posting in this mafia game, you are not a player.

I concur.
donniedarko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 6:51:24 PM
At 5/1/2010 6:32:03 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I concur.

I concur.

Have some respect for mafia games and quit trolling. I'll give you one warning.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 6:59:18 PM
At 5/1/2010 6:51:24 PM, donniedarko wrote:
At 5/1/2010 6:32:03 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I concur.

I concur.

Have some respect for mafia games and quit trolling. I'll give you one warning.

I understand. When I stated my final "I concur," that meant that I would stop going on this forum and posting. I am now finished. Thanks for the threatening warning.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 8:39:29 PM
due to the nature of the last noob game and this one they seem difficult to compare. as the last noob game consisted of only mafia and townies. where as this version contains other roles.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 8:51:56 PM
At 5/1/2010 8:39:29 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
due to the nature of the last noob game and this one they seem difficult to compare. as the last noob game consisted of only mafia and townies. where as this version contains other roles.

I'm wondering if more than one person can have the same role.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 9:01:53 PM
At 5/1/2010 8:55:25 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
hmmmm well townies i think but i dont know other than that. thats something to ask askbob

Fix'd

I'm also wondering if everyone has a role. The reason I'm asking these questions in the thread and not a PM is because since we're all new it would be good to know these things and askbob gets banned a lot making the PMing complicated. Much simpler this way.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 9:04:26 PM
At 5/1/2010 9:01:53 PM, Korashk wrote:
hmmmm well townies i think but i dont know other than that. thats something to ask askbob

Fix'd

I'm also wondering if everyone has a role. The reason I'm asking these questions in the thread and not a PM is because since we're all new it would be good to know these things and askbob gets banned a lot making the PMing complicated. Much simpler this way.

Not everyone has a role. I don't at least, I suspect only one person to have the special role. Whoever it is, DO NOT SAY YOUR ROLE! It will only help the mafia.
kfc
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 9:09:43 PM
At 5/1/2010 4:53:34 PM, OreEle wrote:
Vote No Lynch

unless someone puts their foot in their mouth and gives us a reason.

I am not trying to get a quick lynch in or anything, but Why? We need to figure out who is mafia and give the mafia as few night phases as we can.

PS: I Am not accusing you of anything, since you are still new. But in later mafia games, when you want a no lynch on the first day, it shows that u are eager to get to the night phase.
kfc
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 9:14:31 PM
going on about what orele and korashk had talked about. it seems that orele had jumped right at the no lynch and to me it seems like that the only people that would want that would be the mafia as that gives them a free kill. where as townies will be taking any posrible chance to try and kill the mafia so why would orele want a no lynch?
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 9:20:57 PM
At 5/1/2010 9:04:26 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 5/1/2010 9:01:53 PM, Korashk wrote:

Fix'd

Not everyone has a role. I don't at least, I suspect only one person to have the special role. Whoever it is, DO NOT SAY YOUR ROLE! It will only help the mafia.

You saying that you don't have a role really doesn't mean anything. Strategic deception is pretty much how you win this game from what I understand. Someone saying that they don't have a role could in some contexts almost confirm that they do in fact have one.

I am also leanin towards voting OreEle, but I'm holding off until he responds to my point on probability and what that does to his vote.
donniedarko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 9:54:50 PM
At 5/1/2010 8:51:56 PM, Korashk wrote:

This is a question which will go unanswered. Past mafia games both PM and forum-style have been archived on the link in the original post. You can view them and determine the probability based on past games.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 9:56:23 PM
At 5/1/2010 9:54:50 PM, donniedarko wrote:

This is a question which will go unanswered. Past mafia games both PM and forum-style have been archived on the link in the original post. You can view them and determine the probability based on past games.

Why couldn't you just answer? Do you want them to learn independently?
'sup DDO -- july 2013
donniedarko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 10:03:41 PM
At 5/1/2010 9:56:23 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
Why couldn't you just answer? Do you want them to learn independently?

This, and as a good moderator you should have as little influence on the game as possible. In a regular mafia game amongst experienced players the question would similarly go unanswered. All one has to do is peruse past games to ascertain the probability of the answer's options.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 10:35:11 PM
At 5/1/2010 9:54:50 PM, donniedarko wrote:

I think this answers my question by implying that it is possible for people to have the same role. If it were a rule that two people couldn't have the same role the moderator wouln't have qualms about answering the question.
donniedarko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 11:48:01 PM
This day phase will end at 8pm ET on tuesday. People who have not posted once by then will be replaced. If no majority lynch is to be had the end result will be a no-lynch and the game will proceed to the first night phase.

Night phases will last approximately 2 days, players who do not submit a night action due to inactivity will be replaced at the end of those 2 days and if such is the case, the night phase will be extended 1 day so the replacement has time to submit his action.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 12:22:21 AM
Lats just say that there are 5 townie and 2 mafia. In DP1 there is a 72% of lynching a townie, then the mafia will 100% lynch a townie, meaning that by DP2 town will only be up 3 to 2 and that means 1 single mis-lynch is game over. Town has no room for mistake. What happens if we lynch a cop or a doctor (assuming that we even have those roles, I'm just guessing as they are common basic roles)?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 1:01:03 AM
At 5/2/2010 12:22:21 AM, OreEle wrote:
Lats just say that there are 5 townie and 2 mafia. In DP1 there is a 72% of lynching a townie, then the mafia will 100% lynch a townie, meaning that by DP2 town will only be up 3 to 2 and that means 1 single mis-lynch is game over. Town has no room for mistake. What happens if we lynch a cop or a doctor (assuming that we even have those roles, I'm just guessing as they are common basic roles)?

Two sides of the coin. a vote for no lynch means that there's a 100% chance that no Mafia die this phase whereas, assuming that there is a doctor that can save a townie the chance of picking him are only 20%.

Lynch OreEle
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 6:16:26 AM
At 5/1/2010 9:20:57 PM, Korashk wrote:

You saying that you don't have a role really doesn't mean anything. Strategic deception is pretty much how you win this game from what I understand. Someone saying that they don't have a role could in some contexts almost confirm that they do in fact have one.

Lol, true. But still, if you have a role do not say what it is. Just use it whenever you can.

I to am leaning OreEle, but he did have a good point about not wanting to lynch a good role.
kfc