Jump to topic:

My right to choose to die

serenity_1969
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 6:04:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am new here, hence the purple circle and the complete ignorance of socially acceptable posts. There is some peace in not knowing any better, isn't there?

I came upon this website tonight while I researching "right to die" and "suicide" information.

No, I am not writing a paper.
No, I am not depressed.
No, I am not terminally ill.
And no, I am not old.... yet. But I will be someday. And I am going to go out the way I want, unless someone or something else takes me first.

My search was all inclusive. What are the best ways to die on your own terms? At what point do I share my decision with my friends and family, or should I not share my decision at all? Can I talk to my lawyer about my decision without having to worry that she will need to report my decision? What do I need to "have in order" before I take this step?

I am asking for your opinions on the questions above. I do not need your opinions about the choice I am making, this is my decision. It is not something I will be doing in the near future, I still have my bucket list to complete. :-) But I do know that, before I become a burden on my children, or extended family, or on society.... and before I am too old or too sick to make this decision on my own, I will choose how and when I die.

Feel free to skip this post completely if I have offended you with my questions, or my decision. That was not my intent. I simply want to have my plan in place, and I value the thoughts others have about how to proceed.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 8:17:54 PM
At 11/29/2014 6:04:40 AM, serenity_1969 wrote:
I am new here, hence the purple circle and the complete ignorance of socially acceptable posts. There is some peace in not knowing any better, isn't there?

I came upon this website tonight while I researching "right to die" and "suicide" information.

No, I am not depressed.
And no, I am not old.... yet. But I will be someday. And I am going to go out the way I want, unless someone or something else takes me first.

My search was all inclusive. What are the best ways to die on your own terms? At what point do I share my decision with my friends and family, or should I not share my decision at all? Can I talk to my lawyer about my decision without having to worry that she will need to report my decision? What do I need to "have in order" before I take this step?

I am asking for your opinions on the questions above. I do not need your opinions about the choice I am making, this is my decision. It is not something I will be doing in the near future, I still have my bucket list to complete. :-) But I do know that, before I become a burden on my children, or extended family, or on society.... and before I am too old or too sick to make this decision on my own, I will choose how and when I die.

Feel free to skip this post completely if I have offended you with my questions, or my decision. That was not my intent. I simply want to have my plan in place, and I value the thoughts others have about how to proceed.

Well, since you are going to kill yourself "before" you become helpless or infirmed, you need no right to kill yourself. Just put a bullet in your brain end of story. Laying on a deathbed comatose is a different story and would require a right to die scenario.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 8:20:52 PM
At 11/29/2014 8:17:54 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 11/29/2014 6:04:40 AM, serenity_1969 wrote:

No, I am not depressed.

Well, since you are going to kill yourself "before" you become helpless or infirmed, you need no right to kill yourself. Just put a bullet in your brain end of story. Laying on a deathbed comatose is a different story and would require a right to die scenario.

Oh ya, if you do choose to end your life prematurely, remember life insurance companies won't pay, so your wife and kids will be left penniless if in fact you had life insurance. A right to die won't ever change that.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%