DDO Christian Accountability/Community Group

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 9:55:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hey,

So I heard a really powerful sermon this weekend about how Christianity can only be fully practiced as a community. Community is an integral part of the Christian faith. I wanted to gauge interest in a group where we could encourage each other, talk about faith, have bible study etc. on DDO with fellow DDO members. We could get our own Google Hangout link and stuff. Think it might be cool.

If you're interested let me know. Toying with this idea right now.
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:00:10 AM
At 12/16/2014 9:55:18 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Hey,

So I heard a really powerful sermon this weekend about how Christianity can only be fully practiced as a community. Community is an integral part of the Christian faith. I wanted to gauge interest in a group where we could encourage each other, talk about faith, have bible study etc. on DDO with fellow DDO members. We could get our own Google Hangout link and stuff. Think it might be cool.

You def grabbed my attention! I so need this! I'm in!
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:01:57 AM
Hey,

We should create a default pic or find a default pic that's the same so that it would display our group for this too! This way everyone knows who they can speak to when it comes to the Bible and what not? What do you think?
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:04:52 AM
At 12/16/2014 10:01:57 AM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
Hey,

We should create a default pic or find a default pic that's the same so that it would display our group for this too! This way everyone knows who they can speak to when it comes to the Bible and what not? What do you think?

Yeah possibly, or putting something in your forum sig would work too.

I just don't know who else would be interested in this but yeah I feel like I would benefit from this too.
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:08:55 AM
At 12/16/2014 10:04:52 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Hey,

I just don't know who else would be interested in this but yeah I feel like I would benefit from this too.

I could invite or send this to a group PM and let people who I know that day they are Christian should join too. And yeah the sig would be good but I mentioned the pic because well if we are going to take this seriously, then we'd new to display some form of appropriateness as an example. Ya know? :)
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:10:11 AM
At 12/16/2014 10:08:55 AM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
Hey,

I could invite or send this to a group PM and let people who I know that day they are Christian should join too. And yeah the sig would be good but I mentioned the pic because well if we are going to take this seriously, then we'd new to display some form of appropriateness as an example. Ya know? :)

Yeah true, well yeah start up the PM and invite who you want. I'm down.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:18:31 AM
This is a good idea. ^.^
I would do this for Muslims... but we don't have that many here... XD
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:20:00 AM
At 12/16/2014 10:18:31 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
This is a good idea. ^.^

You and Mirza can start one :D lol
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:21:45 AM
At 12/16/2014 10:10:03 AM, XLAV wrote:
Can I join?

Oh you should've told me sooner cuse I just sent out a group PM. I'll post here what I sent though anyways. Cause even If your not a Christian which I know you said your not your still welcome to join just because if you have questions than it's because you want to learn.
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:24:54 AM
Can I join?

Hello everyone, this is an invitation to you all who have previously professed to be a believer in Christ or may be interested in learning.

Conservativepolitio is the former creator of this but I took it upon myself to further this to see how many people we can gather I'm this as an organization.

I also suggested to CP, that we could create a default pic or find one suitable for this organization and also maybe have sigs that would be the same pertaining to this.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to do so here. Thanks :)

~Marie~
Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:27:06 AM
Hey,

I rather like my image. A Sig would word :)

But we need rules. There are alot of different denominational beliefs and many conflict in ways that may cause tension among some members.
Orthadox, Catholic, and Protestantism (itself having many groups, including numerous that are similar to Catholicism) are incredible different in many aspects. And what of groups such as mormonism and (god-forbid) WBC. Technically they are "christian".
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:35:04 AM
At 12/16/2014 10:27:06 AM, Unitomic wrote:
Hey,

But we need rules. There are alot of different denominational beliefs and many conflict in ways that may cause tension among some members.
Orthadox, Catholic, and Protestantism (itself having many groups, including numerous that are similar to Catholicism) are incredible different in many aspects. And what of groups such as mormonism and (god-forbid) WBC. Technically they are "christian".
Rules that apply to DDO concerning conduct would obviously apply and of course being civil and respectful to others questions or opinions and beliefs. Were all not going to agree on the same matters, but we can agree to disagree or disagree to agree either way. If these rules are followed I'm sure things will work out fine. Grant, is this fine for rules or maybe add more?
Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:37:08 AM
At 12/16/2014 10:35:04 AM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
Hey,

Rules that apply to DDO concerning conduct would obviously apply and of course being civil and respectful to others questions or opinions and beliefs. Were all not going to agree on the same matters, but we can agree to disagree or disagree to agree either way. If these rules are followed I'm sure things will work out fine. Grant, is this fine for rules or maybe add more?
The Rules will need refined then. It doesn't work for the Religious Forum afterall.

But what about denominations? Do we include such variants like Mormonism? Do we allow the views of WBC to be included?
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:38:03 AM
Hey,

I don't want to get bogged down in denominational squabbles. I treat anyone who has accepted that Jesus was sinless, the son of God and died for our sins and that whoever believes in him shall have eternal life. This isn't supposed to be a church or a religious organization but rather just a community of belief.
Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:41:20 AM
At 12/16/2014 10:38:03 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Hey,

I don't want to get bogged down in denominational squabbles. I treat anyone who has accepted that Jesus was sinless, the son of God and died for our sins and that whoever believes in him shall have eternal life. This isn't supposed to be a church or a religious organization but rather just a community of belief.

Fair enough. I just felt it needed to be brought up so as to know what we can expect here.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:41:47 AM
At 12/16/2014 10:12:11 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Can I join?

Aren't you an atheist? lol not saying you can't but... why would you?

That was a joke, but now to think of it, I am curious about what you Christians talk about in regards to religion.

I'll join if you will have me, but I'm just going to be an observer.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:42:30 AM
At 12/16/2014 10:41:47 AM, XLAV wrote:
Can I join?

That was a joke, but now to think of it, I am curious about what you Christians talk about in regards to religion.

That's perfectly fine. We talk about aspects of our faith, whats going on in our life, how to center around Jesus, what we're doing in our faith etc.
kawaii_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:46:31 AM
Hey,

Can I join?
"Being called weird is like being called Limited Edition. Meaning you're something people don't see that often." -Ashley Purdy

Please help raise money for a Christmas gift for airmax (although he is Jewish, as YYW pointed out). He is in desperate need of a new laptop, and he has done so much for this site; he certainly deserves one. :)
http://www.debate.org...
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:47:54 AM
At 12/16/2014 10:46:31 AM, kawaii_crazy wrote:
Hey,

Can I join?

Yes, everyone is allowed to join!

Right now I'm taking names, gauging what people are interested in so I can get it more organized in the near future for specific things we want to do.
Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 11:22:56 AM
At 12/16/2014 10:41:47 AM, XLAV wrote:
Can I join?

oh, hi :)
tabularasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 6:55:25 PM
I'm in. I will not remember to participate all the time, though.
1. I already googled it.

2. Give me an argument. Spell it out. "You're wrong," is not an argument.
phiLockeraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 7:54:45 PM
Hey,

I warn you, the militant atheists are poised to strike. This might catch their attention.
"Philosophy is a great conversation that never ends"

Writing for this website ----> www.dailyfreethinker.com
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 8:32:31 PM
At 12/16/2014 7:54:45 PM, phiLockeraptor wrote:
Hey,

I warn you, the militant atheists are poised to strike. This might catch their attention.

Oh I don't care. Let them. Nothing I haven't weathered before.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 8:39:47 PM
Hey,

How will this fit in with icon pictures of women holding their arms up to expose half of their breasts?
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 8:49:51 PM
At 12/16/2014 8:39:47 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Hey,

How will this fit in with icon pictures of women holding their arms up to expose half of their breasts?

LOL
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 9:31:27 PM
At 12/16/2014 10:18:31 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
This is a good idea. ^.^

Do it.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:23:01 PM
Hey,

Not sure what you mean.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:25:12 PM
At 12/16/2014 10:23:01 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Hey,

Not sure what you mean.

inb4 wylted joins and starts chanting black magic spells