The Gods Mafia: RESULTS

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 6:20:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Congratulations, Town!

Upon his lynching, ournamestoolong (Jester) won with the town and shares the victory.

Winners: Ragnar_Rahl, ournamestoolong, JBlake, Vi_Veri, Cody, koopin, mongoose, Kahvan, Zetsubou, Nags, feverish, oceanix, xxdarkxx, BigMac, Rezz and wjmelements.

Losers: SportsGuru, Hurstman, SAC8, Clockwork, Korashk, Puck, DontBeRacist, Bellum, comoncents and belle.

The cult started out with solely a recruiter (Clockwork). He recruited Puck on NP1 and SportsGuru on NP3. On NP5 he died trying to recruit Rezzealaux who was a mason. On that same night, Rezz tried to recruit Puck into the masons. Ragnar, his body guard, died in his (Rezz's) place since Puck was part of the cult.

Unfortunately, I kept my word about assigning roles randomly based on number. While I considered this to be the most fair option at the time, it actually hurt the game because nearly the entire mafia turned out to be n00bs! Fortunately, belle signed up at the very last minute and I assigned her to the mafia to try and help them. Feverish's lucky guess on investigating her made her pretty useless early in the game. Hurstman, Korashk and SAC have never played in a mafia game before. I'm pretty sure that DontBeRacist and even belle had only played in 1 game before this as well (and never as mafia).

The only 2 somewhat mafia veterans were Bellum and comoncents... which isn't saying much. Comoncents as the usurper essentially outed the entire mafia, including sacrificing the Godfather (which was DUMB considering they could have worked together since they would have shared the victory, as I explained in his role). Bellum chose to use his 1-shot investigation ability on NP1 (already a bad idea) to investigate Ragnar who had already ROLE REVEALED ON DP1. In other words, he completely wasted his ability.

But let's not only hate on the mafia. I believe 5 people - including the cop - targeted Ragnar on NP1 despite him role revealing (and me essentially confirming it). I guess with JBlake dead and me not playing, their first instinct was to target Ragnar. This was dumb. People really ought to stop targeting the same 2-3 people on NP1 lol. Anyway, there were a handful of other mistakes due to people not paying attention. For example, Hurstman claimed Sors - the god of Luck very early on, and Zetsubou who really had that role didn't say anything about it.

Now, Bellum came up with the fake gambler role claim (Sors) in the mafia thread very early on in the game... which was a funny coincidence because I really did make up that role and apply it to that god haha! Aside from that though, I thought the mafia did a terrible job in making up fake claims based on the fact they could have easily used the same template I used for most townies when presenting a fake copypasta. All in all though, I'd say that (a) not paying attention -- so failing to use logic and (b) not cooperating with each other really hurt the mafia. Considering there were so many investigation roles I made 1/4 of the players anti-town to start.

I believe the only townies who didn't role reveal were BigMac (Disciplina, the goddess of discipline - vengeful townie) and oceanix (Bacchus, the god of wine - hero of the people).

Regarding how/why Vi was allowed back into the game, she investigated JBlake during DP1 and he died on NP1, therefore making her eligible to serve as a replacement on the very next day (since she didn't learn anything from her role). I mention this because people had questions and concerns about how/why she was allowed back into the game. Aside from that, did anybody else have any other questions for me?
President of DDO
ournamestoolong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 6:21:37 PM
You can go ahead and say it, I'm awesome.
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
Hurstman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 6:22:48 PM
At 5/19/2010 6:21:37 PM, ournamestoolong wrote:
You can go ahead and say it, I'm awesome.

YOUR AWESOME
Cody_Franklin- "You aren't the sharpest bulb in the box, are you?"

Strikeeagle84015- "Why would you want a sharp bulb?"

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people" --Eleanor Roosevelt
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 6:27:35 PM
At 5/19/2010 6:26:27 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 5/19/2010 6:26:01 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
What the hell is the "Hero of the People" role?

Fixed. Whatever. :P

Same as Princess.
Hurstman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 6:28:14 PM
At 5/19/2010 6:27:35 PM, Puck wrote:

Same as Princess.

Puck, enlighten us on how you knew about Korashk and I

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people" --Eleanor Roosevelt
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 6:29:05 PM
At 5/19/2010 6:28:14 PM, Hurstman wrote:
At 5/19/2010 6:27:35 PM, Puck wrote:

Same as Princess.

Puck, enlighten us on how you knew about Korashk and I

You, because you played stupidly, Korashk because he made a few slips about comoncents role and the DDO wiki.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 6:38:40 PM
Hey, now some of you can sign up for my game. ^_^

Also Puck, the thing about the sniper was a legit mistake, not bad strategy. I thought that it was a role on the wiki until I checked and corrected myself.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 6:41:43 PM
At 5/19/2010 6:20:09 PM, theLwerd wrote:
The cult started out with solely a recruiter (Clockwork). He recruited Puck on NP1 and SportsGuru on NP3. On NP5 he died trying to recruit Rezzealaux who was a mason. On that same night, Rezz tried to recruit Puck into the masons. Ragnar, his body guard, died in his (Rezz's) place since Puck was part of the cult.

F U C K
Y E A H
B A B Y
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 6:47:54 PM
I still can't believe that comoncents went rogue to get the heat off of HURSTMAN. When he ousted Sac8 and himself from what I was getting you all thought that he was just a dumb noob and was losing the kind of heat that gets you lynched.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 7:15:41 PM
At 5/19/2010 6:39:44 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Lwerd did an excellent job modding this game.

Thank you, though I made a mistake with your role name >.<

I got confused because originally I was going to do Greek Gods but then couldn't think of a theme for the story (mafia/cult)... So I changed it to Roman Gods. I thought of doing a Titans vs. Olympians game or Gods vs. Underworld game but then I was like eh, phuck it.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 7:16:08 PM
At 5/19/2010 6:58:36 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
4 Wins - 1 Loss
80%

he he he.

Even more proof that win/loss ratio means absolutely nothing in terms of ability.
President of DDO
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 7:17:08 PM
At 5/19/2010 7:15:41 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 5/19/2010 6:39:44 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Lwerd did an excellent job modding this game.

Thank you, though I made a mistake with your role name >.<

I got confused because originally I was going to do Greek Gods but then couldn't think of a theme for the story (mafia/cult)... So I changed it to Roman Gods. I thought of doing a Titans vs. Olympians game or Gods vs. Underworld game but then I was like eh, phuck it.

Are you kidding? The Romans invaded the Greeks and converted their gods to the Pantheon! That would have been awesome.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 7:19:43 PM
At 5/19/2010 7:16:08 PM, theLwerd wrote:
4 Wins - 1 Loss
80%

he he he.

Even more proof that win/loss ratio means absolutely nothing in terms of ability.
O rly?
What did I so wrong? I knew JBlake wasn't mafia I just wanted him dead.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Hurstman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 7:20:57 PM
At 5/19/2010 7:19:43 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
4 Wins - 1 Loss
80%

he he he.

O rly?

That's exactly what you did wrong^^^^
Plus letting me go unnoticed so long as Sors. =P

Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 7:31:23 PM
At 5/19/2010 7:20:57 PM, Hurstman wrote:
At 5/19/2010 7:19:43 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
4 Wins - 1 Loss
80%

he he he.

O rly?

That's exactly what you did wrong^^^^
He accused with some crap reasons and you like sheep go along it.
Plus letting me go unnoticed so long as Sors. =P
Well there could have been two, it was an experiment role anyway. When I claimed Sors on my 6th post, you became active so... meh.

Did you come up with the role yourself?
'sup DDO -- july 2013
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 7:32:50 PM
i am going to WTF about comoncents for the rest of my life :P

otherwise, good game!
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 7:42:19 PM
Zetsubou - they weren't crap reasons. You 100% looked guilty even though you weren't, so JBlake was right for suspecting you. You let a mafia slide calling out your role, you insisted on lynching another townie, you refused to cooperate with your team... basically you're just a liability to any team you're on. Even when you're a townie you don't help them lol you actually hurt them :p
President of DDO
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 7:47:11 PM
At 5/19/2010 7:42:19 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Zetsubou - they weren't crap reasons. You 100% looked guilty even though you weren't, so JBlake was right for suspecting you. You let a mafia slide calling out your role, you insisted on lynching another townie, you refused to cooperate with your team... basically you're just a liability to any team you're on. Even when you're a townie you don't help them lol you actually hurt them :p

What is guilty behaviour?

At 5/17/2010 1:10:23 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 5/17/2010 1:06:26 PM, JBlake wrote:
At 5/17/2010 1:04:00 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
JBlake

Under what "evidence" am I suspicious to you.

I already mentioned this a few times. You CCed Hurst on SORS. Then you refused to copy/paste your role PM over and over again. Then you asked everyone else to role reveal. All of this is against the town's est interest.

You would probably have been killed on DP4 if we did not have 3 mafia lined up ahead of you.

That doesn't make me Mafia. Not only did I RC, I noticed the difference in our roles. his was about 5 lines mine atleast 8. Mine had many different effects his less so. His is double shot mine is one shot.

What is my Role, JBlake? My Role Claim and Non-Town role?
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 7:53:40 PM
Now that I reread, as patronizing, irritating and over empathic as I appear I don't look mafia.

Not to mention your error Lwerd.

14. You are Sors, the god of luck. Your role is the GAMBLER. This is a new role I'm experimenting with. On any night of your choosing, you may utilize your one-shot night action which is essentially the rolling of a die (as in dice). Each number represents a possible action, and whichever number you role from 1-6 determines the action you will perform on that night.

role-roll
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 7:54:00 PM
At 5/19/2010 6:38:40 PM, Korashk wrote:

Also Puck, the thing about the sniper was a legit mistake, not bad strategy. I thought that it was a role on the wiki until I checked and corrected myself.

Sure, you slipped up with the JOAT too.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 7:57:33 PM
At 5/19/2010 7:54:38 PM, theLwerd wrote:
What does my spelling error have to do with anything?

Made me look guilty.

At 5/17/2010 3:40:49 PM, DontBeRacist wrote:
At 5/17/2010 3:24:09 PM, Zetsubou wrote:

14. You are Sors, the god of luck. Your role is the GAMBLER. This is a new role I'm experimenting with. On any night of your choosing, you may utilize your one-shot night action which is essentially the rolling of a die (as in dice). Each number represents a possible action, and whichever number you role from 1-6 determines the action you will perform on that night.
L can't spell roll?
Yes.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 8:15:20 PM
At 5/19/2010 7:54:00 PM, Puck wrote:
At 5/19/2010 6:38:40 PM, Korashk wrote:

Sure, you slipped up with the JOAT too.

?