Jump to topic:

The Gods Mafia: DAY PHASE 6

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 9:05:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
MOD NOTICES: Unless this day phase is abnormally short, I'm probably going to replace those who don't post in it and who haven't posted in half of them. Thank ya.

-- Story --

Jupiter didn't know what to make of it, but he sensed things were working in his favor. Vesta's death proved that his wife was right about Mercury, but he was sad that she had to die in order to prove it. He didn't think she'd be back as Mars came back, and even now he too was gone again for good.

Jupiter decided to visit the oracle at Delphi and wondered if he could channel some answers through the late Apollo. He asked, "What advice would Apollo give me now? If only he were here..." The Pythia replied, "But Apollo is here. He's still among you..."

"I don't mean figuratively" Jupiter snapped. "I need Apollo back; I need his help."

"Apollo is among you... somehow..." she replied, "And his powers retained. He is a great asset, though he helped you last night, and his help won't be much help at all."

Jupiter struggled with the seemingly contradictory answer. He didn't know what to make of it; he was never good with oracle paradoxes and puzzles. "Please," he begged, "Just elaborate! What you're saying is seemingly impossible."

"Not everything is what it seems," she replied. She started to walk away, but Jupiter cried out again. "Is that it?!" he asked, frustrated. "Not everything is always what they seem," she repeated, and disappeared into the thick air.

-- Deceased --

Korashk -- You are a dedicated priest. Your role is MAFIA GOON #2. You really want to help Constantine spread his cause (Christianity), so you're more than happy to help take out the Roman gods. Silly pagans. Each night phase, goon #1 will carry out the mafia's night kills until their death. Once they die, you will take over and carry out the night kills. Additionally, you will have a one-shot opportunity to silence one player at any point in the game - use this power wisely! Also, you carry a gun. You win with the mafia (stay tuned for your mafia PM). Good luck!

Leafrod (mongeese) -- You are Strenua, the goddess of strength and endurance. Your role is the TOWNIE ROLEBLOCKER. You're super strong and firmly believe in your cause; you'll do what it takes to aid your godly bretheran! Each night phase you get to select one player and block them from accomplishing their night action. You win with the town. Good luck!

Ragnar_Rahl -- You are Juno, the goddess of protection. Your role is the BODYGUARD. Each night phase you will get to select one player to protect from harm. If they are about to die, you will die in their place. You win with the town. Good luck!

Kahvan -- You are Mars, the god of war. Your role is the VIGILANTE. You're used to killing -- It doesn't bother you. Each night phase you may choose to target a player for a night kill. You may forfeit this night action on any given night. You carry a gun. You win the town. Good luck!

Clockwork -- You are Vesta, goddess of the hearth and family. Your role is the CULT RECRUITER. Not much is known about Vesta except that she was at first only worshipped in Roman homes by a cult following. You happen to think that everyone should worship you, and as such, you will be able to recruit one player into your cult every other night phase beginning on NP1. If you target a townie, their role alignment will shift from town to cult and thus they will win with the cult, and enter into a PM with you. If you attempt to recruit a mason, mafioso or someone being protected, you die. You may forfeit your night action at any time.You win with the cult. Good luck!

-- Active Players --

2. Hurstman
4. Ournamestoolong
7. Cody
9. Koopin
10. Mongoose
14. Zetsubou
15. Nags
16. Puck
17. Vi_Veri
18. Feverish
19. oceanix
20. DontBeRacist
23.xxdarkxx
24. JBlake2
25. BigMac
27. Rezzealaux

-- Vote Count --

Hurstman (Hurstman) -- 1/9 votes needed to lynch
President of DDO
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 9:11:44 AM
Now we have confirmation that there is a cult. There are 3 or 4 members left. If the cult began with 2 players then there should be 4 left. If there was only the recruiter, than 3 remain.

Everyone is now a suspect, except for anyone in the masons. We can probably begin with suspecting the better, more experienced players as cult. They are the likely ones to have been recruited.

We are also looking at 1 - 2 mafia members left.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 9:18:01 AM
Here is a list of the better players along with well known useful roles. These people are suspect as cult. Kahvan is exempt because he was town when he died, and he was dead during night phase 5, when the cult had the ability to recruit.

Useful Roles and Experienced Players: (7/16)
I suspect that at least 2-3 from this list is cult.
7. Cody
10. Mongoose
15. Nags
16. Puck
17. Vi_Veri
18. Feverish
27. Rezzealaux
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 9:23:49 AM
Out of the above list, here is my suspect list in order:
18. Feverish
16. Puck
15. Nags
10. Mongoose
27. Rezzealaux
7. Cody
17. Vi_Veri
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 9:29:01 AM
At 5/17/2010 9:18:01 AM, JBlake wrote:

Useful Roles and Experienced Players: (7/16)
I suspect that at least 2-3 from this list is cult.
7. Cody
10. Mongoose
15. Nags
16. Puck
17. Vi_Veri
18. Feverish
27. Rezzealaux

Wow, flattered to be included on the list of "experienced and better" players in my first proper game lol but I think you forgot your own name as well JBlake.

I'm pretty sure of one person on this lists innocence (as well as my own of course) based on their role but can't be sure.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 9:58:23 AM
NAGS: You are the watcher. The obvious move last night was t watch Kahvan. You were instructed to do so. Did you watch him? What were the results? If you did not watch him you will need to explain why.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 10:33:51 AM
MOD NOTICE: It's been brought to my attention that the most fair thing to do is to identify the cult once they have been killed, which I'll do from now on. I thought it was pretty clear from the story that SportsGuru was cult (and Clockwork, obviously, given his role) -- Those are the only 2 dead cult members.
President of DDO
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 10:38:15 AM
At 5/17/2010 10:03:59 AM, JBlake wrote:
I do not believe you, Zet.
Why not?

I'm with you 100%. No major doubt but your ability to take charge now is a responsibility, start killing townies and the finger will point -> insta lynch.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 11:01:27 AM
At 5/17/2010 10:33:51 AM, theLwerd wrote:
MOD NOTICE: It's been brought to my attention that the most fair thing to do is to identify the cult once they have been killed, which I'll do from now on. I thought it was pretty clear from the story that SportsGuru was cult (and Clockwork, obviously, given his role) -- Those are the only 2 dead cult members.

Some of us don't read the stories. ;)
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 11:30:41 AM
At 5/17/2010 11:20:26 AM, JBlake wrote:
2 - 3/16 Cult
1 - 2/16 Mafia

3 - 5/16 Anti-Town
11 - 11/16 Town

Fixed

13/16?
'sup DDO -- july 2013
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 11:42:54 AM
At 5/17/2010 11:30:41 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 5/17/2010 11:20:26 AM, JBlake wrote:
2 - 3/16 Cult
1 - 2/16 Mafia

3 - 5/16 Anti-Town
11 - 11/16 Town

Fixed

13/16?

If there is two cult and one mafia member left, then there would be 13 innocents...
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 12:03:11 PM
At 5/17/2010 10:05:04 AM, JBlake wrote:
Feverish: You are online right now. Who do you suspect as being cult and why?

I may have been online but I was doing non DDO stuff. Often I leave multiple windows open.

I don't have any clues who might be cult, do we have anything at all to go on other than your random list?

You have ignored my question about why you suspect me. Apparently I am high on your list but you give no reasoning whatsoever.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 12:07:17 PM
There is without a doubt at least 2 mafia members left as when korashk was killed it stated that he was goon #3, thus as #1 and #2 had not yet been killed, they are definatly still out there.

As the politician is town it seems likely to me that hurstman could easily be mafia or cult.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 12:20:32 PM
KorashK is Mafia Goon # 2. I am fairly certain that we have already killed Mafia Goon # 1 already as well. We have a Mafia Roleblocker left, at least.