Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:37:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
-- CONTINUE DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD --

VOTE COUNT:

JBlake (mongoose, SportsGuru, ournamestoolong, belle, xxdarkxx, Hurstman, feverish, Bellum, comoncents, sac8, Ragnar, DontBeRacist, Korashk) -- 13/15 votes needed to lynch

Bellum (Vi_Veri, JBlake) -- 2/15 votes needed to lynch
President of DDO
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:38:28 PM
Last post:
At 5/8/2010 1:33:30 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:

At 5/8/2010 1:30:19 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I haven't, but after AskBob's thing last game started making it seem like a legit strategy, rather than it being merely a mafia guise.

That impression is to mafia's advantage. The only time you should "just trust someone" I think is if they specifically ask to be lynched first day phase or maybe the second if the mod is experienced enough to set a good difficult jester condition.

Sorry, can I get a rewording on that? No offense or anything, I've asked for rewordings before from you; I'm just not good with your sentence structure :P

Askbob is a mexican jumping bean. "Just trust me," if you start trusting it, becomes INCREDIBLY easy for mafia to pull off. Since town has an easier time with legit stories than mafia (after all, the town's stories are true). The only exception-- if someone asks to be lynched the first or second day phase-- lynch that person. They obviously aren't mafia or a normal town role. And it's too quick for the jester to fulfill the special conditions they need to ruin everybody's day by getting lynched, at least with a good mod. The only good possibility if they are playing well is that they have a townie role the death of which confirms some advantage for the town.

(exception to the exception character! Games in which there might be a Jesus character in the cult. Then be careful).
Hurstman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:38:29 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:37:14 PM, theLwerd wrote:

VOTE COUNT:

JBlake (mongoose, SportsGuru, ournamestoolong, belle, xxdarkxx, Hurstman, feverish, Bellum, comoncents, sac8, Ragnar, DontBeRacist, Korashk) -- 13/15 votes needed to lynch

FIRST!=)
Cody_Franklin- "You aren't the sharpest bulb in the box, are you?"

Strikeeagle84015- "Why would you want a sharp bulb?"

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people" --Eleanor Roosevelt
DontBeRacist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:38:49 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:38:29 PM, Hurstman wrote:

VOTE COUNT:

FIRST!=)
Nope.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:38:57 PM
Sos.

No one understands me.

Wahh. I'm gonna spray my hair black and cut my wrists and wear girl jeans.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:39:07 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:38:49 PM, DontBeRacist wrote:

VOTE COUNT:

FIRST!=)
Nope.

Owned
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:39:22 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:38:57 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Sos.

No one understands me.

Pics please.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:39:26 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:38:26 PM, JBlake wrote:
At 5/8/2010 1:35:45 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 5/8/2010 1:32:03 PM, oceanix wrote:
At 5/8/2010 1:31:13 PM, DontBeRacist wrote:
At 5/8/2010 1:28:01 PM, JBlake wrote:
The watcher SHOULD NOT come out. He should remain anonymous until I am targeted. I can guarantee they will target me sometime this game (since I am the doctor...). Probably sooner rather than later. If the watcher stays on me then we will have one mafia member caught. Additionally, I will be able to protect people.

Everytime you add that little bit I become more convinced you're lying.

Why?

Probably because outing yourself as the doctor pretty much makes your job useless in a game this big. It isn't really a benefit to the town because the Mafia could likely just role-block him for the rest of the game.

Not entirely useless. the possibility of a WATCHER is enough to either scare the mafia away from me, or enough to actually catch one.

DBR: Then you are not nearly as good at reading people as you think. ;) You will find out soon enough (since I am the doctor... ;) ).
Hurstman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:39:42 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:39:07 PM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:
At 5/8/2010 1:38:49 PM, DontBeRacist wrote:

VOTE COUNT:

FIRST!=)
Nope.

Owned

Haha

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people" --Eleanor Roosevelt
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:41:07 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:39:22 PM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:
Sos.

No one understands me.

Pics please.

You wanna see my crotch in tight girl jeans?

Sick dude.

^_^
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:41:51 PM
This is the last post I made, accidentally came after the /thread:

At 5/8/2010 1:32:03 PM, oceanix wrote:
At 5/8/2010 1:31:13 PM, DontBeRacist wrote:
At 5/8/2010 1:28:01 PM, JBlake wrote:
The watcher SHOULD NOT come out. He should remain anonymous until I am targeted. I can guarantee they will target me sometime this game (since I am the doctor...). Probably sooner rather than later. If the watcher stays on me then we will have one mafia member caught. Additionally, I will be able to protect people.

Everytime you add that little bit I become more convinced you're lying.

Why?

Probably because outing yourself as the doctor pretty much makes your job useless in a game this big. It isn't really a benefit to the town because the Mafia could likely just role-block him for the rest of the game.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
BIgMac_2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:42:15 PM
HOLY ----. i leave for a couple hours to see Iron Man, and i miss 250+ posts?! urghhhh.

first one to convince me gets me as an extra bandwagon jump.
Body's breaking, drive me crazy
This is not your place
No, this is not your playground it's my heart
We were stupid, we got caught
Nothing matters anymore
So what? Here we are Juggernaut
- Coheed & Cambria

NOTE: WHEN SHOOTING A MIME, DO NOT USE A SILENCER OR HIS FRIENDS WILL HEAR YOU.
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:43:36 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:41:07 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 5/8/2010 1:39:22 PM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:
Sos.

No one understands me.

Pics please.

You wanna see my crotch in tight girl jeans?

Sick dude.

^_^

Hellz yea.

BigMac WTF
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:43:45 PM
Big Mac. I am the doctor. Do not vote for me. I role revealed and posted my role PM.

Oceanix: the only name she included was the one I gave.
Hurstman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:43:56 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:42:15 PM, BIgMac_2 wrote:
HOLY ----. i leave for a couple hours to see Iron Man, and i miss 250+ posts?! urghhhh.

JBlake claims to be doctor, but heres the thing

1) If he is, he failed as townie and is now willing to waste other townie roles

2) He's lying (Most probable), and we lynch him

Lynch JBlake

Hurstman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:45:14 PM

We highly doubt him because of the way he revealed such a powerful role 5 votes before he'd be lynched. That helps mafia. Also, everyone seems to think thats not his playing style.

oceanix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:45:59 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:43:56 PM, Hurstman wrote:

Lynch JBlake

Hurstman, is this your first mafia game?
Hurstman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:46:34 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:45:59 PM, oceanix wrote:
At 5/8/2010 1:43:56 PM, Hurstman wrote:

Lynch JBlake

Hurstman, is this your first mafia game?

Yep

oceanix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:46:40 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:45:14 PM, Hurstman wrote:

We highly doubt him because of the way he revealed such a powerful role 5 votes before he'd be lynched. That helps mafia. Also, everyone seems to think thats not his playing style.

If he'd waited any longer, it would have been easy for all remaining mafia voting for him to quickly jump on the bandwagon.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:46:56 PM

Summary: I Randomed WJM, the mod screwed up and basically confirmed him as Ceres, we think that makes the most story sense as a townie.

I randomed myself, but I'd already outed myself as Juno, which led to the mod screwup.

I randomed Jblake, he says "Just trustme " bs for several hours, then roleclaims doctor, then makes a PM to prove it that looks like a doctored PM to me. Some people also think because he used the Greek name that's a sign of BS given that the rest of us have Roman names. So that's why he's on the chopping block.

Bellum seems to have implicated himself if Jblake turns up innocent with a "it'd be his fault if he is" post, and Nags seemsto me to have implicated himself if Jblake turns up guilty by going with a very halfhearted reason to stop voting him. (His "plan" supposedly sounds good... a plan tat requires using up and abusing one or more roles, some of which may not be present).
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:48:36 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:46:40 PM, oceanix wrote:
At 5/8/2010 1:45:14 PM, Hurstman wrote:

If he'd waited any longer, it would have been easy for all remaining mafia voting for him to quickly jump on the bandwagon.

But ifthe Mafia were to quickly bandwagon him for seemigky no significant reason (at the time) it woukd paint targets on all of those peiple's backs.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:49:18 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:46:56 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Summary: I Randomed WJM, the mod screwed up and basically confirmed him as Ceres, we think that makes the most story sense as a townie.

I randomed myself, but I'd already outed myself as Juno, which led to the mod screwup.

I randomed Jblake, he says "Just trustme " bs for several hours, then roleclaims doctor, then makes a PM to prove it that looks like a doctored PM to me. Some people also think because he used the Greek name that's a sign of BS given that the rest of us have Roman names. So that's why he's on the chopping block.

Bellum seems to have implicated himself if Jblake turns up innocent with a "it'd be his fault if he is" post, and Nags seemsto me to have implicated himself if Jblake turns up guilty by going with a very halfhearted reason to stop voting him. (His "plan" supposedly sounds good... a plan tat requires using up and abusing one or more roles, some of which may not be present).

Dunno how that makes me guilty honestly :P
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:50:09 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:49:18 PM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:

"Makes you guilty?" No.

Makes you an above-random probability of guilt?

I think so.
Hurstman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:51:21 PM
BigMac_2, lynch JBlake

BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:51:23 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:50:09 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 5/8/2010 1:49:18 PM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:

"Makes you guilty?" No.

Makes you an above-random probability of guilt?

I think so.

Got ya. Makes sense
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:52:14 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:51:21 PM, Hurstman wrote:
BigMac_2, lynch JBlake

No. Do not lynch JBlake. And Hurstman, you should unlynch JBlake.
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:52:43 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:52:14 PM, JBlake wrote:
BigMac_2, lynch JBlake

Im hungry. Want a muffin?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2010 1:53:11 PM
At 5/8/2010 1:52:14 PM, JBlake wrote:
BigMac_2, lynch JBlake

Make sure to read the name of the author of this post while considering how much weight to put on its instructions.