Jump to topic:

Bear Grylls can eat anything

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 1:34:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
is it safe to claim this man can eat anything to the degree of chuck norris level awsome? To use Bear in chuck norris style jokes?

like.....
In threat of a nuclear strike, Bear Grylls is called to eat the missil if nescisarry to survive. you tell him it could save his life and he will eat it.
or
Bear Grylls can survive the Chuck Norris roundhouse kick by eating it.
or
Lock Bear Grylls up in a room with nothing in it and he will still find something to eat and survive on.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Hurstman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 1:37:36 PM
At 5/21/2010 1:34:07 PM, Marauder wrote:

is it safe to claim this man can eat anything to the degree of chuck norris level awsome? To use Bear in chuck norris style jokes?

like.....
In threat of a nuclear strike, Bear Grylls is called to eat the missil if nescisarry to survive. you tell him it could save his life and he will eat it.
or
Bear Grylls can survive the Chuck Norris roundhouse kick by eating it.
or
Lock Bear Grylls up in a room with nothing in it and he will still find something to eat and survive on.

Yeah....what does this even mean?
Cody_Franklin- "You aren't the sharpest bulb in the box, are you?"

Strikeeagle84015- "Why would you want a sharp bulb?"

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people" --Eleanor Roosevelt
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 1:43:33 PM
At 5/21/2010 1:37:36 PM, Hurstman wrote:

chuck norris is just a christian martial artist who's roundhouse kick has acended to mythological levels of awsome in the minds of many.

I ask if Bear Grylls can become the same as that except through his stomach.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Hurstman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 1:46:18 PM
At 5/21/2010 1:43:33 PM, Marauder wrote:

chuck norris is just a christian martial artist who's roundhouse kick has acended to mythological levels of awsome in the minds of many.

I know Chuck Norris. Who's Bear Grylls?
Cody_Franklin- "You aren't the sharpest bulb in the box, are you?"

Strikeeagle84015- "Why would you want a sharp bulb?"

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people" --Eleanor Roosevelt
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 1:52:19 PM
At 5/21/2010 1:46:18 PM, Hurstman wrote:
At 5/21/2010 1:43:33 PM, Marauder wrote:

I know Chuck Norris. Who's Bear Grylls?

the british guy in the vidoes eating a bug burger, drinking elephant crap, and so much more! he's the host of a show called man vs wild http://en.wikipedia.org...

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 1:55:23 PM
At 5/21/2010 1:52:10 PM, Koopin wrote:
He is almost as cool as me.

lol. :)

A Scout is Obedient.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2010 11:29:18 AM
I wonder if he's ever been to a bear grill?

In Russia they serve bear in restaurants – I had a delicious bear stew in a little village not far from St. Petersburg once.

I wanted to ask the waiter if the bear was sustainably-sourced, ethically-reared and slaughtered in accordance with the highest animal welfare standards but I didn't know how to say that in Russian so I just assumed that it was and ordered it anyway!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2010 11:35:02 AM
At 5/24/2010 11:29:18 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

In Russia they serve bear in restaurants – I had a delicious bear stew in a little village not far from St. Petersburg once.

I wanted to ask the waiter if the bear was sustainably-sourced, ethically-reared and slaughtered in accordance with the highest animal welfare standards but I didn't know how to say that in Russian so I just assumed that it was and ordered it anyway!

is poached bear anything like poached eggs???

http://news.bbc.co.uk...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Lukas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2010 3:41:44 PM

Bear is one of the few meats I've not tried, whats it like?
SukiWater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 1:14:56 PM
At 5/24/2010 3:41:44 PM, Lukas wrote:

I don't suppose you want to try bear?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 2:46:08 PM
Most of those Bear Grylls videos are faked. Most times he stays in hots with proper meals, not under a rock\shrub\spiders nest.

Also, I thought Brian meant that restaurants served Bears in Russia meals, which had me thinking.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Lukas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 3:36:03 PM
At 5/26/2010 1:14:56 PM, SukiWater wrote:

Why not?
SukiWater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 3:41:08 PM
At 5/26/2010 3:36:03 PM, Lukas wrote:

Why not?

I don't know; perhaps because most are endangered?
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 3:51:23 PM
Brown and Black bears aren't. Which is probably what would be sold as food.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Lukas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 3:56:08 PM
At 5/26/2010 3:41:08 PM, SukiWater wrote:

Why not?

Where my wife comes from in the Balkans where its not uncommon to eat Bear. I'd not really stopped to think if they were endangered there, I'm pretty sure there not. If I thought they were I would definitely not eat it. Its not like I'm the kind of guy who would eat Panda if I were in China.
What can I say, I'm a bit of gastronaught. I love to try new foods. Charles Darwin was the same and was a member of a club called 'The Glutton Club' http://www.guardian.co.uk...
I don't think I would go so far as Owl but I have eaten some pretty funky things
SukiWater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 3:57:09 PM
At 5/26/2010 3:56:08 PM, Lukas wrote:

Why not?

Where my wife comes from in the Balkans where its not uncommon to eat Bear. I'd not really stopped to think if they were endangered there, I'm pretty sure there not. If I thought they were I would definitely not eat it. Its not like I'm the kind of guy who would eat Panda if I were in China.
What can I say, I'm a bit of gastronaught. I love to try new foods. Charles Darwin was the same and was a member of a club called 'The Glutton Club' http://www.guardian.co.uk...
I don't think I would go so far as Owl but I have eaten some pretty funky things

What kind of funky things? :p
Lukas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 4:10:38 PM
At 5/26/2010 3:57:09 PM, SukiWater wrote:
At 5/26/2010 3:56:08 PM, Lukas wrote:

Why not?

What kind of funky things? :p

When I was living in South East Asia I ate locusts, moth grubs, 1000 year old eggs (not recommended!), Durian (a big spiky fruit that smelled like rancid flesh but tasted delicious) In Morocco I ate sheep's eyeball, rancid sheep's fat (truly foul!) When I'm in France visiting the family I regularly eat frogs-legs as well as occasionally snails. In Cambodia I at a stew thing at a coach-stop with unidentified meat I asked the guy what it was and he went 'woof woof' but think he was f***in with me lol.
Most of the foods aint funky at all to the folkes from the countries that eat them but most Brits can be really fussy about them, I find.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 4:13:24 PM
At 5/26/2010 4:10:38 PM, Lukas wrote:

Most of the foods aint funky at all to the folkes from the countries that eat them but most Brits can be really fussy about them, I find.

Yeah, you wouldn't catch me eating that crazy ish.
Lukas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 4:17:05 PM
At 5/26/2010 4:13:24 PM, feverish wrote:
At 5/26/2010 4:10:38 PM, Lukas wrote:

Yeah, you wouldn't catch me eating that crazy ish.

Not likely to catch you eatin much apart from chicken! Ya fussy get! lol, at least you have graduated fom beans and chips!
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 9:45:10 AM

Tough and gristly (not grizzly!) and it needs to be cooked for ages, which is why it is usually served in a goulash or similar stew.

It is also very dark and tastes a bit like a cross between pork and venison.

By the way, last night I had dionner at Simpson's-in-the-Strand. To start I ordered pan-fried scallops but what I really wanted was the roasted wood pigeon breast but the girl I was with said she liked pigeons and enjoys feeding them and thought it would be cruel to kill them and eat them, so I missed out.

If you are in London, you must eat there, the food is typically English but don't let that put you off, it's superb!

http://www.simpsonsinthestrand.co.uk...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...